I think many of you will return to the religion one day

by free2beme 98 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Surely theres a law of nature that says in general thing tend to gavitate away from harder things towards easier things. Like molecules gravtate from high concentrations to low concentrations.

Unless there was some massive psychological payoff, going back to the dubs would be like black people electing to go back to slavery.

It dont make sense, and its not gonna happen if you are a healthy human being.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    its not gonna happen if you are a healthy human being.

Precisely, those that have the propensity to go back are probably not that healthy from a mental health point of view; I mean how many of us where? We let an organisation take over our lives, our free will and our view of the world around us. Hardly healthy is it?

It takes time to break free of that mindset!

DB74

• greendawn
    greendawn

No way I will go back even if they gave me a million pounds, there are other proper Christian religions and I could join one of these instead rather than a destructive cult. I know that if I were ever to join a religion that would be the catholic one.

• trevor
    trevor

Friends of mine have gone back after many years out. The crucial factor in every case was that they never stopped believing it was the truth. They just felt they were not good enough or could not keep up with the circus. They live outside the Tower in fear of Armageddon until they folded and run back to the welcoming claws of the JWs.

In my experience people who leave because they no longer believe it is the truth, rarely go back.

• dozy
    dozy

We've just had a couple reinstated who were "dyed-in-the-wool" apostates , although the process took quite a while.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome to the forum dozy!

DB74

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

There is as much chance of me going back as there is of Danny Haszard being appointed to the Governing Body.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

IP_SEC Said:

I think there is a huge difference between a person DF'd and a person who knows the truth about the truth.

I dont think 100% will stay gone, but I do not think many here will ever even entertain going back.

That is what I think too. This site has always told those like us that "know the truth about the truth" should approach someone with caution that has been disfellowshipped - because they often welcome the abuse as "loving counsel".

I do believe many DF'd people return. But those that "know the truth about the truth"? Almost never. -ithinkisee PS: Happy birthday to me today.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Friends of mine have gone back after many years out. The crucial factor in every case was that they never stopped believing it was the truth. They just felt they were not good enough or could not keep up with the circus. They live outside the Tower in fear of Armageddon until they folded and run back to the welcoming claws of the JWs.

I went back after nine years out exactly for this reason.

purps

• Sirona
    Sirona

I had a moment just recently when talking to my JW mother - it kind of went like this

Mum: "So I told the elder that I didn't agree with the whole blood doctrine thing"

Me: "What did he say?"

Mum: "That he felt the exact same way, but that we need to wait for the society to sort it. We're not perfect as an organisation"

So for one split second I thought "They're not THAT bad after all".....followed by an immediate feeling of repulsion because my logic kicked in and I realised that people are DEAD because of that f***king STUPIDITY and we're supposed to *wait*!

Anyway, aside from all the people who are DEAD because of this religion, I couldn't go back for these reasons:

1. I'm too aware that it is a cult

2. I'm not Christian. Christianity in most of its forms makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm a good old fashioned pagan instead and there isn't anyone who can take my Goddess away LOL

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit