to all jw apologist.....if your religion is so full of love then why....

by kittyeatzjdubs 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    This must do untold mental damage to a 20 yr old like you and the thousands of others who suffer the same fate.

imagine going through for the first time at 16 years of age.

thanks j and everyone else for the love.

luv, jojo

• jambon1
    jambon1

By the sounds of it you are living a very good life and doing well. So you made some mistakes? Focus on this and you will get through it all. Love all whom love you unconditionaly.

One thingthat always got to me when I was in was that I too have a lot going for me in life. Good job, lovely mannerly kids, wonderful wife and I am respected by most people who know me. Yet, I always still felt inadequate due to the `nothing-is-ever-good-enough` policy that comes with being a JW.

Now, Im free and enjoying people and life to the full. Hey, and Im still respected by others.

Enjoy life,

J

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The type of shunning kitty... is experiencing is the common experience df ones share, the poster that is allowing his df'd sister to live with him is an exception to the rule. The one that posted that needs to open his eyes to the facts of the families destroyed by watchtower doctrine. The only time I could remotely agree with a shunning policy is in a true situation were someone in the congregation that insisted on associating within the midst of everyone else, but posed a honest threat to others well being because of dangerous behavior such as abuse. But uneducated , imperfect men should NEVER have authority over family relationships. My 18 year old brother in law was disfellowshipped his senior year of high school for smoking .The past 10 years he has been shunned by his JW family to the point were for several years no one even knew where he lived or if he was alive. His parents have never seen his wife or new baby daughter . My mother in law tortures her self over this constantly but, will never go against JW policy. Brainwashed to believe integrity to God will some how be broken if they have a normal loving relationship with their own son. THIS IS A SICK, TWISTED belief !!!! Twisted by MEN . I will never accept this is anything God intended .

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    My 18 year old brother in law was disfellowshipped his senior year of high school for smoking .The past 10 years he has been shunned by his JW family to the point were for several years no one even knew where he lived or if he was alive. His parents have never seen his wife or new baby daughter . My mother in law tortures her self over this constantly but, will never go against JW policy. Brainwashed to believe integrity to God will some how be broken if they have a normal loving relationship with their own son.

ahhh...jdub luv...nothing like it huh?

my heart goes out to your brother tm...that's an awful thing....

luv, jojo

• unique1
    unique1

So sorry to hear that. I can't believe someone would talk to one df'd daughter and not the other one. That is taking it to a whole new level!! I know it is hard. I am dealing with similar things now too. This place is more of a support group than a discussion board. Stay here and get support that you can't/won't get from your mom. We all love you.

• atypical
    atypical

Jojo, good for you on all you've accomplished. The best revenge is living well. Your mother is really the one who is missing out.

As far as the comment by Pixies, it IS the norm for jw family to shun their df'd children. There is an ongoing situation in my wife's hall right now. My friend is df'd. His parents will not see him, but they try to still have access to his daughter. They would not even attend his baby shower last sunday because he was going to be there. My and my buddies went to support him, because he was embarrassed. Embarrassed because the house would be full with his fiance's family and friends, and he would have nobody, since his life is filled with family and friends who refuse to associate with him.

• Honesty
    Honesty

(((((((jojo)))))))))

Now for the JW with the attitude that shunning is loving and Christian:

Reply: Going to have to politely disagree with you on this one. It has it's place in the Christian arrangement. Even in non-religious situations, say those who seriously abuse drugs, at some point an ultimatum is in order from those who love them.I am going thru it with my brother, nothing else works. I cannot let him think what he is doing is not serious. .

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society demands that Df'd persons are to be HATED.

What part of their decree do you not understand?

Do you really believe that this HATRED ends when and if the DF'd person is reinstated back into the Watchtower Society?

The Watchtower Society promotes HATRED and INTOLERANCE of anyone who disagrees with their doctrines, decrees or teachings.

Sincerely,

Bob Evans

Walland, TN.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

the most bizarre thing i've ever witnessed when it comes to shunning is a party gettogether i went to with my sister once. there was a sister there who's dsf'd daughter just had a baby. the sister wanted to show the baby off to everyone at the party. so the daughter came over, handed the baby over to the grandmother and stood in the corner by the doorway for over an hour, looking at the ground. when everyone finished oohing and aahing over the baby, the sister handed the baby back to the mother and just walked away! she didn't even say goodbye to her!!!!

can you imagine how that would look to an outsider? jw's are freaks!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I see my joking ealier did not fit the tone of the thread, I will bow out.

Thank God for small favors Jerky attitudes drive me crazy

Josie

• wednesday
    wednesday

Kitty

you are not a whore, don't let them put dirty words into your mind. You made a mistake, and you have apparently tried to make amends. Enough. .

I'm sorry you mom is so self righteous to think she might not have ever made a mistake. She will need you one day, she will get older and may wish she had your help.

jws are the most cold hearted people in the world. Being a christian starts at home. if you cannot treat your own family with forgiveness, what on earth are they out preaching to others for?

oh and yes jws do pick and choose which df person they will extend the blessing of their presence to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit