to all jw apologist.....if your religion is so full of love then why....

by kittyeatzjdubs 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gregor
    Gregor

Candidlynuts

I'm glad your parents aren't shunning you. From your avatar I see you are over 92 yrs. old. Your parents must be wonderful people.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

lol gregor i got interrogated in real life about ex jw websites so i got chicken and changed my profile and bd. i'm only in my early 40s.

and yes kitty (jojo) its all about control. sad pitiful control.

• unique1
    unique1
    ''if we were still in biblical times, we'd take you out behind the kingdom hall and stone you.''

My dad told me that too, and all I did was hang out with someone who was df'd.

These people are CRAZY!!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

So let me get this right. Even through the Org says that you should not speak to DF family members any more than is absolutely necessary as shown in the many quotes on the first page of this thread, it doesn't really mean that. What it really means is that each JW should choose if their DF family member needs shunning, based on how 'stupid' they are. Or based on how bad they really are, or how much pain (shunning) the person needs to learn their lesson.

So, if you family members are doing all the judging, then whats the use of the Judicial Meetings? And for that matter, what's God's job? You all seem to have His job all taken care of.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

oooooooooo....good point lisa....

luv, jojo

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

lisa,

Since you didn't specify who you were talking to I really don't know whether "you all seem to have His job all taken care of" applied also to me.

I can't speak for anyone else, but given my brother's treatment of his ex-wife and two adorable daughters, his willful non-support, his INCREDIBLY risky and promiscuous lifestyle, his propensity to mooch, beg, borrow and never repay, and his willingness to blame everything that happens in his life on someone or something else it is better for me for him to be out of my life. On rare occasions I like to watch Jerry Springer but I would never choose to live it. So, I deliberately choose to keep away from him which is the definition of "shun".

From my perspective it has nothing to do with Godly judgmentalism, I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses nor am I affiliated with any other religious organization.

If anyone claims to accept everyone and everything, I believe they are lying. I have never met the person for whom that is true. I tolerate quite a lot that I can't accept, but even my tolerance has a breaking point when it comes to encroaching willfully on the rights of others. And if you believe that is judgmentalism, I would appreciate a more fully developed explanation of your perspective on the matter.

The only part I can't understand about JWs is (1) claiming that it is (in any way) an act of love and (2) claiming that the way it is done among JWs has Scriptural backing.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i think she may have been talking about DTP...

at least i thought she was...

luv, jojo

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

AuldSoul,

I sorry if you thought that what I said might have been directed to you. I was really talking about some things Death To Pixies said.

Really sorry I wasn't clear.

Peace,

-Lisabobeesa

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Aw (((jojo ))) I am not upset with lisaBObeesa at all. I don't close a post "Respectfully" lightly, it isn't just a trite or habitual tack-on.

I'm just saying I understand needing to get people out of your life and I don't think that is playing God or taking over his job. Killing abortion doctors is playing God. Serving on Judicial Committees is playing God. Being a member of the Governing Body is playing God.

In response to lisaBObeesa's post, Eduardo's question about judging pedophiles makes sense. Would you not personally judge that person as someone you don't want in your life? I don't think lisBObeesa refrains from all judging, I don't think anyone does.

I just don't understand cutting out of your life someone you called a friend or family just because someone else tells you to, or saying that you are doing so because of the Bible's counsel (to let the elder's be your conscience), or to say you are doing so out of love.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Really sorry I wasn't clear.

No worries, mi amiga.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit