get a life -- 10 facts

by joelbear 174 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

Not to poke light at your serious encounter, but I thought you'd appreciate this:

Q: Do I have a spleen?
    Yes! Unless it was removed, you have a spleen. Some people are even born with more than one spleen. The spleen is a wonderful thing, and you should be aware of your own spleen.

Q: How do I care for my spleen?
    Your spleen requires just a little care and love. Remember to follow these easy rules:

Keep your spleen clean. Make sure to wash your spleen at least once a month (either let it air dry, or use a paper towel or lint-free cloth). Do not use soap, just a gentle jet of water. (See the section on spleen cleaning later in the FAQ)

Eat right. Beans are good spleen food, especially kidney beans. Your spleen also appreciates the occasional pizza (for the grease), and pasta is always a yes.

Give your spleen affection. Go ahead! Don't be shy. Touch it, squeeze it gently, massage it. Your spleen can be your best friend if you treat it right.

But that's not all! According to Nobel prizewinning surgeon and hygenist Tom Whelan ( [email protected]), you should always do the following things to make life better for your spleen:

Let it out for a few minutes each day. Careful to put a towel in your lap for this.

Vent the Spleen. This is best done in the shower, as it can become messy. Be sure to have your blood type in stock at the local red cross. If you're not already familiar with venting, you should consult a certified spleen mechanic.

Talk to your Spleen: A few words of encouragement, or just a kind comment make for a happy day.

Never scare your spleen. Mad barking dogs, incontinent parrots, and brain damaged Easter Bunnies all tend to upset your spleen.

Your spleen needs a diet high in Haggis. Haggis is a delicacy popular in Scotland. It is made with ground lamb's brains, liver, adrenal glands and hemp with a barley binder. The Haggis is served in the lamb's stomach. Since there is a resemblance, the Spleen enjoys this meal. (See below for vegetarian alternatives.)

Burp a lot. This is akin to a back rub for the Spleen.

Q: Are the rumors of spleen violence true?
    Oddly enough, yes. Researcher Daniel Martinez ( [email protected]) has discovered these alarming facts:

"Apparently the widespread adoption of the stiletto as a weapon of murder in southern Italy during the late Middle Ages was an indirect consequence of the swampiness of the region. The low, wet areas were ideal breeding grounds for mosquitoes, and as a consequence Malaria was quite common there. The disease was generally accompanied by an enlargement of the spleen, which had to purify the blood of additional toxins and other by-products of infection. Any rupture of the organ, in that state, could quickly cause a victim to bleed to death. That, it seems, is exactly what the stiletto was meant to do. Long and thin, it's more suited to piercing than to slashing; supposedly the spleen of the average citizen in those parts was of sufficient size that a solid thrust anywhere in the abdominal region had a credible chance of success."

-Dan

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Dan - sorry dude. I am half-Japanese and have Japanese decorations. That's about the extent of my knowledge with my heritage. I can count to 10 in Japanese, does that count?

Loved your spleen instructions!

Andi

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

billygoat that explains your exotic looks. I can read japanese katakana and can speak it in a low level. YOu should learn it, not to be mean but it is a very primitive language and relativley easy to learn. What's hard is learning the complicated class aspect of it..how to adress people correctly. The language is layered in how polite you speak. But in terms of day to day conversations, a statment in english such as That guy is hungry would be 'hungry' in japanese. Or She is hungry' would be 'hungry'. Half of the meanings of sentences in japanese are derived soley from context. This is also why japanese has borrowed so many english words. Ice cream? Eysu Kureem. They also borrow heavily from portoguese. Bicycle? Zitenstia, similair to the porteguese word for cbiciycler. Bread? Pan, same as in portoguese. Roof? Tenjo, same as porteguese. Etc etc. Also learning to read katakana isnt too hard, its the kanji thats a bitch to learn.

neko means cat in japanese
    -Dan

• riz
    riz

Dan you crack me up

DC,

way to put the kung-fu moves on that bastard. I'm glad you're still with us.

riz

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

How come you all can see Billygoat's pic, it looks like a fat red x to me?

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

Dan,
    that was a riot
    for some reason when i hear the word spleen i associate it with Mystery Men, i think it was Paul Reuben who played Spleen or Mr. Spleen something to that effect. . .
    thanks for the laugh

dc

• somebody
    somebody

MrMoe,

I can't see Billygoat's picture either.

peace,
    somebody

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

Her pic has been posted at one time or another, but it is a red x because she is loading it from her harddrive..that sint correct. She needs to upload it to webphotos.com and then link it here.

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Ten facts about me..... you want that many Joel??

1. My hair used to be so long I could sit on it and still have some to spare.
    2. I left home at the age of 15.
    3. My favourite colour is green, the colour of nature.
    4. I love modern country music, Faith Hill, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw
    5. My application for university to become a nurse goes off on Friday
    6. I love old people, love to listen to their old stories, they have so much to teach us
    7. I must be about the only woman in the world who hates going shopping
    8. My most treasured possessions, apart from my family, are my two huge family photograph albums
    9. I like good coffee
    10.I have a rat who is like one of the family, called Charlie.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

1.I was born in Albany GA, but raised in upstate South Carolina.
    2. I just turned 29 years old yesterday and really feel old today, but that might just be the drugs wearing off. LOL
    3.I have the most beautifull woman in the world. She is my soul mate for sure.
    4.I have two boys from a previous marriage that are 9 and 5. I have 1 son with Jen that is 22 months old. He's a trip. All three have their father's good looks and charm.
    5.My wife has an awesome job making great money so I am a stay-at-home dad. Yes I know that I am lucky as hell.
    6.As pathetic as it sounds, this board is a big part of my life. I always feel like I don't ever have anything of value to contribute, but I enjoy it here immensely. I love to try and make people laugh. Even in real life, I'm constantly trying to get a laugh out of people.
    7.I am very opinionated, and can be an asshole at times, but I never mean any harm.
    8.I am atheist.
    9.In moderation of course, I enjoy the use of certain ingestables that are illegal. I am a member of www.legalize.com I don't feel that drugs should be illegal. I have several opinions as to why, but too many to list here.
    10. Did I mention that i have the most beautifull woman in the world? I feel so lucky to have her. She is my life. I was married before for 4 years and was never truly happy. I 've been with Jen for 4 years, and now I truly know what the word love means. We fit together in so many ways. Can you tell how much I love her? LOL]

Slayer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit