get a life -- 10 facts

by joelbear 174 Replies latest jw friends

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

1. I am madly in love with my husband.
    2. My husband and I are both madly in love with our new son .... Noah.
    3. I have been writing music since I was 4 years old.
    4. I am 5'3", but no one has ever thought of me as short, since I have such a big mouth.
    5. I am happier than I ever thought I could be.
    6. I have a 4.0 GPA
    7. I have a 10lb dog named Molly.
    8. We are a Toyota family.
    9. Did I mention that I have the best husband in the world??
    10. I recently found out that the prospect of death by chocolate may not be as pleasant as it seems.

BobsGirl

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

i didnt realize the society banned chess..thats hilarious...can someone dig up this article???

I guess the society wants to keep the rank and file dumb like sheep and not allow them to sharpen their thinking skills in a game as timeless as chess

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I don't remember a specific article, but I do remember my mother(JW)
    telling my step-dad(non-JW) that she didn't want him playing it in the house. She said that chess was a war game and since witnesses are not allowed to join the armed forces, they shouldn't play it. Which is why I play it now!

April

• seven006
    seven006

Cowboy,

If I was any further away from those two Id be living on the moon. I haven't seen them post for a few days. Do you think they are having that lesbian experience vacation together they keep talking about? I noticed that when one of them disappears for a while we don't see the other one around either. Another thing, if you look at a globe of the earth and they are standing upside down from where we are would that make all their blood rush to their head?

dave

• outnfree
    outnfree

Eating this up!!!!

1. I am a Christmas baby. Giving up my birthday for religion wasn't that difficult because being a Christmas baby just .... sucks!!!!
    But now anyone who is actually posting here on Christmas as opposed to using their post-JW freedom to celebrate FAMILY may wish me a Happy Birthday on Dec. 25 and I will not even get a "puss" on my face.
    2. Married 23 years, 4 kids (3 mine, 1 borrowed), husband is 9-1/2 years older than me. Eldest is 17, female and a high school senior.
    Then 15, female, Sophomore, 13, male, 8th grader, 12-this-weekend, female, 6th grader. (OH! I am also "wicked" step mom to a 30 year old. My step son is an American living in Canada and my son is a Canadian living in America.)
    3. GONE WITH THE WIND is my all-time favorite movie and LITTLE WOMEN my favorite book. And in case Ginny wants to know, I always WISHED I could be Melly - kind and gracious - but the realist in me knew I never would be. Just as I thought Beth quietly lovely, and yet I was more like Jo! (Which actually wasn't too bad in my opinion. I would have singed my gloves, and I also have my rare hair-cropping moments in life when I please myself with unexpected Melly-like-ness!)
    4. I have owned four cats in my life and I think I'm done. The first was hit by a car and so was the last one. Both right outside my home.
    Missy was just killed last week, so I'm in mourning.
    5. I am right-handed with one left-handed daughter. [-handedness being a big thing on this thread for some reason.)
    6. My children have all attended parochial school (hubby is non-practicing Roman Catholic) which made for some interesting conflicts during my 11 years as a baptized witness.
    7. I love learning! Read a LOT! Even my kids' summer reading assignments!
    8. I speak French and a Spanish Catalonian dialect - Mallorquin. At one time wanted to major in Foreign Languages. Instead, I married a Spaniard.
    9. Who else was it here that liked Billy Joel? Me, too! And Sting the Beatles, Simon&Garfunkel, and Creed, Good Charlotte, and Alabama & Shania Twain. I like live orchestral music, because I enjoy watching the musicians and how all the parts come together, but I don't like listening to it half as well. Eclectic? Detest opera.
    10. I like Vincent VanGogh and irises.

Yes, deciding on only 10 is difficult!
    Thanks, joelbear!

• somebody
    somebody

bboy,

You've got mail.

peace,
    somebody

• ballistic
    ballistic

I used to play chess with an elder and 2 MSs. Has it been banned in the last 7 - 8 years. This can't be true!

I was too far out... and not waving but drowning - Stevie Smith

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

What a great idea for a thread, Joel. I'm going to get up to Atlanta sometime and we need to get together!
    Ok, here's my 10
    1. I'm 29. Born a witness and left at age 20. Mom and stepdad still in, so is my brother. They at least respect how I feel and we are on good terms, but I don't talk to my brother very much.
    2. I'm single, live alone, and actually enjoy being by myself. Well almost alone, I have a young pearl cockatiel named Hannibal Bender.
    3. I enjoy classic rock and maybe a little country here and there. I like movies period. No favorite, just as no favorite band, book, or color. But I do have a favorite author and that is Steven King.
    4. In 93 when I had to cut my hair to get a job, I swore that was the last time I would. A few years later I walked out of a part time job because the manager told me I had to get a haircut. When I lost my love Pat, I cut the top and sides to piss her off, but am growing it back and from henceforth it will grow.
    5. LESS THAN 3 YEARS UNTIL THE OLSEN TWINS ARE LEGAL!
    6. There is no item #6.
    7. I love to cook and my grill is my favorite possession. I am still very much a novice, but I am learning all the time.
    8. I do plan to find that special girl someday. Much as I like being alone, I do want to find "her".
    9. I want to travel. I've lived in Georgia all my life and want to see the rest of the world. I would like to visit England first. I would also like to visit Japan and China.
    10. I am an auto technician. Not a mechanic, a technician. I got my start at good old Western Auto as a tire changer. Midas got me into exhaust work and there I met my best friend and mentor, Jamie Bailey and his family. From Midas, I went to Meineke where the local franchise owner David Mobley took the time to teach me to be a professional instead of a mechanic. From Meineke, I have ended up at Raffield Tire Masters newest store in Northwest Macon-the VERY wealthy section of town. In 1999, the highest paid technician at Raffields' 7 stores earned $76,000. He is an alignment and brakes technician just like me. So for now my goal is to bust my ass and be the first technician in Macon to hit $100,000 a year. Maybe that sounds selfish but what the hell?
    mike.

• teejay
    teejay

I predict that this thread will be JW.com's alltime favorite. How 'bout you?

• waiting1
    waiting1

Hey outnFree,

5. I am right-handed with one left-handed daughter. [-handedness being a big thing on this thread for some reason.)

You'd have to be left-handed to understand. It's a big thing with us. Sort of like an unspoken persecution complex. For years, I sewed a lot - which meant cutting fabric a lot. My left thumb would have big red marks on it afterwards and throb with pain. I thought it was normal, just part of sewing.

I finally (frivously) invested in a left-handed pair of sissors (sp?) - and was amazed - no pain! Then, and only then, did I realize that the world was really stacked against left-handed people. And I felt righteously persecuted because there's not enough of us for the buying market - so we suffer injustice at the hands of the right-handers.

Now you understand.

Southpaw waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit