get a life -- 10 facts

by joelbear 174 Replies latest jw friends

• HalfWayThere
    HalfWayThere

10 things about me....

1. I'm 24, male, and live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
    2. I'm the youngest of six (3 boys, 3 girls)
    3. I had another brother but he died at the age of 3, before I was born. His name was Gavin.
    4. My parents separated when I was about 6, and divorced shortly after.
    5. My favourite colour is black....though technically thats not a colour (lol) :)
    6. My favourite thing to do is laugh.
    7. The last meeting I attended was about 4 months ago. I don't ever intend going back.
    8. I was the only one of my brothers to get baptised. My father disassociated himself about 20 years ago. Now only the females in my family are JW's. Hmmmm interesting (lol)
    9. One of my sisters just recently gave birth to a girl. That means I now have 9 nephews and 4 neices. But I can't see my new neice because I'm not welcome at my sister's house, because apparently I'm an apostate or something like that :(
    10. I'm single and happy but on Monday night I met in person a girl the same age as me who I had chatted to on the net previously......I think I'm in love!! :)

• Gimme3steps
    Gimme3steps

Wow,...neat thread, yall,..10 personal facts of little consequence in the big picture :)

1-Aint had a haircut in 15 years(it aint that long, tho, natural boundary , i guess)
    2-love to don headphones and play the drums w/ CCR, U2, Skynyrd,Bad Company,LIVE
    3-Skipped 3rd grade
    4-single father, bout dun raising my two(daughter-20,son-18)
    5-If ya ever got a satellite question, jus ask
    6-a Southern Man
    7-we always had Thanksgivin, at our house, growin up.
    8-lifelong resident of North GA, hope to move to western NC, in not-so-distant future
    9-need to quit smokin
    10-pretty good spades player, play often, online

11-considering the purchase of a spleen protector, if i ever have to go to Atlanta, again ..:)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Slayer - you are so sweet! Jen does seem very lucky!

Dan - I heard of that episode! Ewww! I hope that's not what Neil is doing to me. Haha!

Andi

• Kat_
    Kat_

1. I was born in RI, raised on Long Island, New York. I currently live in Orlando, Florida
    3. I am second oldest of 5 children, 2 boys/3 girls
    4. I am left-handed
    5. I just turned 26 years old
    6. I have 2 beautiful children, 4 years on Thursday(boy)/1 1/2 years(girl)
    7. My favorite musician is Billy Joel.
    8. I speak Polish.
    9. I love card games, mainly poker.
    10. My video collection mainly consists of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Aliens Trilogies, basically any sci-fi/aliens/action movies.

Joel-great idea!

Kat

• Shaneliza
    Shaneliza

Fantastic thread Joel !!!!

1)I'm a Canadian.
    2)I'm currently married...21 years.
    3)I have two children, a son 18 and a daughter 15.
    4)My younger sister and older brother are also df'd.
    5)I love music, mostly classic rock.
    6)My favorite authors are Clive Cussler, Pauline Gedge and Barbara Erskine.
    7)I have been out of the borg for 24 years.
    8)My brother also posts on this board.
    9)My favorite colour is blue.
    10)My favorite movie of all time is Gone With The Wind.

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

1. I am 18, 19 in a few months
    2. I am almost done with highschool (best part of highschool, is the "high" part)
    3. I am a middle child, one younger dorkier (if thats possible) version of me. And one older, wiser, yoda-like version of me(Slayerlayer)
    4. I was baptised exactly one year ago last month and am starting to regret it.
    5. I have parents.... but im not going there at this time.
    6. I was born in South Carolina and raisied here (When i wasnt being moved from place to place)
    7. I am 5'9".I have dark brown, almost dark hair. And Greenish almost Blue eyes. I like girls shorter than me with long dark hair and blue eyes. But im not picky (Single Virgin)
    8. Like my brother, I enjoy halucinations. so long as they stay remember me next time i see them again.
    9. Favorit show is Star Trek (All versions), Favorite color is Black. Favorite Song, Limp Bizkit, My Way.
    10. Fav Quote "We were somewhere in Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold."

• seven006
    seven006

1. I was born in a hospital in California where the second I was born they grabbed me by my little feet, held me upside down, and spanked my tiny wrinkled white butt for no reason at all and then finger printed my aching little feet like a common criminal. After spending a few days getting over that bit of a trauma they ripped me from my mommy's arms strapped my little legs to a cutting board and sliced up my little weenier with an excto knife. Life pretty much went down hill from there.

2. My favorite subject in school was detention. I liked anything that kept me away from my crazy family. We had nine kids in my family and I didn't particularly like any one of them especially during family bible studies. What started out as a bible lesson quickly turned into a reading lesson, lesson in bladder control, lesson in discipline, lesson on not laughing at the one getting disciplined, lesson on specific underlining techniques, lesson on ear cleaning hygiene, lesson on effective butt scratching techniques with a ball point pen, Lesson on making faces at your siblings and not getting caught, lessons on explaining the facial tick that was misunderstood as making a face and getting away with it with a big shit eating grin, lesson on nose picking, lesson on properly hiding the content of nose picking, lesson on reviving dead butt cheeks, and a lesson on love, hate, killing, life, death, fear, sex, evil, good, god, devil, and how to choose the right highlight marker to sniff that contained the highest level of xliene to get semi stoned with.

3. My mom joined the religion when I was 3 and I left it when I was 28. I sinned a lot in the in-between years but never got caught. With nine kids in the family it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Occasionally ratting on a less significant brother or sister also kept the heat off of me and helped me blend into the high pile green shag carpet. A three story turn of the century house helped also in the fact that my brother and I had the tiny rooms on the third floor. An article from the one and only Awake magazine that I ever read had an article on fire safety in your house and at the age of fifteen my step dad installed a fire escape rope from my room to the ground on the side of the house (ya, I know, stupid, wasn't he). Thank you Awake magazine writing staff!

4. I have no favorite color. Being a professional artist I like all colors and have no ill will toward any color. Except that boogery baby poop greenish yellow, I hate that color. It reminds me of the underside of the chair my brother used during our family bible studies.

5. I am single and have been divorced for about 15 years. I have three sons who are all miracles of life. Considering that my JW ex-wife and I only had sex six times when we were married each one of them are here by purely a miracle. The other three times gave birth to a new, car, new house, and her accidentally getting drunk at her sisters wedding. The sex wasn't great after that wedding because she kept snoring. At least I didn't have to ask her for the sixth time in our marriage if it was good for her too.

6. Because of my ex-wife and that union that no man should put asunder I have avoided marrr.....mar.....mmmaaa...mara...going through a weddi......wed........waaa....... hooking up legally. I like being alone and I save a lot of money on not having to go to therapy. I some times miss the naked stuff but I keep a picture of my ex-wife plastered to the door of my liquor cabinet as a constant reminder of not to drink and date. Don't get me wrong, she is a beautiful lady and looks great naked but she used that against me like I was a starving dog and she was a juicy stake being dangled in front of me to make me whine like a puppy and perform any little trick she desired. What she did to me was far beyond basic cruelty to animals.

7. I don't have any pets.

8. I play racquet ball and basket ball when ever I can and I won top athlete in the presidents physical fitness program as a senior in high school. But I couldn't play sports after school for reasons we are all familiar with. I could have been a contender, I could have been somebody. I could have had a shoe named after me instead of a friends stupid cat (long story bad ending).

9. My favorite TV shows are anything on the discovery science or civilization channels. I also like Everyone love's Raymond and Judging Amy. With an 18 year old son in the house the TV is usually on MTV or that stupid X-games station. I like movies but usually only see them once they hit cable. Most of my free time is spent working on my computer at home while a half dozen teen age girls are out in the back yard jumping on my son's trampoline. He got it so he could keep in shape for snow boarding season and I still can't figure out why he lets those girls come over and jump on it all the time. I don't even think any of them snow board. Dumb kid.

10. Sex. I think sex is stupid. Every thing about sex is stupid. Everyone keeps telling me that with the right woman sex is great. Iv had a lot of right women in my life and I still think it's stupid. Just watching people have sex looks stupid. I don't care what anyone says I will always think sex is stupid. Even if women came over to my house in Tigard Oregon right off the 252 exit on Interstate 5 and go down the hill, turn left through the big trees and then take your next right and then another right and came into the big gray house in the middle of the street and tried to force me into having great sex and seeing what great sex was like I'd still think it was stupid. Even if the two Australian ladies that made fun of me last week on a thread
    flew up to Oregon on Qantas flight 372 leaving Sydney at 5:10 PM their time and arrives at 6:25 PM my time in Portland at international gate 37D and asked me to be waiting at the gate with flowers and then we could drive to the beach house which only takes two hours from Portland and get there just in time to watch the sunset from the big windows on the top floor and then had several drinks and they tried to get me drunk and take advantage of me while my hands are tied behind me and they had on those G-string leather things they teased me
    about and they forced me to have sex with both of them at the same time, I'd still think it was stupid. I dare anyone (women only, sorry Jon) to prove me wrong.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Wow! We really need to have a cocktail party now.

StifflersErSlayersBrother,

So, you're a Hunter S. Thompson fan? What did you think of the movie version of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? I haven't seen it.

Shaneliza,

If you were a character in Gone With the Wind, who would you be? Scarlett, Melly, or Mammy?

Kat,

A fellow MST3K fan! Whoooeeee!

To all you Georgia folks:

Is Georgia the center of the southern apostate kingdom? I wish I could've met you all when I was down there!

AMarie,

I just drove through Columbus, Ohio two weekends ago on my way to visit a family with a pet snake named Peaches. I would have slowed down to say hello had I known a jw.com colleague was in the vicinity.

Rodnico,

Anyone who collects toy cockroaches and lives in a loft is a friend of mine. When can I visit?

ReverendRoy,

Can we make a date for next Mardi Gras? I haven't visited New Orleans in about 10 years. I still miss beignets and po' boys.

And Englishman,

I'm still waiting to find out if you're the Englishman with the sexy accent who seduced and impregnated Dins.

Ginny

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Okay, 10 facts:

1. I wish I looked like my profile picture.
    2. I've been married for 9 years.
    3. I met my husband at a Star Trek convention.
    4. I collect porcelin treasure boxes.
    5. Favorite show: Stargate SG-1
    6. Favorite movie: Titanic
    7. Favorite author: Robert Fulghum
    8. Dream job: Science fiction novelist
    9. Favoite color: Purple or any shade thereof
    10. I'm a Pagan.

Silverleaf

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

ten random facts about MD, none of any importance whatever:

1.If music moves me, I weep. Whether I want to or not.

2.I'm the seventh child and youngest daughter of ten children.

3. My husband is my best friend.

4. I'm a trained weather spotter with field experience.

5. I can pop twelve quarts of popcorn in one batch using a
    3-quart pan.

6. My current favorite tv shows are 'Red Dwarf' and 'The Pretender'.

7. I have a singing canary that my husband gave me for a Valentine four
    years ago. This was the best present I ever received.

8. I have three sons aged 24, 23, and 10.

9. I sang in my high school's first-ever musical production; I played
    Lucy in 'You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.'

10. I make a terrific sweet potato pie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit