get a life -- 10 facts

by joelbear 174 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Everything you wanted to know but was afraid to ask
    1. I am 27, and female.
    2. I grew up in Rochester, NY. Moved to the suburbs for a few years, then back to the city for my late teens. I preferred the country life, and at 18 moved to North Carolina(can't get more backwoods than that) I lived in Atlanta for about a year, then moved down to Orlando Florida for 5 years. Then back to North Carolina for 3. Now I am back in Ny(hating every second of it!)
    3. I love to travel, hehe can you tell. I made a cross country trip to Oregon and want to do it again and again. Traveling by car is a great way to see the country.
    4. I have two children, and boy and girl, and one cooking in the oven. Oh that sounded bad! I am due to deliver my 3rd child in March lol
    5. I love talking to older people. I love to hear stories about their life. And hear any advice they are willing to share.
    6. I am an outgoing person, and love to meet people.
    7. I am gullible, and I have often been fooled..lol
    8. Favorite movie? Too many to mention. I love the old time musicals, and chick flicks, I also love action movies, but no scary movies, I have nightmares! Running on Empty, and A cool dry place, definatly top 2 movies.
    9. I love to flirt
    10. I love to talk to and I am very open about who I am and what I want. Another can't you tell?
    wendy

Mony,
    I will be your back up singer hehe!

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• mommy
    mommy

Between!
    I know who you are now! LOL I wondered where the other one had gone, and was worried about you! Email me if you want, but use this email account ok? I would love to get back in touch with you.
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hey Wendy

LOL, yup it's me ((((hugs)))). I sure will drop you a note. Back in NY again, huh? Poor you. I miss it in a way though. There are NO fossils here in the Carolinas, unless you go river diving for megaladon teeth LOL

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• somebody
    somebody

hi plh,

Ann Rule writes non-fiction stories, unlike the other authors I mentioned. She is a former Seattle policewoman who writes about all her cime files. She's a true crime writer and most of her books are about several different cases. She might have 5 or 6 differet stories in one book, sometimes more, and includes pictures of the people she writes about. Sometimes they aren't nice pictures of the victims, so be warned. She wrote a book on Ted Bundy years ago, bcause she actually knew him. He was a co-worker and a friend of hers and she never knew the real him. The book is called either "A Stranger Beside Me", or "The Stranger Beside Me". I've read every book she's ever written. I haven't read all of Dean Koontz' or John Saul's books yet though. I fell behind more than three years ago when I got my computer.

peace,
    somebody
    P.S. In The Name OF Love is one ofAnn Rules books that I remember. It's one that has about six different stories in it.

• You Know
    You Know

1) I was born in a large Midwestern city situated in a corn field.
    2) I had no favorite subjects in school, but was keen on mischief.
    3) I had a cat. An abysinian. He died. I cried.
    4) When I was about 13 years old I swam across the Ohio River for no particular reason.
    5) I once stole a car on a cold winter's day to go see my girlfriend. I returned it later and the guy thanked me.
    6) My guitar has a broken string. The D string.
    7) I have two eyes in real life. They are both the same color.
    8) I love to go to the movies. Can't remember the last time I went though.
    9) I love to read. The Bible is my favorite book.
    10) I like to walk. Particularly trespassing on railroad property.

/ You Know

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Joel, Great Post.

Here goes:

1. I'm the 2nd oldest of 10 children and a huge dissapointment to my dad!(happy happy joy joy)
    2. I'm 36 years old with br hair and eyes and a goatee(this is sounding like a singles ad)
    3. I'm happily married for the last 8 years to my life partner Kevin.(today is our anniversary)
    4. I was born in central Kentucky and raised in southern Ohio.(no briar jokes please)
    5. Favorite movies are The Way We Were and Terms of Endearment.(imagine that!)
    6. Favorite music group is Fleetwood Mac.(I am the secret love child of Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham)
    7. Favorite author is Anne Rice.(her vampire novels are fabo!!)
    8. No kids but I do have a cat and her name is Ethyl.(don't ask me Kevin named her)
    9. Left JW's when I was 16 and am now an athiest.(Kevin is Catholic and swears that deep down I really do believe in God)
    10. Secret desire is to have one of my screenplays win an Oscar.(of course I have to get one made into a film first!)

Peace,
    Jon

• riz
    riz

((())) Happy Anniversary Jon and Kevin ((()))

Congratulations! I'll have some champagne tonight and toast you two. Hmmm... toast you two? That doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.

Me love you long time,

riz

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

1. I have moved 35 times in my life. (I think I have some restless nomad genes in here somewhere.)

2. I grew up in a small town in Indiana and now work in John Mellencamp's hometown, Seymour, Indiana.

3. For awhile I lived around Atlanta (Duluth, Lawrenceville, and McDonough) and worked in Buckhead and Midtown, so I wonder if Joelbear and I have crossed paths before.

4. I have also lived near Washington, D.C. (Bethesda), and in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; D'Iberville, Biloxi, and Ocean Springs, Mississippi; and near Denver, Colorado (Aurora). Perhaps I've crossed the paths of others as well?

5. I once worked as a nanny for a Jewish family and made the heinous mistake of packing a non-kosher bologna sandwich for the little boy's Jewish preschool lunch.

6. My favorite subject in school was art.

7. My favorite authors are Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, and John Kennedy Toole.

http://www.lostsoulcompanion.com/book/B3_jkt.php

8. I love old black and white movies and cheesy musicals: Night of the Iguana, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Oklahoma!, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

9. I also love to make sarcastic remarks about cheesy movies, e.g. Mystery Science Theater 3000.

http://www.scifi.com/screengrab/startcaption.cgi

10. My favorite guitarist is Stevie Ray Vaughan.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

woohoo! great thread joel !!!

1. i was born in rosetown, saskatchewan (LOL)
    2. fave subjects in school were english and art
    3. i have two crazy cats; pooties (aka vic) and harley (aka lou)
    4. i start university in a week and < mixed feelings
    5. i bought a $500 guitar last year and i cant even play (hehehe)
    6. poetry and art are my life
    7. i'm single and happy!!!
    8. i love kids, they rawk! so fearless, i admire them so!
    9. i am addicted to dr. pepper and sour cream doritos
    10. i brush my teeth in the shower

i know the pieces fit because i watched them fall away...

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

1. i own something close to 1000 cd's
    2. fascinated with the occult, paranormal, and all that is bizarre
    3. i collect gargoyles
    4. i collect starwars novels (currently have about 62 of them)
    5. geometry was my favorite subject in high school
    6. have the coolest girlfriend on the planet whom i live with
    7. we have a black cat named Inanna (terror incarnate)
    8. i play flute, keys, bass, and can program a sequencer (currently working with a Roland 505 groovebox), and have been teaching myself to play a 12 string
    9. i have a titanium rod keeping my right humurus in place
    10. robert smith, neil gaiman, anne rice, tim buton, nick rhodes are among the artists that i respect, but there are others. . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit