get a life -- 10 facts

by joelbear 174 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Dave,

Thanks so much for the lovely ewe...However,I must admit I no longer have it.My fourth cousin twice removed,Jasper,who is from up in your neck of the woods,by the way,fell in love with it.He said the fellas back at the compound would really enjoy it...But he wrote that he no longer has it either.He said that he bit it on the neck,and it farted and flew out the window!Go figure...Please don't bother to send another one,we could find no good place to hide drugs in it.

Please remind slayer that Bubba will be coming to visit if he don't pay up real soon...

Thanks
    Cowboy

SixofNine

Western wear stores are kinda scary,huh?But then,I've never been in a gay bar,so I have no basis of comparism...But for some reason,some really nice looking women tend to work in,and frequent western wear stores...

Cowboy

Prisca,

Don't believe everything you hear.If you want the truth,go to the source.

Cowboy

"I know there's a balance,I see it when I swing past"-John Mellencamp

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

I've spent the last 2 hours just reading this thread!! Joel, excellent idea.

MST3K is quite possibly one of the best things to ever come out of cable.

seven006 -- ROTFLMAO. You crack me up!

JanH -- "Billions and billions of stars..." My husband used to watch Cosmos when he was six years old. I tried reading Asimov's Foundation trilogy when I was 14, but I couldn't get into it. I might try again...

You Know -- Nice to meet you. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

1. Born, raised, still living in Northeast Ohio. I currently reside in a western suburb of Cleveland.
    2. Raised a JW for 20 years; drifted away after being reinstated. Last time in KH was my sister's wedding 4 years ago.
    3. I'm of Irish and German heritage; I have a temper like you wouldn't belive and love gross jokes. Ask me one; I'm full of 'em.
    4. My favorite pasttime is going to see our orchestra at an outdoor ampitheatre, packing a picnic (all homemade, of course) and a couple of bottles of good wine.
    5. I have naturally curly auburn hair and look much younger than I am. I'm frequently carded for alcohol, which drives my husband crazy.
    6. Married one year (in 2 weeks) to my wonderful husband. No kids; will start the BD (baby dance) next year.
    7. At any given time I am reading about 5 books. I love non-fiction biographies, but also like Ellen Gilchrist and Jane Hamilton and Alice Hoffman. I'm currently listening to "Cause Celeb" by Helen Fielding and "On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft" by Stephen King, both on CD. My favorite reference book is "The Elements Of Style" by William Strunk & E.B. White. I love to learn, love to question things, and I want to be a writer.
    8. I have big feet and reaaaaally long toes. I'm only 5'2" but I wear a size 9 shoe. I complain about them, but secretly I love my feet.
    9. I'm a closet geek. I love software and hardware, and feel naked without my Palm pilot.
    10. I have a deep-seated fear that our dog remembers my husband's ex and liked her more than he likes me.

Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• seven006
    seven006

<<9. I'm a closet geek. I love software and hardware, and feel naked without my Palm pilot.>>

Ya, me too. (snicker)

Cowboy.

Whoops, posted under Dave's ID again, sorry Dave

• Prisca
    Prisca

Dave,

Did I say you and jon and the lime jell-o??

Opps, sorry, I meant Cowboy and the lime jell-o!! Seems to be some crazy fetish of CB's. Don't know how he dreamt that one up! He must be spending too much time alone on those Oklahoma hills with dem da cows......!!

BTW, you're on for the massage. This girl loves massages! But never have liked whipped cream myself though. Especially in those sponge cakes my grandma used to present for morning tea when we used to visit. She never used to give us massages either.

But if you like whipped cream, and you want to give me a massage, go ahead and lick it, err, I mean eat it, umm, no I mean, nevermind.....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Always late for the party...

1/ I have had an operation on my penis to repair a torn frenulum damaged through over-enthusiastic shagging.

2/ Before we were actually going out, whilst living with her ex, my girlfriend gave her cat one of my middle names.

3/ I have a criminal record, for fraud, dating from my mad period after leaving the Dubs. I gave myself up and did Community Service.

4/ I love music, mostly contemporary, although my girlfriend being at Conservatory studying classical vocal music has exposed me to that as well. I have a large CD collection, most of which I got free when I was reviewing CD’s for the University Newspaper I edited. I sing, write, and do not practise the guitar enough. I won’t give a list of my favourite music, as others peoples’ music lists can be rather like other peoples’ laundry lists.

5/ I have two daughters and a stepson from my marriage, who I see regularly. They’re great, and although my ex is a Dub, I have high hopes. A couple of years ago my youngest (then six) answered a question my older daughter had asked me, namely, why I didn’t believe any longer. She said “Daddy doesn’t believe any more because he thinks it’s silly”. I should learn from her conciseness.

6/ I believe in humans and redemption.

7/ I not only used to dream about winning the Tour de France, I still do.

8/ Almost anything old or fantastic is cool. Swords, bows, armour, old clothes, castles, dragons, Tolkien, Star Wars, all of it. Modern men’s clothing is dull dull dull. Bring back velvet, ripped satin linings, leather jerkins and swords worn by every gentleman.

9/ I have a big problem. I am intolerant of intolerance, which is this awful kind of never-ending circle.

10/ I am finishing off my University degree in Science (cut short by the court case above and paying off the fine) through distance learning, having transferred my credits. I finish in October. I’m now doing Shakespeare, having done Modern Literature last year. Language and Literature are far more interesting than Science, as Science is lots of shiny little theories and facts, where as Literature, Literature is texture and opinion, which is something you may have noticed I have a lot of.

• gumby
    gumby

1.Was raised a witness from birth (am now 47) been out 6 years.
    2.Was elder many years...,had all positions except P.O.
    3.My wife,married daughter with two children, two sisters,and all of my aunts/uncles still dubs.
    4.I am a christian,love to study,research,and talk the bible.
    5.Like to golf,looking for some other line of work besides laying carpet/vinyl.
    6.I can sing and sound like other artists.
    7.Cant wait for W.T. to get the shit kicked out of them by exposure..(nice christian attitude but I can't help it!)
    8. Spend most of time when not working my job or at home on this db
    9. Wonder how different I would be if family exited the org.
    10.Last....am very dissappointed at how many leave the org.
    and turn atheistic,agnostic,spirituallist,etc. I wonder how and why they can lose faith in what they so strongly believed in before....and I mean the bible and it's teaching's...not the org's teachings.Why do so many leave God because of being lied to by a bunch of LOSER old bastards!

• tattoogrl333
    tattoogrl333

1. I'm 22
    2. I have 6 tattoos and pink hair
    3. I like to drink
    4. I don't use an umbrella ever
    5. I have an extreme fear of birds and water where their is fish
    6. I'm a slut
    7. I'm a bitch
    8. I still color and play with play doh
    9. I teach tennis
    10.I have a BA in english and communication

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Gumby, seriously, if you have been on these boards for any length of time, if you have been out and therefore free to actually study the Bible with an open mind- then you KNOW the problems with the bible. My question is why anyone clings to such a nutty book as being from God? Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Why do so many leave God because of being lied to by a bunch of LOSER old bastards!

While you and I are in agreement on the nature of the men running the borg, I don't think anyone leaves God for that reason. It wouldn't make any sense. Some of us realize that, nasty as the leadership of the org is, WE were sincere seekers of truth. So, when we allowed ourselves to examine things critically, ie: a real honest search for truth, we did the same thing with all the other "God stories".

From my perspective, they don't hold up to an adults intellect. Emotions yes, intellect, no.

Having said all the above, I do think the jury is still out on whether or not God exist. Perhaps it's just my emotions, but I lean toward thinking there is a God.

• gumby
    gumby

SixOf Nine:
    I have felt as you do many times before as to the bibles legitimacy.I got so upset with it I decided to buy a book called
    "NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMEANDS A VERDICT", by Josh Mcdowell that backs up the bible as God's word and Quotes from many learned men
    that agree, that did not agree before, truely examining the evidence, that the bible is from God.
    Perhaps you could enlighten me on how God communicates with us
    and if he exists...why he would leave us in the dark as to why he put us here,where we are going,and what to think of him. To me it would be cruel to just make us and leave us to wonder the rest.
    Perhaps you could read the book I mentioned and see if you do not see things differently. I do appreciate the time you took to read my post and respond. Drop me an e-mail if you wish.

• JennyNuk
    JennyNuk

1 41, single white female, 4 children 25 - 11, 2 grandchildren, I see god in all their faces
    2 Been married 3 times: 2 JW assholes, 1 lovely man who died a year after we were married
    3 American, living in England, I have been to 13 countries in the last 3 years.
    4 I love sex, but never get it : (
    5 Just read The Fourth Hand by John Irving, wonderful (fav writer)
    6 Enrolled in the Open University and will soon start on BA in Humanities.
    7 I have 2 tatoos
    8 I don't look or act my age and I am too much of a loner
    9 I work at a University
    10 Monkeys fly out of my ass on regular occasions,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit