get a life -- 10 facts

by joelbear 174 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy
    There are several here with sick children, once in a while they speak about the medical problems. I think the speak only when necessary about it, but I'm guessing at that.

I think I speak about it when I need to. Of course sometimes I need to, and don't bring it here. I also don't want anyone's image of me tainted, and I hate when people feel sorry for me. I went through too many years as a JW kid who couldn't do this and couldn't do that, and many classmates who felt sorry for me because I was different.

Our family is different, any family that has a sick child is different. But to be reminded of it is not always nice. I have to see the evidence almost daily. Sometimes, I like to get away from it, and so I come here, and let my hair down and have fun for awhile. Sixof nine and seven006, you guys really make it worth my while to sign in and read a post! You crack me up, and every bit you share with us, you get closer to my heart.

Welcome all of you newbies, and thanks for sharing a part of yourself. Not always easy, but great way to get to know each other.

Andee,
    Email me if you want. Perhaps we can get a support system going, I know I value the friends I have when I need to talk about what is going on in my house. Or perhaps we can escape together, and go to Yahoo and play a game
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• waiting1
    waiting1

Hello Wendy,

You make good points - and it was not my intention to intrude on private matters. Andee was speaking out, and I responded.

But if people with unique situations don't know about other people with the same unique situations - how can they reach out, if they would like to?

The same with incest survivors and their families. Sometimes we want to talk, other times, we just want to appear *average.*

Over the years, I've found that there are really a relatively small amount of *average* people.

I hope you're adjusting to the baking sweetpie and NY? Hope so.

waiting

• seven006
    seven006

Prisca,

Are you saying you really aren't a lesbian? Cowboy told me you were. He is also the one who told me you hate Americans. Did you know that Cowboy is a drug dealer? Slayer told me he buys all his drugs from Cowboy. Did you know that Cowboy is a pervert and has a blow up sheep sex doll? He told me when he sent me this picture that she is a bit of an air head but he likes his females stupid, I think it's a cowboy thing.

Here is a picture of him and his blow up seep sex doll named Barbie:

Prisca, have you ever been to Oregon? We have lots and lots of maps here. Did you know that guys can still make babies well into their late 70's? That is most men, guys who ride horses usually peter out when they are around 30. Pretty much after that they can only play with their ropes but not really catch anything with them. Did I tell you I have brown eyes?

Well, gotta go, take care Prisca.

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Mommy,

I'm glad I can make you laugh. I like to make people laugh because I have a warm heart and I'm a nice guy. I have recently found an article about guys that make people laugh. It came from Absolute Science Facts Magazine.

Here is the article that I cut and pasted from the magazine:

Take care

Dave

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Dave, I'm new here but I have figured out that you are totally insane!!!! I am laughing so hard I can't see the keys!!!!!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

April

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey Dave,

Are you still having those dreams about jon and the lime jell-o? I heard Jon really would like to make your dreams come true.

BTW, I'd heard the same things about Cowboy that you said. Seems he's been around cattle so long, he's now turned to sheep. Funny guys these cowboys. Do you like sheep too, Dave?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Re: Dave's post. It's the Gods honest truth. At least the part about men who work hard to make you laugh. I'm not to sure about the Cowboy stuff. Even though I am from Texas, I always stayed away from the cowboys. Ever go in a Western Wear store? Yikes, talk about feeling like you are in a gay bar. When did men get so concerned with playing dress up?

• Andee
    Andee

Hi Amazing,

I chuckled when you mentioned not being a "happy camper" when you added the third child. I too wanted three children, but unfortunately, I just don't do the pregnancy thing very well. With the challenges I have with the two I have, maybe that is not such a bad thing.

My daughter, who is 10, was just out of infancy when she was diagnosed. She has been cancer free for almost 9 years. I hope I didn't give the impression her illness was recent. Treatment was a long, bumpy road. The strain on my family was tremendous. There are no words to describe how grateful I am to be able to watch her grow up. However! The curse my mother put on me when I was a kid worked! I have a daughter that acts the same way I did when I was a kid![D]

I have shared about my daughters illness before. She had leukemia, and of course, that brings up the whole blood issue. I was not a JW as an adult so there was no question that she was going to get a transfusion. She certainly would have died without it. I was (can't now because of meds I take) a blood donor for years before she was even born and thought it was important then. I had no idea that one day my childs life would depend other blood donors. So, I share about my experience here because of the JW stand on human blood.

I have also read many of your posts. The one that comes to mind was your post about your nephew coming to visit and all the driving he and his wife had to do to visit his JW parents.

Thanks so much for your well wishes for me and my family.

Andee

"head in the clouds with feet firmly planted on the ground"

• Andee
    Andee

Hi Mommy

You really touched a cord in me when you wrote of being different and not wanting anyone to feel sorry for you. I bristle at the thought of anyone feeling pity for me.

You know, this life has handed me a lot of lemons. However, I like to think I make pretty damn good lemonaide!

Going to email you ASAP with more details regarding your post

Andee

"head in the clouds with feet firmly planted on the ground"

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

ive enjoyed reading this thread--ive gotten to know people here better. thank you joelbear! you are indeed a good person n very smart! ok hold onto your hats people....here it is:

1. 34, female, 1 younger brother (never baptised), 1 father (inactive jw who still goes on sundays), lost mom to cancer (jw). my biggest disappointment in my life: i cannot bare children. ive always wanted to go thru being pregnant and feel how it is to have life growing inside you. but i cannot. this hurts deeply. i still would like to be a mom tho.

2. raised in jwdom since age 4. baptised at 19. stopped going to meetings 3/4yrs ago. just in past 4-6mos am i now realizing how jwdom is a cult. because of this board and a recent post on "rebaptism" i have gained a new freedom: the realization that my baptism was/is invalid! what a free feeling!!!!! thank you!!! now if i could just give up the fear i live with regarding jws. also: i feel like im just now waking up and seeing myself for the 1st time in all these years. i find it hard to define who i am without the jwdom connection. but i am learning.

3. just this past week i told my brother that if it were to come to it then they should give me blood. this is a BIGGIE. i dont know what there is in store for people/civilization. like someone else said...if God choses me fine. if not, then he isnt someone i wish to serve anyway. course im also pissed that hes let things get this bad with wts molesters n all.

4. im a survivor (sexual, emotional, mental, physical abuse). as a result of abuse i am also DID/MPD. im PROUD to be DID/MPD! i am creative and smart--these traits helped me create the DID alters for survival. it was the only way to survive. and survive i did. my abuse is family/friends of family oriented.

5. im single, searching for my soulmate. but just now starting the search. because of jw upbringing i never dated. ive NEVER been on a date. ive NEVER kissed anyone. this bothers me alot. i just recently answered a personal ad...do you know how WEIRD it sounds to tell someone you are a 34, never dated or kissed virgin? it makes for funny looks. one thing tho: i am soooo grateful that i never married a jw!!! SOOO GRATEFUL!!!! i would be very unhappy and prob still a jw.

6. i love to be naked. it is my preferred state when alone in the house. it is such a free feeling. :o) ive slept naked since seeing the episode of "Eight is Enough" when Nicholas burns down the house (by accident) and it took Nancy a longer time to get out of the house. her reason: she had to stop to put clothes on. ever since then (i was about 16) i have slept naked.

7. i brush my teeth in the shower....much more fun.

8. things gained thru my new freedom:
    A. my brother-i am no longer the "judging jw" that put a strain on our friendship. we are now best friends.
    B. a different best friend of mine is a lesbian. that would never have happend if i was still a "judging jw".
    C. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! (this will be my 3rd). I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!!!!! im finally enjoying life!
    D. i enjoy cussing (this brings delight to my inside kids--they love it).
    E. i can finally enjoy a dirty joke with out feeling guilty. LOL

9. i have a great, albeit strange, sense of humor. i love card and board games; i kick ass at scrabble!; puzzles; word puzzles; country music; all kinds of music cept rap, heavy metal and opera; i love the theater; reading (HARRY POTTER RULES!!!! and all sorts of books); i love my computer; watching tv (favs are ER, CSI, Judging Amy, Dateline, 20/20, among others); i love romantic, scary, comedy, drama movies; i love cats; want a golden retreiver someday; i LOVE THE OCEAN!!!!; i love my family and friends; the color purple; i collect keychains (almost 300 now).

10. i still have nightmares in which im surrounded by jws. normally in a convention setting. i feel very unsafe except for the fact that i am always with a "worldly" friend from high school. this worldly friend is what saves me from all those jws cutting me down n "eating" me alive--they wont come near me because of the worldly friend im with. this is a regular nightmare--as many as 3/4 times a week. very involved. the worse jw is sister elders wife who (in real life) always wants to know if im healed yet and when is she going to see me at meetings again.

11. A. i try my darndest to be a good person. im caring, kind, funny, loving, huggy, creative, loyal, smart, (not in any particular order) person who wishes she could save her others from pain.
    11. B. all interested men can email me at email above......;o) you must have the 3 H's: Humor, Humility, and HUGABILITY!

thanks for the oppotunity to share with you all. you can all wake up now. LOL. thanks for sharing of yourselves!

Kat

Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit