get a life -- 10 facts

by joelbear 174 Replies latest jw friends

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Bringin' it to the top!! I love this thread. Common' people. Keep on showin' us who you are!!
    TW

• logical
    logical

I didnt notice this thread before

10 things about me

1. I was born
    2. I am a freak
    3. People always hated me and picked on me
    4. I am always alone
    5. I have hope
    6. I like Star Wars
    7. I love Jah although it doesnt show
    8. I have a closet full of skeletons
    9. Oneday I will not be alone
    10. I feel like crap

• Prisca
    Prisca

Logical!

I thought I had misplaced one of my skeletons!

Give it back at once!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    6. i love to be naked. it is my preferred state when alone in the house. it is such a free feeling. :o) ive slept naked since seeing the episode of "Eight is Enough" when Nicholas burns down the house (by accident) and it took Nancy a longer time to get out of the house. her reason: she had to stop to put clothes on. ever since then (i was about 16) i have slept naked.

This is amazingly logical, i never thought being naked would save my life one day!

I am looking forward to the harry potter movie, although it is a rip-off of a much earlier concept, THE WORST WITCH. Harry potter is written by an english author, and WORST WITCH is english also. In worst withc, it is about a witch school and the worst witch. She alwaysd cant fly her broom right, gets the wrong color cat, messes up potions, etc. Harry potter shamelessly steals this concept. Oh well, Microsoft shamelessly stole macintoshes OS look and navigation.

-Dan

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Logical:

8. I have a closet full of skeletons

That is SO cool!!

Expatbrit

• seven006
    seven006

Hey Prisca,

What's with you and the lime Jell-O dream? Are you trying to tell us something about yourself? Everyone knows I'm not gay and that Jon is just a friend. But you keep popping up with this lime Jell-O dream. Do you wake up stuck to your sheets in the morning? Are you secretly some kind of crazed sex monster with a fruit fetish? Are you feeling sexually frustrated and need a older, caring, gentle, big brother type to give you the preverbal back rub?

I'm here for you Prisca and I have a nice fruit salad I would like to introduce you to. Do you like whipped cream?

Big hug crazy lady.

Dave

• Andee
    Andee

Oh dear did I ever goof!

My post was addressed to WAITING, not Amazing.

Sorry about that! Waiting. I must have just read somthing Amazing posted.

Those "INGS" get me everytime!

Andee

head in the clouds with feet firmly planted on the ground

• LDH
    LDH

Wounded:

i cannot bear children

ha ha, I can't bear them either, but I have no choice.

I loved your profile, I can def. relate to my preferential state of dress being NAKED. This drives my husband crazy as I will walk out in the back yard (fenced) and skinny dip whenever I want to. He always runs out with a towel and a t-shirt.

Lisa

• Andee
    Andee

Hi Wounded Heart,

Nice to meet you

I am touched by the your honesty and enthusiastic embrace of life. Especially, when it comes to birthdays and holidays.

I have been celebrating those for years. However, because of being denied enjoying them as a kid, since my own children were born I really go into high gear during the holidays. A huge tree, festive decorations inside my house, and my yard lit up like the Las Vegas strip!

To experience the happiness these times bring my kids is very healing to me.

Andee

"head up in the clouds with feet firmly planted on the ground"

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Somehow, I managed to miss this thread for all this time. Probably because I'm supposed to document, code, and test 17 new programs before the end of October....so work is, to say the least, hectic. And, when I get online at home, I just haven't had time to read much of anything.

Okay, here goes:

1. I grew up in Massachusetts, and now live in rural Rhode Island, with 3 horses (one is the only Peruvian in the state of RI), 2 dogs, 7 cats, 2 chinchillas, 6 finches, and some fish.

2. I'm married (sometimes wonder about the wisdom of this), with a 23-year-old daughter who has become my best friend.

3. I enjoy reading, although I don't have an awful lot of time to do so, and I have more bookcases in my home than anything else. Favorite authors are Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Peter Straub, and Anne Rice.

4. I dabble around in a lot of things, including playing the flute and guitar (very badly, but I have fun); writing children's stories; all kinds of needlework (knitting, sewing, needlepoint, etc.); photography (used to do a lot with this...not so much lately); and I've gotten all the supplies I need to start sculpting (badly, of course).

5. I work as a computer programmer for a large stock transfer company near Boston. I used to love messing around with my PC at home, but lately the thought of crawling around with a screwdriver in one hand and a flashlight held between my teeth just isn't as appealing as it once was.

6. My favorite color is generally green, but I occasionally go through yellow, red, or blue periods.

7. I love Wysocki cat lithographs, and was able to pick up "Frederick the Literate", my alltime favorite, on eBay last year.

8. Right now, I would have to say I'm nominally Christian, but I'm enjoying the freedom to explore other avenues. I find Shamanism and paganism quite fascinating and am trying to learn more.

9. My "drug of choice" is learning and exploring all of the things that were forbidden to me as a JW (I was so damn good it was pathetic.....I'm working on correcting that situation).

10. I have decided that living forever is my only option, since I will need that amount of time to try all the things I want to try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit