Disposable People

by MerryMagdalene 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Think
    Think

Merry,

I will love you IF you peddle magazines everyday for 17 hours.

If you stop, or slow down, I will hate you and treat you like cow manure on the farmer field.

So, get your lazy a*** and go in field service, if you like to feel usefull.

OK ! OK ! Just kidding !

I LOVE you too, just for being alive and on the board.

And besides,, I like your posts.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( Merry))) Your beauty shines through on every post.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    and I know I belong, just the way I am, and I accept things just the way they are...and I hope that by doing so I will find ways to help others discover that they are not disposable either, that there is something special in each of us to be encouraged and shared, even if it doesn't measure up to the standards we might think it should. And together we can help relieve each other's pain and make things a little bit better.

These are lovely words and profound and most of all true. It's easy to lose sight of that when surrounded by toxic people who seek to poison you, consciously or not.

We have found that in leaving "the truth" we have escaped judgmentalism and learned to appreciate diversity and embrace tolerance. It's not quite as easy as the pigeon-holing we did when we were dubs. Freedom's a messy thing, but look how many people have fought and died for it! Keep up the good fight.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

..ok...massive sugar rush...totally overcome by all this good lovin'...I think I need to go take a brisk walk...

I have never, in all my born days, met (or hoped to meet) a finer group of people of such infinite and delightful variety and genuine caring. Just promise me, when we do meet, you won't remember any of this or I'll be totally embarassed

~Merry

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Just promise me, when we do meet, you won't remember any of this or I'll be totally embarassed

What was that you said, the Crown Royal is getting to me.

Have a good night Merry.

• LDH
    LDH
    The sense of being completely disposable, expendable, replaceable. I've never exactly felt like I was worth much anyway. Don't have a well-honed skill to contribute to any particular community, am not much of a sociable people-person, I've made a lot of dumb-ass mistakes and done regrettably selfish things, and I'm not terribly witty or humorous or beautiful...

Merry,

I too belong to the "every once in a while my JW family feels guilty and cuts me off" Club. I can't spend any more of my life worrying whether they approve of me because their value system is flawed. In effect, *they* have become the disposable people.

I echo Joel's thoughts. Reach out to people who support you and encourage you to be and do your best.

I was listening to Radio Delilah tonight and she said something like, your job while here on earth is to figure out your special gift and then share it in love. I liked that.

Lisa

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Passionate post MM.

All high control destructive cults have some form of shame device shunning dogma

Danny's blog entry on the 'control freaks with a mean streak' http://www.xanga.com/item.aspx?user=DannyHaszard&uid=129467883&tab=weblogs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    All high control destructive cults have some form of shame device shunning dogma

[Quote] If I have any contact with xxxx xxxxx i will then be justifing his ungodly lifestyle,i cannot allow his behavior to endanger my spirituality .[unquote]

Quote from the Watchtower? SURPRISE It's from a member of the "Roberts group" another cult that practices shunning

So,see what i mean?

• deeskis
    deeskis

Merry

you were someone who took time to welcome me when I first posted. Thank you......... : :( Sorry you're down just now. People here love and care for you.

Sheesh, I love this site,

D

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Merry, Thanks for this post. I was thinking, not too long ago, about why I've had such a struggle all my life with terrible insecurity and low self esteem. My best friend of almost 40 years is the most incredibly beautiful woman, the type everyone still turns to look at when we go somewhere, and yet she has the worst self-esteem of anyone I have ever met. Both of us born into JW families of several generations. I had never really thought about it from that aspect until right now, when I finally read your post that began this thread.

Recently I too have been struggling with this again, very depressing, sometimes you do think you have nothing worthwhile to say or offer and why bother? But we just have to take it day by day and it gets better.

As others before me have already stated, I too have enjoyed your contributions to this forum, I do think you are witty and wise.

Blessings,

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit