Disposable People

by MerryMagdalene 57 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A little known fact is that most people suffer insecurity and low self-esteem, from time to time. Remembering that fact can really help, when faced with new situations and people. How did ya think I get on so well at Fests? The first time I went to Englishman's BBQ I was a little nervous, not really knowing anyone, but just threw myself into it in Toe-style. Before I knew it I was having a whale of a time!

I guess the difference in the JWs is that it's institutionalised "disposability".

The nice thing here is that there is so much acknowledgement of where we have all come from, and the commonality of experience. We can all relate to a thread like this, at some level or another. It has that ring of an experience shared! We can even relate to some of the cognative dissonance experienced by the JW-apologists and trolls that arrive here.

It's a wonder that most of us remained sane

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    most of us remained sane

Define "sane"...no, on second thought, don't

A little known fact is that most people suffer insecurity and low self-esteem

Interesting...I'll try to remember that...or, alternately, just mentally picture everyone around me in clown suits

My heartfelt thanks again to all who posted and pm'ed, andto everyone else tooBeautiful people!

~Merry

• starstuff
    starstuff

{{{Merry}}}

I can't really add much more to what the others have said.

I can tell by reading your post that you're a very warm, loving person....take care....

starstuff

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Merry - I've been away and just saw this thread and enjoyed reading every post. My oldest and "dearest" "friends" have turned on me finally. (my fading is out in the open now.) I can totally understand the dispensable feeling right now. It pains me so much, however as someone else said "they will cry more for me, than I will for them." That is so true.

I hope you understand how wonderful and beautiful you are. I have wanted to meet you in person since day one.......ask ITIS! I actually told him you were one of the first posters whose comments struck me strong. I wished you didn't live so far!!

Just a thought for you to consider.........I know for myself I didn't start truly healing from my damaging mother relationship until I cut her out of my life totally. She is a very toxic person and totally unreasonable. You may want to think about taking a mother break, at least for awhile. It may help, or it may be totally off base. Just a thought....

Much love and joy to you today Merry! love - freedomlover

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks again everybody, especially those I didn't address personally due to a perpetual state of memory-impaired bewilderment, and a lack of paper to write everything down so as to better respond to it...You're words mean a lot to me, and to many others I dare say!

I didn't see your response until just tonight Freedom Lover. I have long admired you and ITIS, mostly from afar, and tend to hang on your every word(s). Now we'll have to make it a point to meet! Someday, somewhere...maybe at the hugest apostaparty ever...with EVERYONE there!!!

Tonight I'm thinking of all the people who are right now feeling disposable, and I am sending them my love. As anonymous as that is, I hope (and even believe) that they will feel it, however slightly, and that it will help to kindle a spark of renewal in their souls...Join me in sending good wishes? The more the merrier(or so I've heard).

~Merry

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Hey merry -

okay....it's a date! we definitely have to meet one day. I would love that!

you're a wonderful soul Merry, glad to know you.

love - freedomlover

• MerryMagdalene
  • IronClaw
    IronClaw
    I didn't see your response until just tonight Freedom Lover. I have long admired you and ITIS, mostly from afar, and tend to hang on your every word(s). Now we'll have to make it a point to meet! Someday, somewhere...maybe at the hugest apostaparty ever...with EVERYONE there!!!

Hugest Apostaparty ever....... Count me in.

The Claw

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

If any ever think you aren't worthy..look at my bio under... Golden Girl.

Although I don't post here anymore as Golden Girl....You will all always have a special place in my heart!..

You were there when I needed you. I wish more people on here would reach out for help when they need it.

Snoozy Q...aka..Golden girl..(When I started reading the posts again..I couldn't sign on as Golden Girl for some reason..so I picked up as Snoozy..

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

(((((Snoozy Q/Golden Girl))))) Nice to meet you

You're definitely counted IN, the ClawNow let's talk about places that are big enough to hold this party...I'm thinking really big beach with really big campground nearby, not too far from an international airport...*drifts away into a lovely dream...*

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit