In a few sentances, why did you leave the truth?........

by jambon1 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

EXTREME LACK OF LOVE did it for me. Then I wrote the Governing Haughty a letter rebuking them as the "hypocrites and white-washed graves" they are. It took 'em 6 weeks from the time I sent the letter to have the local BOE dF me. ......which was what I wanted them to do.

Frannie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I left the WTS because I was tired of all the abuse from my then elder/husband and I was tired of feeling like I wanted to die.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I left them because I became entirely certain that there is no Christian god, I DA'ed because of the blood and shunning policies.

GBL

• flag
    flag

1914 generation change

ONU membership

Blood policy

Change on the North & south kings from Daniel's book

Everybody is living a double life at the KH

and many others

But main reason is:

I CAN NOT STAND LIERS!!!!!!!

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

Three words: history and science.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I didn't leave the truth. I've never found it to begin with. JWs definitely do not have the truth. Since they don't, when I left the org, I didn't leave the truth.

• Mum
    Mum

It was 1979, about 4 years after the "end." I was going through what was quite normal for a person my age - questioning the choices I had made in life - not being a JW, of course, but why I married the person I did, why I still had not done the things I wanted to do in life (I had a pre-JW life with hopes and dreams I could not let go entirely).

In short, I was having an emotional crisis, knew I was not happy (for want of a better term) in my life situation. I also realized that I had been running from things in life (parental abuse, job I didn't like, etc.) rather than to better situations in my youth. In a moment of brutal honesty, I admitted to myself that I had been a better person, a kinder person, before becoming a JW. I did not like the carping, judgmental person I had become to fit in with the WT/KH crowd.

I left for mental health reasons. I have obtained a college degree, a home of my own, and a decent retirement plan. Freedom is the best cure for emotional and mental health issues. I'm living proof.

Having lived 25 years in freedom and enjoying life more every day, I remain,

SandraC

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

For me it started with the Child Abuse up until then I had BLINDLY followed everything the WT said without really reading the bible (mind you as an ex bethelite I read the bible many times) but I could not accept how the victims were treated by most of the elders and then to find out this was a directive from Brooklyn was to much.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Because I was honest and...demanded proof,

but ultimately cuz me and my family were treated like SHIT!

nuff said

u/d

• Chimene
    Chimene

Fake, Liars, etc. Love you into the so called "truth", then sink their claws into you, while you run kicking and screaming.

One sticks in the mind, riding my back about not letting my kids play with any other kids except JW kids, there were nonearound my house. And secondly, telling my 16 year she cannot attend college. ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit