In a few sentances, why did you leave the truth?........

by jambon1 72 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I left a belief system in search of the truth. Never yet having found "the truth" I couldn't possibly have left it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

secretlove

How do they treat women?

Women must at all times be in subjection to their husbands. Well actually they have to be in subjection to any baptised male even if he is your 10 yr old son.

That means you cannot say a prayer in front of him unless you put something over your head to sybolize your subjection even if that something is a kleenex or dishtowel (I kid you not - I've seen it done)

Women are never allowed to "teach" at any meeting even if that meeting is the study with your 10 yr old son.

Husbands get the last say in any argument, discussion or plans.

In the cong that I was in I was teaching sign language to some JWs who were interested to learn. I was not allowed to teach any man sign language.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Was at the Blockbuster renting some videos for the four kids in the congregation (rare treat for them to get together and play) and a Super Dubette put back a movie as being "inappropriate".

The movie was "PG" but she "didn't like the looks of the character" (Napoleon Dynamite). Thought he might be a homo.

They are all bitter, judgemental freaks.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The realization that we could never do enough.

Their continued insistence that we aren't like other religions that want your money, then publish x number of ways to donate money to the society.

The definite lack of love engendered by the elder bodies.

the ole boy network

The unless you were a pioneer or an elder or $$$ moneyed, you didn't count, unless of course they needed you to help with something then you would come up on their radar screen.

the 607 bce thing, no evidence for their part

the we are gods chosen with no evidence

we were picked by god no evidence

we were different from other religions in 1918, thats whay we were chosen, no evidence

the constant harping on your need to be part of their non paid sales force, just to name a few.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are so many answers and not one is about leaving because of being spiritually weak as the dubs claim, to the contrary there are very valid and solid rational reasons as to why members leave.

Had the FDS had any sense they would have taken heed of such feedback and reacted accordingly to correct their mistakes but it is obvious that they were never interested in doing this, out of arrogance and indifference. Eventually they will be left with a few hard core members.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Who said I left? Just got tired of the hypocrisy and half-truths and human dogma of the "old boys!"

• Gregor
    Gregor

As has been well put by others, it wasn't "The Truth" that I left. But I understand what you're asking.

Here's my 'few sentences'. I hope I can explain it clearly.

1. 3rd generation JW, high school drop out, married in late teens, elder with four kids at 30, 5 yrs on judicial committees with a 'heavy caseload'! *

2. Due to *circumstances, over a span of about 2 or 3 years in the late 70's, early 80's, "I SAW BEHIND THE CURTAIN" and once I had done this, I could no longer set out front with the audience and enjoy the show.

3. The last stage was a building anger and contempt for an organization I no longer could respect, culminating in my giving them the bird and getting disfellowshiped.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I left because I realized that a multimillion dollar publishing corporation based in New York city is claiming to be the only "true" channel of communication with almeighty God. Not only is this unscriptural but it is an outright lie. Suddenly the fear that the cult headquarters teaches to maintain control of the rank & file dissapeared and I became a free man.

• justice for all
    justice for all

I saw an exit and I took it!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It was a long, long journey down a twisted and bumpy road that no human should ever have to traverse to arrive at Nowhere Land where I discovered it never was the Truth.

In short, I exited through the Jesus gate. Narkissos

Spot On, Nark.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit