OK, SO I WAS SNOOPING IN SERCUIT OVERSEER'S FILES...

by stillAwitness 84 Replies latest members private

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is it just me or is there anyone else here who thinks a real troll who had been plotting for months to trick us would have come up with a more sensational story? Is the info in the chart shocking really? I for one am nonplussed. It is interesting, but not surprising in the least.

If stilla is really a troll (and I suspect she's not), then she's a particularly bad one, and harmless at that. It is kinda like someone saying they play practical jokes by releasing odorless silent farts (from a different thread)...or that commercial where the guy says he's sticking it to the man, but he is "the man".....yeah, that'll get 'em.

• wombat
    wombat

I wish to apologize to stillAwitness.

I guess that I am too much paranoid.

Again, I apologize to a sweet young lady..Please forgive me.........Wombat

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    StillA was referring to the notes of the SERVICE OVERSEER not the Circuit Overseer but either out of not knowing (maybe from just hearing it spoken but not readng it) or just by mistake entitled this thread re "Sercuit Overseer".
    From stillAwitness' first post in this thread: "My folks apparently have high approval ratings when it comes to housing circuit overseers but this time around they have a new one."

(1) I wasn't aware that anyone would ever develop a reputation for housing Service Overseers and (2) while she mispelled it in the thread title, she spelled it correctly in her first post to the thread, even though she spelled it phonetically (albeit incorrectly) in the thread subject.

I think it is safe to say she knows what a CO is and also has seen a document that EVERY CO would have (especially if every S.O. has it).

Seems pretty likely that she isn't confusing Circuit Overseers with Service Overseers, especially since she refers to "this time around." She also mentioned later that she found it while ostensibly bringing in fresh towels.

I also agree with the posters who pointed out that as a made up sensational story goes, one that is patently true and easily confirmed (call the service desk and ask) would not be the sort a troll would use.

AuldSoul (of the "Bridges Wide Gaps of Information In a Single Round" class)

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Auld Soul I wasn't aware that anyone would ever develop a reputation for housing Service Overseers

I simply said this because this is the second time my parents have housed the circuit overseer and his wife during their visit...but I am sure this is just a conincidence. Their congregation is not that large anyway.

No...I meant Circuit not Service. I been spelling circuit as sercuit for as long as I can remember and apparently it has caused much confusion in this thread which I apoligize for.

It seemed like such a simple document so I had no idea it would cause such a ruckus.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

stillAwitness,

My parents had the same reputation for housing Circuit Overseers as your folks. Every Pioneer School in the area or CO visit was a signal we were going to have a CO and wife at our home.

With the exception of J.F. AleƩ, who was a graduate of MTS and was single. (psst! He's quite a catch, ladies. He irons his underwear.) He and I got pretty close during the several times he stayed with my family, he was a fairly young CO. The J.F. stands for John Francis. I wonder if he is still in Circuit work?

The spelling looked like a phonetic spelling and it looked like a habit, something so familiar to you that you forgot other people won't know your reason for spelling it that way. Especially when you spelled it correctly in your post. I bet your notes from Assemblies and Conventions and twice yearly visits are filled with notes on the Sercuit Overseer's talks.

I also didn't understand the hubbub over it. But I am glad wombat made nice.

Wombat,

LOL, goodonya mate! Anyone sleep deprived starts seeing things that aren't there and getting spooked by phantoms. You weren't in any condition to be investigating, in my opinion. That was a right nice apology...unless it was more dry Aussie wit...(thinking of other ways to read it...) LOL! Your paranoia is probably as hard earned as any of our paranoia.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit