OK, SO I WAS SNOOPING IN SERCUIT OVERSEER'S FILES...

by stillAwitness 84 Replies latest members private

• minimus
    minimus

Ezra, it just goes to show you how gullible exjws can be. You and wombat are correct. I re-read most of her? posts and I'm convinced she's? a troll.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The Society's position is that you can't simply resign-------without their approval. If they don't accept the resignation you are removed (deleted).

If that's the case it's probably best if an elder who wants to resign makes his own simple statement to that effect from the platform when he has a meeting part and follow up by sending a letter to the WTS. That way the congregation knows it was his decision rather than thinking he was deleted for wrongdoing™.

W

• minimus
    minimus

Nooooooooo. They'd delete you for that. It would show an independent spirit. It is a process if you want to exit for good and not be df'd.

• Scully
    Scully
    When I resigned as an elder, the CO was involved and pretty much begged me not to do it. My mind was very made up. (BTW, he even had me conclude with prayer after his Sunday talk). The Society's position is that you can't simply resign-------without their approval. If they don't accept the resignation you are removed (deleted).

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!"

What minimus says just confirms all the more that the WTS only wants to control people. They can't just let elders resign from a voluntary position. They have to stick their noses in it first and make it sound as if you've done something horrible. The word "deleted" is so harsh. What is wrong with the word "resigned"?? What's wrong with it, from the WTS point of view, is that it gives the appearance that the individual exercised their free will and made a choice of their own volition. "Deleted" is an action that is taken against someone by an external decision and is presumed to be involuntary and further presumed to be due to a personal failing. The external controls [how appearances matter, and the opinions of other people are of great importance] are reinforced, and quite sadly, a person who simply no longer wants the responsibility or cannot, for personal reasons, cope with the responsibility, has to weigh the possibility of making a negative impression with long time friends when they are announced as "deleted".

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I could be wrong, but my guess is that this is not a form from the society but a form that this CO uses to gather info to later be compiled on his report. Questions about removal of servant body is asked during the elders meeting. I've never seen the CO mark those down on the report form during that meeting. He always writes it on a piece of paper or his own form to be transfered to the report later.

All a CO sends to the society is the report form and perhaps a short letter if he doesnt have enough room in the comments section of the report.

This form that stilla found is not the report. I've signed off on enough of those to know that.

Still good detective work stilla

• minimus
    minimus

Truly, being a Witness is like being in the Mafia. There's only 2 ways to get out....... Stilla isn' on the up and up, I believe. Review her posts. Wombat is correct as well as Ezra. She/he needs to be a lot more careful!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Nooooooooo. They'd delete you for that. It would show an independent spirit. It is a process if you want to exit for good and not be df'd.

Yeah, but at least the congregation would hear it from the individual before the society or anyone else got wind of it and had a chance to put their own spin on it. By announcing a deletion after that the Society can only make themselves look bad to the congregation, which in my opinion, is always a good thing. W

• minimus
    minimus

I suppose if you didn't want to drift away, it would be a lot easier! But if you want to take the slower process, your idea would raise eyebrows and get them wondering. All the elders would go after you and the following week the control freaks would be announcing that no one can make announcements that are official without the PO's permission.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

maaaan....now i'm all confused...

so stilla is a troll???

please explain....someone...

luv, jojo

• wombat
    wombat

Kitty.....I really don't know..... I grew to love the girl with her dysfunctional parents, moved-in pioneer sister, sharing beds when the cockroaches were bad etc.

She claims to be hopeless on a computer. Yet she can glance at a paper in a visiting S.O. (or C.O.)'s paper and reproduce it perfectly in a different typestyle and format to her usual style.

I can't do that.

Sorry, but my bull-shit meter just hit the red.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit