OK, SO I WAS SNOOPING IN SERCUIT OVERSEER'S FILES...

by stillAwitness 84 Replies latest members private

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Give it up Wombat! Stop trying to sabotage this thread. You are the one who is acting like a Troll.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Peace, stillawitness. Wombat, I think, is having a Sherlock Holmes moment. Once the missing pieces of the puzzle are worked out, he'll relax.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    in any organization anyone who has responsibility or oversight and who wishes to resign or leave is expected to inform their superiors/associates even out of courtesy but mainly so that a replacement can be found.

This is true in the U.S./U.K. Corporate structure model, however elders are not corporate representatives. In the organization things function much more like a Fascist "corporation" than anything else. Obviously, anyone can leave any position of service they want to, but there will be consequences if not done in a way that pleases the "higher-ups".

I personally know of a situation where a Ministerial Servant just told the elders he didn't want to be a Ministerial Servant anymore. They asked why and when he would not tell them they requested his resignation and put word out to the congregation (through unofficial channels) that the friends should be guarded about their association with him.

I also know, from being the son of a PO for many years, that elders request resignation, they do not resign on their own. Ever. I know of circumstances where the request has been made and rejected. I know of cirumstances where the Circuit Overseer recommended three or six months of a lightened load, to see if that was all that was needed. I know of at least one situation where the load was lightened for a year before the resignation was accepted, in that specific case the brother indicated at the outset that he didn't want the load lightened, he wanted to resign.

I am sure there are others on the forum who have been POs that can verify this.

stillAwitness is not a troll.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

wombat: So did you sit down and type out a copy of this document?

As you can see its just a chart. I quickly copied all the info down on a sheet of paper-

ya know what. I don't need this Sherlock!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

we got your back stilla.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i dont even understand this... the infamous one

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Infamous....let me 'splain it to you.

See Stillawit started this thread with a "supposed" ah ha discovery about a form. One which I know is around in some similar fashion. (For the record I just think that the Society wants to make sure an elder isn't stepping down merely as a ruse to leave, or cover up wrongdoing or similar.)

Wombat being an exJW can't take anything at face value. Maybe Wombat should, who knows, who cares. See in exDubbie d/b, everyone is a troll, or a posing Witness, or a bethelite, or a former poster from H20 or similar. A suspicious bunch. Much to their detriment. They miss the forest thru the trees. Instead concentrating on the message they are sidelined by finding out the "motive" behind the post.

While I have certainly found Stilla's spelling to be suspect myself, I mean when did they ever call them S.O.'s? None the less, in a d/b we all try to edit down our posts to save ourselves some typing. Certainly there are times to debate the "integrity" of the original poster. In this case. Who gives a rip? The document or one very frackin similar to it exists, so can we debate that instead of parsing Still's words, and looking for the Davinci Code to come leaping off the page if we just read Stilla's posts a little closer.

Or, maybe Wombat just got a hold of some bad "ju ju" from Tetrapod, and smokin it has made Wombat a little paranoid. Then again maybe I'm just a bethelite. Oh, wait should I misspelled Bethelite just to be safe?

LOL

• hideme
    hideme

When my husband no longer wanted to serve as a ministerial servant, it took 5 weeks before bethel replied.

It's true...if you are MS, the elders always threaten you like: Be good, do as we say, otherwise you can't be a MS any more...

And if you want to quit... you just can't!!! Really, my husband tried four times to delete himself as a servant, and three times the elders just talked into him and said: oh, that's not necessary, you just can do "nothing" for a while, you don't have to be deleted.

And the last time it lasted weeks before Bethel answered...

Our friend, who also wanted to quit as MS, knew all this, and when he told them he said: I am no longer a MS. And I want you to tell the cong. next sunday.

Which wasn't possible of course.

So he told some brs. and sisters that he resigned, and then the elders were angry. You know what they said??

"You didn't resign, we deleted you."

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

I think that StillA had a bit of a brain fart and then has been so overwhelmed with defending herself that she never corrected it. Here is what I suspect is the real case:

StillA was referring to the notes of the SERVICE OVERSEER not the Circuit Overseer but either out of not knowing (maybe from just hearing it spoken but not readng it) or just by mistake entitled this thread re "Sercuit Overseer".

The Service Overseer, properly (informallly actually) abbreviated "S.O." and so called in many congregations is just a local elder that is in charge of the Service Arrangements. AS such it is quite possible and likely that he would have a record such as the one that StillA has described/copied and it is also likely that he was visitng her folk's house.

I think if this is the case, it should clear up any confusion by Wombat and others regarding her use of the S.O. abbreviation and also explains why it would be unlikely for a C.O. (Circuit Overseer) to leave unattended records behind.

-Eduardo

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Substitute Circuit Overseer has an "S" in it

The difficulties of stepping down are compounded if you're involved at the Circuit and District level.

One of he reasons I DA'ed was because I wasn't interested in round after round of "encouragement". I just wanted them to leave me the heck alone, and so they have

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit