OK, SO I WAS SNOOPING IN SERCUIT OVERSEER'S FILES...

by stillAwitness 84 Replies latest members private

• KW13
    KW13

i trust the guys here myself, the Form speaks for itself.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Weird ...

OK. I Believe Stillawitness is genuine.. I like her posts, I can relate to her circumstances of living at home in a witness family .

Keep posting girl!!

as we say over here, " Nil Illegitimi carborundum " which, as all Latin scholars know,means roughly "Never let the B@******ds get you down"

As for the subject. I think it might have been Scully who said

now that I see how frikkin difficult it is to get out of these VOLUNTARY positions, I'm kind of glad it was never possible for me to be an elder.

That is true and a half. Of course in theory you just resign, step aside , slip out the back Jack, like the "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" song, but the pressure to stay can be enormous. If they are short already they do not want to take on your workload. I had to "confess" to the C/o that I had secret passion for dark Heavy Metal music {sort of true, but not quite what he no doubt imagined} before he would resign himself to reporting my resignation. To this day I do not know if it counted as a step-down or a deletion.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Thanks for the clarification Minimus on the procedure. That makes sense. It doesn't actually prevent an Elder from factually resigning, it is just a matter of how the Society will categorized the situation as a Resignation with Approval or as a Deletion.

But question: is there some further consequence to that? Can an Elder who resigned with approval be appointed again (sooner) than one that was Deleted or are Deleted-ones not eligible to be Elders again?

Regarding StillA - I think you and Wombat probably need better evidence than trying to analyze grammar and style before pulling the Troll alert.

BTW: No one has clarified whether the "Req'd" in the paper means REQUESTED as I think it does or whether it means REQUIRED? Which is it?

I think the apparent contradiction of LINE 3 is resolved if it means that No Approval was Requested by the body (First Column) but that an Approval was Received by the Society. (Second Column)

A little help here?

-Eduardo

• ferret
    ferret

I just resigned as an elder no letter nothing but notify local body. Of course that was 25 years ago may be different now.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

BTW: No one has clarified whether the "Req'd" in the paper means REQUESTED as I think it does or whether it means REQUIRED? Which is it?

If I get a chance I will look at the paper again to see. But I am almost positive it said "Reguired" but I just quickly wrote everything down and used a lot of abbreviations.

Sorry

-stillA

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i stilla

• wombat
    wombat

Hey stillAwitness....

Sorry, but something keeps bugging me. Hopefully you can clear it up for me as you are my favourite persona.

You say

" Wish I could but I aint that computer savvy-plus I don't have a scanner"

But later on (why did my font change???? Sorry) you say that you did scan it.

So tell me how you did it. You were changing the towels and you saw this file and read something interesting. You couldn't scan it at home as you don't have a scanner.

But you later said that you did scan it. Did you take the document down to the local internet cafe and have it scanned? Do you have a photo-copier nearby ? Wasn't it risky to remove the document from the file and take it away ????

Little things bug my very little brain.........Wombat

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

wombat: But you later said that you did scan it. Did you take the document down to the local internet cafe and have it scanned? Do you have a photo-copier nearby ? Wasn't it risky to remove the document from the file and take it away ????

Little things bug my very little brain.........Wombat

Where did I say I scanned it? Never did I say that. You'll have to show me that one.

My font changed because MY response was in Verdana while I left the information I found in Times New Roman to make the distinction between the both. I and a lot of people do that all the time.

Ohh! There goes that font change again. Better call the site adminstrator!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I don't even understand this. What's with the scanning issue?"

If I could of scanned it I would of. Who would of wanted to sit there and type all that crap out anyway?

• wombat
    wombat

stillAwitness...Sorry but I gotta go for a few hours so I can't immediately reply.

So did you sit down and type out a copy of this document?

Wombat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit