by Cordelia 91 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

- Christadelphians. www.christadelphia.org

- Bible Students. www.biblestudents.net

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Cordelia,

What would prove to you it's"the truth"? What would the true religion look like? What was Christianity like in the first century? Do you even need to belong to a religion?

If you still believe in God, pray for guidance. If you still believe the Bible is inspired, read the Greek Scriptures (New Testament) and see what Christ required of his followers. Pay attention to what was happening in the early congregation, especially noticing the problems they had. Do some research on the early days of Christianity.

Draw your own conclusions about what God requires. Then compare to what you see among JWs. This isn't something you can answer in an hour, but will take some time.

• atypical
    atypical

The only time I get those feelings is when I have a triggered subconscious response to something, usually a news item. I get a feeling of dread, then I immediately feel guilty for everything I have not been doing (personal study, turning in hours, meeting attendance, etc.). Then, after a while, it passes. Then, I start thinking reasonably again, and I realize just how freakin' deep all those years of mental conditioning really can go.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    PROB AGREE!!!! BUT WHAT SCARES ME IS APART FROM THE UN THING MY DAD HAS ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIINS INC BIRTHDAYS, TRANSPLANTS ETC AND HE BELIEVES IT SO MUCH

The question is not if you dad believes it. The question is, do YOU believe it?

You know what your Dad believes. Now do some research and then MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND about what YOU believe and why. That is your JOB! Not your Dad's, Yours. It is a difficult job, but well worth it.

Love,

Lisa

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

For years I wondered if may it was maybe it wasn't. Then I started to research the history, then the doctrine, then other religions. I am 100% certain it is false, it is no different than many other high control ego tripping religions.

In fact I would be prepared to take on the GB on doctrine now, as there are key points that are impossible for them to answer in a satisfactory manner. Your father only thinks he knows all the answers because a JW is trained with how to tackle an worldly person at the door. Most JWs have not encountered a person that has been trained with how to tackle a JW. There are many people on this board that could make any JW look a fool when it comes to doctrine.

• lawrence
    lawrence

NFW! These men were wrong from their inception, propogated lies, and don't even know what is true any longer. They love their lies, rather than the truth. These are devils, who will never know Truth. May circumstances destroy their empire - the sooner, the BETTER!

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Since 1879, they have spread misinformation, false dates, empty promises, lethal medical advice, idiotic sets of rules and regulations and completely and utterly distorted the words of the very prophet they claim to represent, Jesus.

Exactly, as one of the newest religions there is in history, who are they to say they are the only ones that have it right, when the bible has been around for thousands of years? There idiodic practices weren't around before the 1800's? Scared? No way!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Not at all, I know it isn't the truth, that's why I left. It's just an at times convincing fairy tale cooked up by the limited imagination of a dozen old men in Brooklyn. I still have more than a few hang ups due to the amount of time I spent as a jw, but I'm not scared any more

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Could anything, that supports such evil, ever bear the title "truth"?

Look at the hurt that those beliefs have caused your family, just because one of their number doesn't think exactly and precisely the very same way as they have been taught to.

For what it's worth, have you been to a church yet? My sister's first visit was eye-opening. She couldn't believe that they used the name Jehovah, spoke about preaching, had wonderful singing, and a great message that she was positively moved by.

She's been to church maybe twice since, so it's not like she's some kind of fundamentalist bible-toting religion freak. Her experience wasn't that unusual, either. Most of the religions of the world are far from how the WTS portrayed them to us.

You have a chance at life, and your mind is just starting to come to terms with the reality of that life. Keep up the good work, and most of all try to enjoy it some

• deeskis
    deeskis

Cordy,

I was born in, my parents were both youngsters when their parents joined. I left when I was 21.

You know for many years in the back of my mind I thought just maybe it is the truth,.............but........I just couldn't do it, and didn't want that crap for my three beautiful kids either.

now after finding out about lies, conspiracy, and cover ups. not to mention the roots of the org being based on untruths, I can say that I KNOW it's not the truth, glad I haven't wasted my life to it like my parents have........and still are.........

it's not easy for you I know that torn up feeling inside......

but do you want that for your little girl too.....?

Best wishes D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit