YOU EVER FEEL SCARED IT IS THE TRUTH?

by Cordelia 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

JUST WONDERED AS IM PROB ABOUT TO GIVE UP SO MUCH, COZ I DONT THINK IT IS THE TRUTH BUT ITS COME AS SUCH A SHOCK!

MY FAMILY BELIEVE IT SO MUCH, MY DAD FEELS HE CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTION I HAVE, AND BEING BROUGHT UP IN IT SOMETIMES IT SCARES ME. COZ MY FAMILY BELIEVE IT SO MUCH,

SO WHAT CONVINCED YOU GUYS IT DEFO WASNT THE 'TRUTH?'

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Not one bit. After realizing it was crazy to think of the bible as inspired, fear evaporated.

Thanks Nark, Leo, Almost a theist, Tetrapoid and others.

oh runngman too, you dun good.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Nah.

It's the safest bet you're ever likely to put money on.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I'll wager the next jw I meet a $100 that armageddon doesn't happen each year from now on!!

Ah, cosy retirement

• Purza
    Purza

Not anymore. I used to get anxiety feelings thinking I was going to die soon because I left. However, coming here and reading what others have to say has taken a lot of my fear away.

Purza

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

God never, ever, ever answered any of my prayers. NONE. NOT ONE. NOT EVER. I tried. I was a good JW for the first 2 or 3 years after being baptised, didn't commit any "big" sins, asked for God's direction, etc. He wasn't home apparently. This cult is a fear based on. The worst kind of control. Why would God need FEAR? I remember the JW's always laughing about how the Catholics teach hellfire and use fear tactics, yet didn't bother to think about their own fear based teachings.

So once I walked away from it, I never once, ever, thought it was the right religion. After finding JWD, and seeing all the lies, I am now convince that not only is it not right for me....but downright dangerous and should be wiped from the face of the Earth. Before I found JWD, I was of the opinion, I know it's not true for me, but maybe for my parent's it meets their spirituality requirement. After seeing the deceitful practices they practice.....I want to get them out!

Make your decsion. Don't look back. It will feel as if a 100 lb. weight has been lifted from your shoulders once you finally make up your mind to leave, and follow thru with it.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Absolutely not scared, I know for a fact it is NOT the truth. I remember when I was inside that one of the things they said about sincerely held beliefs by people of other faiths, they said they were "sincerely wrong." The truth is THEY are sincerely wrong. Your parents no doubt are very sincere. Perhaps you can help them somehow someday to see their way out.

For me it was the lack of love, first, that got me out. It made me angry all the back-biting, back-stabbing, and gossip that was going around, and it extended up to and including the circuit overseer. Don't let anyone tell you gossip is the "sister's" provence. After that I just walked away. It was many years later that I started exploring things that they actually lied about. That brought back a lot of baggage I thought I had purged.

Now I no longer work under the premise that something they say is the truth. I work under the premise that if they say it it must be a lie.

Sherry

• myself
    myself

Brainwashing can tend to cause you to question whether they may be right after all. No matter how much one can be shown how wrong they are, there is that nagging dread. Once I researched cults and mind control, those nagging doubts stopped.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I don't. But that is because I satisfied myself that IF it was the truth then that would mean that bastard organization has God's spirit working on it. If the results of that organizations efforts are the results of God's spirit, I want no parts of either.

Thankfully, I don't believe that organization is directed by God's spirit. I believe it is directed by some well-intentioned men, some mediocre men who just like the power and prestige, and at least a couple of bastards.

You are already DF'd. They have done the worst they can. If your parents haven't cut you off, I doubt very seriously that they will.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nope, I am never scared that it might be the truth. There is no truth in that organization. The UN incident from a couple of years ago proves it beyond any reasonable doubt.

The truth about "the truth": They are liars and fear mongers.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I just made a list of the rational real facts and studied them. No ghosts, no gods, no goblins, no sacred writings, no assumptions, just facts. I'd recommend you do the same. Let us know what you find.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit