YOU EVER FEEL SCARED IT IS THE TRUTH?

by Cordelia 91 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Deeskis just reminded me something else I need to add. For the longest time my sister was worried that it was still the "truth", too. She got better

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

cordelia,

SO WHAT CONVINCED YOU GUYS IT DEFO WASNT THE 'TRUTH?'

the theory of evolution by natural selection. if they're wrong about that, then they're wrong about the rest, because the governing body has painted themselves into a corner doctrinally. so yes, like ip_sec mentioned, if you find a way to circumvent all of the JW doctrine with something else (like evolution or secular history & exegesis), the JW religion blows away like dry leaves in the wind.

but really, even apart from that, it's really not the truth hon. there are so many other religions out there with much more believable premises.

the reason that your father can answer any question, is because he is working within a very, very specific and narrow premise. undermine the premise, and suddenly the rest of his answers won't make anymore sense.

best wishes,

TS

• Gill
    Gill

Never! Not even a little, teensy, tiny bit. I used to be.....before I studied everything I could lay my hands on, on the JWs the WTBTS, prehistory, ancient history, the Bible etc.

Now! Not troubled at all. Knowledge is power.

It's like what Jeremy Clarkson said when test driving a particular car:

'This car is like Armageddon. It sounds like it's coming......it just never does.'

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Hmmm ... after so many years of exposure to JW's and people who say they represent what god has to say it was pretty clear to me that anyone could find a scripture to prove just about any viewpoint that they personally had. Projecting ones own thoughts and beliefs and finding a scripture to back you up on that is pretty easy to do. But I guess what was the final straw for me was the obvious lack of love through constant judging of one another. And the always applying scriptures to others and not to themselves.

JW beliefs are not my truth. And if there is some universal truths in what they believe (which I think that is a slim chance) my inner peace that is a constant for me lets me know that I am on the right track for my personal journey no matter what they believe.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Personally I'm not scared its the truth because I have checked it out for myself and found it to be another interpretation - e.g. I am currently looking at the prophesy in Dan chapter 4 regarding the dream about the tree, the society say there is a greater fullfillment (7 times = 2520 years - 607 to 1914) BUT read Daniel, where does it say anything else but that it applies to the King? There is no ambiguity about the application. Yet the WTS has made up - WITH NO SCRIPTURAL EVIDENCE - that it has another application??? Did you know that they used to say the Historic date for the destruction of Jerusalem was 606 bc, after finding out there was no year 0 they adjusted it to 607! In other words they moved a historical date instead of the prophetic date they interpreted, working backwards from 1914 instead of forwards from an established date (which if you research is 20 years off the society's claim). This was so they could keep the 1914 date which is so pivotal to their belief system.

For me it really started when I realised that despite saying they were not like the Pharisees of Jesus day, they in fact were! Once you break the mindset they cultivate in you, you start to see more problems. I would advise you to reasearch, read the Bible (NT) on your own and see the real message, which has been blinded by them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I gave up long ago believing that there is any truth in this org, even if the JWs appear to be giving valid replies to off set doubts about their beliefs a knowledgeable person can easily put them in a corner and prove them wrong. Perhaps you are not well informed that's why his replies seem correct to you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope, never, not anymore. What convinced me it wasn't what they told me it was? The history of the society. Plain and simple. It's all there.

Josie

• Legolas
    Legolas
    YOU EVER FEEL SCARED IT IS THE TRUTH?

NO, because I know it's not!

• unique1
    unique1

"By this they will know that you are my my witnesses, that you have love among yourselves." The witnesses have NO LOVE among themselves. It is all politics. When I realized this, I knew they didn't have the truth.

• moshe
    moshe

JW's will never meet anyone in an open debate, in a public forum. If the GB were so confident at 25 Columbia Heights of their position, they would be running a Cable television station 24/7 broadcasting their message of salvation. Of course it would be the same one hour show re-run 24 hrs a day. .

peace,

Moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit