JW hypocrisy

by rick1199 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

Donations to the WTS are TAKEN and NOT ask for in advance. Most JWs do not know money is scammed off the top at all conventions and assemblies.

• Think
    Think

JW offer bible study to unsuspected victims.

This is very misleading, because most of the time, they study

WORDLY, UNINSPIRED BOOK AND MAGAZINES WITH FALSE

DOCTRINES, AND LISTEN TO ENDLESS BRAINWASHING TALKS,

AND THE BIBLIE IS QUOTED ONLY TO SUPPORT THEIR BELIEFS,

THEY AVOID TO MENTION THE VERSES THAT ARE IN

CONTRADITIONS TO THEIR BELIEFS.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Make sure of all things - don't be thinking independently

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Blondie

BTW, if a child is not old enough to choose to get married, drive, or drive alcoholic beverages

I'm still too young to drive alcoholic beverages...

Coffee

• FairMind
    FairMind

Materialism is to be avoided – Most of the elders have fine homes, luxury automobiles, own their own businesses and have wads of money in the bank.

The elder condemning higher education from the platform has a Masters Degree.

The elders will hold what you tell them in confidence – week later half the congregation is privy to your ‘confidential conversation”

My take on proper baptismal age is that it should be after puberty. I’ve seen too many young ones whose hormones kicked in and they wound up df’d .

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Infant baptism? I was baptized at 8 years old. My friends in the congregation were baptized from age 10-12. A child of that age, whatever the level of understanding, is not mature enough to make a decision of that nature that will effect the rest of their lives. How old was Jesus when he was baptized? Ummmmmm.....30!

I agree with you Coffee,

Danny the WT always says that they follow Jesus as a MODEL. So as Coffee brought out, how old was he?? Lets look at this a little closer. If any child was ready for baptizm at age 12 it would of been Jesus. Just where did his parents find him at 12 yrs of age. Preaching in the Synagogue. I doubt any 12 year old today is ready to handle preaching in a church to the Leaders of said church. Im not saying that one has to be 30 yrs old, but I think one should be of mature enough age to make such a serious decision. Would you let a 12 yr old get married? I dont think so. I was baptized at 14, what a mistake that was. I did it not because I was mature enough, I did it like most JW's because eveybody else in the congo was doing it. I dont recall any child baptizm's in the scriptures.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Danny the WT always says that they follow Jesus as a MODEL. So as Coffee brought out, how old was he?? Lets look at this a little closer. If any child was ready for baptizm at age 12 it would of been Jesus. Just where did his parents find him at 12 yrs of age. Preaching in the Synagogue. I doubt any 12 year old today is ready to handle preaching in a church to the Leaders of said church. Im not saying that one has to be 30 yrs old, but I think one should be of mature enough age to make such a serious decision. Would you let a 12 yr old get married? I dont think so. I was baptized at 14, what a mistake that was. I did it not because I was mature enough, I did it like most JW's because eveybody else in the congo was doing it. I dont recall any child baptizm's in the scriptures.

I would not know what would be the right age, because I would no advice anyone to get baptised now.
    But like 16 to 18 seems reasonable. However it is different then child baptism when baby's are born. We were not discussing good or bad. But I think it is hardly hypocrisy to say that baby baptism is not good and child at age 14 or is, is good.
    So some of the other examples yoo.

What I think was some hyprocrisy was that always everything must be labeled 'nice' 'upbilding' 'very fine' even when the talk or something was a disaster.

But then this kind of hypocrisy is all around

• Poztate
    Poztate
    BTW, if a child is not old enough to choose to get married, drive, or drink alcoholic beverages, or decide whether they will go to the meetings, they are too young to choose a life-time decision such as baptism that puts them in a position to be shunned by all family and friends if they make a mistake.

I always said that if the"child" is not old enough to say NO and leave this religious cult they are not old enought to be baptised.I said this to an elder(relative) of mine..(except for the cult part)and he agreed with me.

The decisions these children are pressured into making at a very tender age will haunt and follow them for the rest of their lives.There is no such thing as opting out of this cult.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"How nice was it that brother elders' son was baptized, he such a man for 8!"

• blondie
    blondie

drink alcoholic beverages...gotta remember to proofread twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit