JW hypocrisy

by rick1199 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rick1199
    rick1199

I am trying to build a list of Hipocrisy with in the borg. I dont mean things like the UN scandal as people in the hall wont have heard of that, but smaller stuff that goes on all the time with out the rank and file noticing. The 3 example I have so far are:-

Infant Baptism
    It's wrong to baptize a child, but a 9 year old witness is ok.

Asking for donations
    It's wrong to pass a donation plate, but ok to spend half the meeting asking for more donations.

Superstitions
    Superstitions are wrong, but if Witnesses have a run of bad luck they will burn any second hand goods.

Does any one have any more ?

• Ellie
    Ellie

I suppose it depends on the congregation but in my local halls the girls wear very tight, revealing clothes, while telling everyone they should dress modestly.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

There are some very Hypocrite JW's. The most aren't.

Infant Baptism

It's wrong to baptize a child, but a 9 year old witness is ok.

Well, this are really exceptions. Elders are informed that the person must be able to make a dessicion for themselves. Mostly youths are baptised around 15 or so. Sometimes later.

Asking for donations

It's wrong to pass a donation plate, but ok to spend half the meeting asking for more donations.

The reason for not passing a donation plate is that everybody sees who put how much money.
    So, they do not say it is wrong to ask for some donations. Don't see any hyprocrism here.
    And money is mentioned sometimes but really not that much. Never half of the meeting.

Superstitions

Superstitions are wrong, but if Witnesses have a run of bad luck they will burn any second hand goods.

Sorry, never hear such a thing. Must be some local freeky metally ill witness proposing something like that.

Danny

• Think
    Think

5 meetings a week is another example of cult imposed rules.

Where in the bible you can read that all Christians have to meet to listen to hundreds of hours of man-made rules and false teaching produced by Lawyers?

Bible is inspired. JW books are NOT. Why Christians have to read unchristian, UNinspired books ?

Can you imagine Jesus Christ telling all Christians that they have to read endlles streams of books, magazines, letters, Yearbooks, constantly changing doctrines?

The biblie ends at Revelations. Anything else is human, not from God.

• Think
    Think

Anybody read Ru$$ell 7 volumes? If not forget about Salvation!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I found it difficult to balance between doing my duty to love others and to go house to house to save them. Yet at the same time, trying to have the desire to see the end of this wicked system of things, which meant everyone would die.

After I left I realized I didn't need to be bribed by a paradise earth to live a decent lifestyle and be a good person. The most loving people I ever met were people I met after leaving the witnesses.

lisa

• Think
    Think

Bravo LIsa !

I feel same way. There is plenty of people better than JW. Loving, kind, following Jesus, intelligent.

We don't need Carrot Paradise and Stick Armagedon to love and follow Jesus.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I feel same way. There is plenty of people better than JW. Loving, kind, following Jesus, intelligent.

I think that most JW people are real nice good persons. So I think you can not say better then JW as people, because how would you compare. And also people not following Jesus can be good....

• Think
    Think

I can say whatever I wont to.

Are you a smart elder?

I meet a lot od JW in my life, also I travel, so I meet a lot of good people and they are NOT JW !

So, please, we are not in GH now, I know the Truth about the truth !

• Gill
    Gill

Life is precious and to be protected. However, you may not preserve your life or the life of your loved ones with blood or blood products. You MUST DIE rather than accept them.

Literature is FREE - But you have to pay for it!

JWs MUST pay their taxes but NOT the WTBTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit