JW hypocrisy

by rick1199 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

How about instucting people at the doors to read the Bible and determine what it means, then question their religious leaders if what they teach is different than what the householder interpreted the Bible to mean.

Why can't JWs read the Bible and determine what they think it means then question the WTS if they teach something different?

Of course they can do this, they are just told not too.

For an illustration of this look at all the articles the WTS has written encouraging others to examine and change their religion.Use the WTS's own cdrom. Then imagine if the info was applied to the JWs. If you were a JW you know that the info was not meant for you and it would be unthinkable for you to heed the advice in the articles.

This is two sets of instructions ,one for the world and one for the JWs. That is hypocritical.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you say to the JWs that they have many weaknesses they will readily say that they are imperfect and so they can't be expected to do everything right. But they fail to make the same allowance for other religions and thus become too judgemental.

• aniron
    aniron

There are some very Hypocrite JW's. The most aren't.

Infant Baptism

It's wrong to baptize a child, but a 9 year old witness is ok.

Well, this are really exceptions. Elders are informed that the person must be able to make a decision for themselves. Mostly youths are baptised around 15 or so. Sometimes later.

You hear of it quite often. My 8 yr old daughter was being pushed into baptism by an Elder until I told him to lay off. That the decision must be hers. She was baptised at 14.

Asking for donations

It's wrong to pass a donation plate, but ok to spend half the meeting asking for more donations.
    The reason for not passing a donation plate is that everybody sees who put how much money.

So, they do not say it is wrong to ask for some donations. Don't see any hyprocrism here.

And money is mentioned sometimes but really not that much. Never half of the meeting.

No the reason was because it was something Christendom did, stems from Russells time. Besides it doesn't have to be a plate. Many churches use an offering bag, so no one can see what another has put in.

Money is mentioned every month at the service meeting when the " congregation accounts report" is dealt with. After telling us how much money they have sent to Bethel for the "Worldwide Work" and/or how much the CO's expenses were. We are then told theres not enough left to pay for the upkeep ofthe Kingdom Hall, so please could we have some more. Also every year you would get a Watchtower article dealing with what to do with your money, make a will leaving it to WT or congregation, Deed of Covenant, how to get tax aid on your donations etc.

Superstitions

Superstitions are wrong, but if Witnesses have a run of bad luck they will burn any second hand goods.
    Sorry, never hear such a thing. Must be some local freeky metally ill witness proposing something like that.

Where have you been? This is common among JW's. Run of bad luck, or trouble at home. Must be demons. Did you buy anything from charity shop, been given second hand goods off non-JW relative or friend. Anyone brought "apostate" material into home. Well get rid of it!!

One story from my own congregation was that a sister was having a bad time. Visit from Elders. Elder looks at wallpaper in lounge. It has a fleur-de-lis (three feathers pattern) on it. Tells sister that its is a sign of the Trinity and needs to be removed. Thats why she was having troubles. Just search on here and you will find plenty of the same from others.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Da Cheech....That was some stong points you made!

Could you list them as new topics? I would like to see what others have to say about them , see if there is a defense for them...I cannot think of one...and you know how I love to defend people too.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The reason for not passing a donation plate is that everybody sees who put how much money.

Where have you seen how much money someone put in a donation plate?

Most donations at churches are placed in offering envelopes.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

WE Are told to love one another like Jesus' "Golden rule", but we really hate all others. And are rude to others (example Mormons coming to our door) while talking at meeting of householders that are rude/offend us!!!

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Superstitions are wrong, but if Witnesses have a run of bad luck they will burn any second hand goods.

Sorry, never hear such a thing. Must be some local freeky metally ill witness proposing something like that.

Danny

I can think of three people off the top of my head that burned cds, clothes, and other items after not being able to sleep, having bad dreams, or feeling cold drafts in their houses/apartments.

It's not one random witness with a freaky mental illness(although the definition of mental illness as it relates to witnesses in general is open to interpretation) that perpetuates this one. It's actually quite common. "Stuff going horribly wrong at home? Must be that new cd you bought with the celtic music on it. Burn it!"

CD

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

My mom burned my W.A.S.P. tape when I was a kid. Said it was demonized.

Funny....Now I think SHE is the one demonized! I wonder if Blackie Lawless can make a house call?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Bible is inspired. JW books are NOT.

Although I agree with you Think, I reckon the dubs believe their literature IS inspired. Don't forget - Jehovah is the editor of the Watchtower - lol (as was sworn under oath in the Olin Moyle trial)

TopHat - REALLY? Money scammed off top? How, why and how do you know this?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

No the reason was because it was something Christendom did, stems from Russells time. Besides it doesn't have to be a plate. Many churches use an offering bag, so no one can see what another has put in.
    Yes that is a good point.

Money is mentioned every month at the service meeting when the " congregation accounts report" is dealt with. After telling us how much money they have sent to Bethel for the "Worldwide Work" and/or how much the CO's expenses were. We are then told theres not enough left to pay for the upkeep ofthe Kingdom Hall, so please could we have some more. Also every year you would get a Watchtower article dealing with what to do with your money, make a will leaving it to WT or congregation, Deed of Covenant, how to get tax aid on your donations etc.
    I do not think that is really much, or like half a meeting in general. I think most of other churches have more emphasis on this. (or even non churches)

Where have you been? This is common among JW's. Run of bad luck, or trouble at home. Must be demons. Did you buy anything from charity shop, been given second hand goods off non-JW relative or friend. Anyone brought "apostate" material into home. Well get rid of it!! One story from my own congregation was that a sister was having a bad time. Visit from Elders. Elder looks at wallpaper in lounge. It has a fleur-de-lis (three feathers pattern) on it. Tells sister that its is a sign of the Trinity and needs to be removed. Thats why she was having troubles. I hear this a lot on this board and do not doubt the trueness of it. It just sound so funny. The two cases I can think of, was one brother who was terrible affraid for deamons. But he was coming from a second world country, with his tribe very much into deamon things. So, it was just a remnant of his former believes not a JW thing. Later, after being a longer time here, it was a lot better. (only when he went back to his country).
    The other of a sister who was, well not mentally 100%, she always saw problems like that everywhere. Other broders and sisters laughed at her (behind her back) because they though it very stupid. by the way, this sister was the only pioneer at that time (that is hipocrisy) Since most jw's here aren't too rich, bying 2nd hand is very popular. Clothes, cars, furniture, book, whatever is bought Just search on here and you will find plenty of the same from others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit