My husband had a heart attack

by MsMcDucket 68 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hello all, the last 24+ hours, I've been at the hospital. I took my husband in because he was having chest pains. Come to find out his cardiac enzymes were elevated and his EKG was abnormal. A cardiologist comes in and tells him that he has had a heart attack, but to try and stay calm. They started him on a heparin drip and Integrilin after they had given him an aspirin and a nitroglycerin tablet.

He was taken to MICU to await transfer from the VA hospital to a major hospital here in our city. They took him in for a heart catherization and angioplasty this afternoon. He was found to have an artery that was really damaged. The doctors opened it up and put a stent in it. They found two other areas of occlusion/blocks, which they "ballooned" (flattened them out to make the artery more open).

I have had minimal sleep during this time. I stayed by his beside the whole time (well not during the procedure). I'm so sleepy now that I could cry, but I had to stop here and tell the story before hitting the sack. My twins (the one's that are shunning me) did come up during the night. They are there with him now, which has allowed me to come home to get some rest. I'm going to get some sleep and then I'll be going back up to the hospital.

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((((MsMcDucket))))))

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

MsMcDucket,

I do so hope that everything goes well for your husband, and he makes a full recovery.

Please keep us posted on how he is

Thinking of you

Linda

• lucifer
    lucifer

this must be very hard for you, you have my best wishes for you and your family

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Best wishes. Hang in there. I hope everything works out.

JT

• daystar
    daystar

OMG!!! You and MrMcDucket will be in my thoughts.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

((((MsMcDuckett)))) I hope all goes well for your husband. And I hope your twins will not do any shunning at this stressful time.

I'm thinking of you-please take care of yourself, too.

• hubert
    hubert

Sorry to hear about your husband, MsMc.

Sounds like the docs got a handle on everything, so he should be okay, I hope.

Get some rest, you don't want to get run down yourself.

Hubert

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I hope your husband makes a full and lasting recovery....I am pleased however that you do have your family round at this time.

DB74

• rebel8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit