Talked to JW cousin

by Undecided 86 Replies latest jw friends

• PMJ
    PMJ

you pull jehovahs wittnesses down.had i come on this site doing the same as all of you then i would of been welcomed.but because im a jw and beleave its the truth.you pull me down.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Oh man!! Come on and finish the conversation already !!!!

I want to know of an example of the apostles teaching wrong doctrine after the holy spirit was poured out.

I would also like to know of an example of the apostles misunderstanding doctrine after the holy spirit was poured out.

I want to know of the apostles teaching wrong doctrine and not just asking questions before or after the holy spirit was poured out.

Let's not go down the road of name calling or trying to understand each other's motives. Let's just answer the questions that have been raised.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ, my good man, you would not understand it if I told you. But I will try to explain.

Jesus never said of himself, "I have light." He said, "I am the light of the world." He said of his disciples that they were "the light of the world." That light is not a possession, it is a state of being. It is something you are, not something you do.

In answer to your question, I will post the Scripture my answer comes from:

2 Corinthians 3:12-18 — Therefore, as we have such a hope, we are using great freeness of speech, 13 and not doing as when Moses would put a veil upon his face, that the sons of Israel might not gaze intently at the end of that which was to be done away with. 14 But their mental powers were dulled. For to this present day the same veil remains unlifted at the reading of the old covenant, because it is done away with by means of Christ. 15 In fact, down till today whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their hearts. 16 But when there is a turning to Jehovah, the veil is taken away. 17 Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom. 18 And all of us, while we with unveiled faces reflect like mirrors the glory of Jehovah, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, exactly as done by Jehovah [the] Spirit.

Because of extensive research on these verses, I take exception to the use of the name "Jehovah" in these verses, but that is a different discussion entirely. As long as I live, I will bring glory to God.

Do you think Paul was being haughty when he said that ALL Christians reflect God's glory like a mirror? I don't. But you likely think I am being haughty to apply those words to myself. Isn't it odd that you would have me put my light under a "measuring basket" instead?

Your "measuring basket" is the mountain of requirements, suggestions, and cautions that diminish your light. Your "measuring basket" shuts up the kingdom of heavens and blinds men so they cannot find the glorious good news.

I will ask you one question, since you answered mine: Can you name a single occasion on which Jehovah's Witnesses have experienced persecution for bearing Jesus' name?

AuldSoul

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well he won't do that Listener - he's on the road of deflection right now.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

PMJ...in all honesty, you are not doing a very good job in defending the society. You are actually doing the oposite.... you prove our point. You evade direct questions. You change the subject. You accuse us of being full of hate...when it's your posts that show hostility.

If I was a jw on this board, your arguments would make me run from the organization because your posts expose it for what it is.

Coffee

• PMJ
    PMJ

mrs jones you havent a clue who i am.for your information im very humble dont claim to no me over a computer.mrs jones as soon i as i came on this website and you found out i was a jw.you gave me a hard time wanting to prove im wrong.so dont complain when i stand up for what i beleave

• avishai
    avishai

Can you stand up for what you believe without being insulting?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

no it's wasnt becasue I "found out" you were a jw like it was some big secret - I could care less if you're a jw or not - it's your attitude PMJ.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Goodness sakes AuldSoul you are on fire.

I'll be saving your posts for future reference.

PMJ you should have debated with someone like me, you'd get a lot farther than taking on the 'ole auld soul.

• bebu
    bebu
    .the wittnesses may get things wrong at times but they stick to the high moral standards of the bible

Hmmm. You mean the high "moral" standards shown in Scotland in 1954, where the leaders admitted that it was encumbent upon all JWs to follow all the WTS teachings, EVEN if they were false prophets??? Are you saying that by false prophets is okay as long as one doesn't smoke, drink or chew or go with girls that do? That is a pathetic mooral standard.

You're right that there's a big difference between Catholics and JWs, but it's not the one you think!!

bebu

not Catholic, btw, but raised one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit