Talked to JW cousin

by Undecided 86 Replies latest jw friends

• ferret
    ferret

I think maybe PMJ should go back and tell the elders what he has heard here. He might learn the real truth about the truth and his precious elders.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I apologise for hijacking your thread... but I can't take too much more of this defd, Brownboy, scholar mentality without the proper grammar PMJ dude:

Once upon a time there were 7 people who were involved in a scientific study.

5 of those people were paid $20 for each time they tried to convince others that the moon is made out of green cheese.

2 of those people were paid $1 for each time they tried to convince others that the moon is made out of green cheese.

The 5 people being paid $20 didn't work very hard trying to convince people that the moon is made out of green cheese.

The other 2 people spent all their time and energy trying to convince people that the moon is made out of green cheese.

The results of this study indicate that the less a person is rewarded for promoting a falsehood the harder that one is going to work simply because he has to start believing the falsehood himself in order to continue promoting it because he is not reaping a very good reward for promoting the falsehood he is beginning to believe.

That is why it is very difficult to reason with people who are not reaping good benefits while spreading falsehoods.

The 'official' term for this condition is cognitive dissonance.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

hey ken, was it tony or mike?

• Soledad
    Soledad
    The Bible acount of Jesus was written two generations after the man died! That is like writing the story of some WW1 or WW2 man without any eye witnesses or documentation. Do you really think it would be accurate?

I don't agree with the witnesses but I don't think that the first century religions were right either.

Very well put. My thoughts exactly! That's why I don't get involved in any bible debates. To me the bible is bunk.

Job well done to all the Auldsoul and all other posters on this thread!

Lynnmelo: you will never ever regret not getting baptized as a Jehovah's Witness!

And once again PMJ has pulled his disappearing act......*deep sigh* Witnesses are soooooo predictable......

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ?

Will you answer?

AuldSoul

• steve2
    steve2

Whether PMJ answers or not is uncertain.

What is certain is that, in the ongoing scheme of things, PMJ will always have more freedom to express his views to us than she or he ever would have to express his views to JWS...unless he fully complies with them...and we know he doesn't because he's communicating with us!

• steve2
    steve2
    I don't agree with the witnesses but I don't think that the first century religions were right either.

Hey welcome ontarget. I agree with you wholeheartedly on this point

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit