Talked to JW cousin

by Undecided 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was in the grocery store and met a cousin I haven't seen in years. The first thing he asked me was, do you go to the meeting now? I said no. He mentioned how Armageddon was so close. I said haven't you heard, they changed the generation thing in 1995. It's not comming before all the oldtimers die off from 1914, but a generation is just a social period which is an undetermined time. They also changed the Awake introduction from this century to real soon now.

I told him I had looked back into the history of the Russell and Rutherford times and had seen how much had been changed. He mentioned the JWs having the "TRUTH" and I said it is either the truth or it isn't, you can't just keep changing it all the time and call it new light. He seemed shocked at my new way of thinking. He had a strange look in his eyes. This was a brother of the cousin that called the other day in service.

It felt good to talk honestly to a JW and not hide your real thinking. I just don't care anymore if they DA me, DF me or whatever.

Ken P.

• PMJ
    PMJ

so what about people who in bile times who made mistakes and miss understood things.did they not have the truth or the true God?

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Good for you, undecided!!

I bet it felt really good to say what you felt for a change! Tiptoe-ing around the issues is exhausting and infuriating at times. You never know, maybe you started the wheels turning in his head!

GGG

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Good job Ken. It is good to just use simple logic instead of getting all into dates and scandals and stuff. Just keep it simple so you can make them think. If they are ripe for it ... they'll come asking you for more info ...

-ithinkisee

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

so what about people who in bile times who made mistakes and miss understood things.did they not have the truth or the true God?

The only thing that made sense here was the use of the word BILE, which is what the WTS and it's followers spew.

Good work, Undecided! Drop those seeds that plant those thinking and reasoning abilities in the heads and minds of the poor, hooked and duped JWs.

Annie

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Oh PMJ...
    It's one thing to make mistakes as humans. Moses made mistakes, Jonah made mistakes, but they NEVER, EVER made mistakes while speaking the words of God. Show us one, just one biblical account where God's true prophets had to go back to the people and change or correct any part of the Message given to them by God.
    The WTS claims, after all it has prophesized and all the lives they have messed up, that they are not inspired. Well guess what? If they're not inspired, we do not have any responsability to follow blindly anything at they say. Show me one docrine at WTS has not changed over the years. Yet, the Bible mentions that God never changes, then why does God's self-proclaimed messengers make changes after changes to what they teach?
    Nowhere in the Bible can you find any excuse for false prophets. Never will you find a 'we were wrong but we got it right now' in the people who were God's mouthpieces in Biblical times.
    You are trying to defend the WTS with nothing, there is no scriptural base or precedence to anything that the WTS has done.

• PMJ
    PMJ

im sure the apostles thought jesus was going to rule as king straght away they didnt realise it would be a future time

• avishai
    avishai

Oh Reeallly, PMJ. And you're sure of this how?

• PMJ
    PMJ

prove me wrong then

• TheListener
    TheListener

PMJ, would you care to support your gross assertion with something resembling a fact?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit