Talked to JW cousin

by Undecided 86 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

PMJ., You're the one who made the statement with no proof. You've been called on it. It is up to you to prove your statement.

Even if what you say is true (which you can't prove) the apostles did not behave as the wt does. (demanding obedience but accepting no responsibility)

Truth doesn't change. If it has to change it wasn't true to begin with. If it wasn't true to begin with, then it did not come from God.

Coffee

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    thought jesus was going to rule as king straght away

Exactly PMJ:

The apostles thought not taught something. Additionally, they never claimed their thinking was FROM God and can you prove that they shunned anyone who did NOT agree with their speculative thinking?

YC

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    prove me wrong then

It is logically impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof falls on the one making the claim.

If you still insist the burden of Disproof falls on the disbeliever, then prove that god is not an invisible pink unicorn on Pluto. (Peace Be Unto Her) (May Her Holy Hooves Never Be Shod)

The Invisible Pink Unicorn is a being of great spiritual power. We know this because she is capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that she is pink; we logically know that she is invisible because we can't see her.

• PMJ
    PMJ

wow you guys are full of hatred not love one thing i can see is that God isnt with you guys

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Personal attacks will get you nowhere.

Stick to the point. Disprove the existence of my Invisible Pink Unicorn.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

No PMJ, I don't hate anyone.... but yours is a typical jw attempt to change the subject when you know you are wrong. You cannot read the apostles minds to determine their motives...nor can you read the minds or hearts of those on this forum. To claim otherwise is just silly.

Coffee

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

We are merely pointing out facts to you and you turn it around and call it hate. I feel deeply sorry for you. You have not proved one single point on the stuff you talk about. Meanwhile you refuse to see the facts in front of you. So no matter what anyboday says here, you will not see through the haze until you want to. Meanwhile, you will keep believing whatever the WTS says wohtout first proving or disproving it. That, my friend, is wrong according to 1 John 4:1:
    1 John 4:1 (New International Version) 1) Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

It's not hate to show you the facts and try to open your eyes... it's love, more love than anybody in the WTS will be able to show you the moment you misstep, or the moment they find out the type of websites you visit.

• PMJ
    PMJ

look at acts 1v6 When, now, they had assembled, they went asking him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?”also look atluke19v11 and luke 24v21.now because they didnt no.exactley when jesus was going to rule does this mean they didnt have the truth.remember truth doesnt change.the apostles not understanding must of ment they didnt come from God.yes how silly would it be to think that way.ok ill come back later after you have all finished eating HUMBLE PIE

• steve2
    steve2

so what about people who in bile times who made mistakes and miss understood things.did they not have the truth or the true God?

Good point, PMJ, after all we are only human. But equally, did they go around claiming they were God's sole channel of communication and enforce an authoritarian set of rules on stamping out those who dared to question their authority?. If they did, the dictionary has plenty of words to describe their practice, including sectarianism.

Even so, good on you for tuning in and offering your views. That's a lot more than many others would do!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

PMJ - I read back through the thread and saw no evidence of hatred. You seem very conflicted - you obviously have huge doubts about the WTS having the 'truth' - so you provoke discussions that give you the opportunity to defend it, in order to alleviate your guilt about being a doubter. That works as long as you are on this site, but what about when you wake up in the middle of the night - with those doubts - alone in your own head? It must be pure misery. PMJ - the truth will set you free - and I don't mean the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit