Talked to JW cousin

by Undecided 86 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

PMJ said:

its funny how you turn it on me being the rude bad person.you all stick togther and gang up on the person who doesnt agree with you.

I empathise with you feeling picked on, and I hope that I don't add to that feeling on your part, because I think it is great that you are here trying to share your beliefs.

However, PMJ, I couldn't help but think that many of us here on this board felt exactly like you, but in a different context: To use similar words to you, It was as if the Watchtower Society turned on us and made us feel like bad people and the Witnesses ganged up on us.

• PMJ
    PMJ

AuldSoul what is the glories good news?what is Gods kingdom?who are the ones that will inheret the earth?who are the ones that will see God?your knowledge is good

• TheListener
    TheListener

Yea!!! no name calling just bible talk. I looooove bible talk.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ, your frustration at mrs.jones is caused by the fact that you are incapable of standing up for WHAT you believe. You can only manage to flail about trying to stand up for WHO you believe in, and it isn't Jesus—you believe in the Governing Body.

You have put your trust in men; men who claim to be uninspired, who claim not to be prophets, who predict what will happen anyway, and who disfellowship those who publicly disagree with them.

The Bible directly states: "DO NOT put your trust in noble, nor in the son of earthling man to whom no salvation belongs." (Psalm 146:3) I haven't asked you to trust me. I have directly told people NOT to do so. Who is lacking in humility if not the Governing Body, a group of men who require complete subjection—even subjection of thought.

*** w01 8/1 p. 14 Make Your Advancement Manifest ***
    8 First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.” By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided “at the proper time”—through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions—we can be sure that we maintain “oneness” with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.—Matthew 24:45.

Note: the Bible is missing from the list of sources for Spiritual food.

AuldSoul

• PMJ
    PMJ

ok AuldSoul.the way i see this.is jehovah has all ways had a people.moses led them through the red see.did they accept what mosses said yes they did.when jesus had died.and it was just the apostles.should people of said oh were not listening to you we only lissten to jesus.God through out time has used people.to take the lead

• undercover
    undercover

Dear PMJ,

I sense that you misunderstand some of the criticism you read here. For the most part, our criticism is aimed at the Society, their teachings and the stance that they take as God's spokesman on earth, not Jehovah's Witnesses as individuals.

I, and most others here, have no hatred toward you or millions of other everyday people who happen to be JWs. We may feel some anger as to how some things have been done in the name of Jehovah by some JWs or the Society, but by and large we want to help JWs understand that maybe not everything is as rosy as they believe to be in the organization.

Many here on this one thread have tried to debate a series of questions with you on this one thread, but the debate keeps getting deflected into some kind defense of perceived personal attack on you. Like you said, we don't know you, we can't know you through a computer. So, why ignore anything that you perceive as a personal attack and concentrate on the issues?

These questions were raised earlier:

I want to know of an example of the apostles teaching wrong doctrine after the holy spirit was poured out.

I would also like to know of an example of the apostles misunderstanding doctrine after the holy spirit was poured out.

I want to know of the apostles teaching wrong doctrine and not just asking questions before or after the holy spirit was poured out.

Let's stick with those and take it from there. How about it?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ,

AuldSoul what is the glories good news?what is Gods kingdom?who are the ones that will inheret the earth?who are the ones that will see God?your knowledge is good

Your appeal to pride is transparent. If you are sincerely asking, you can't possibly believe you have the truth. But you would be disappointed in my answer. Jesus came to preach a release to the captives, but you have been enslaved by almost a carbon copy of the Judaic system.

Tell me, PMJ, are you without guilt? Do you know what the "freedom of the sons of God" is? Do you understand what "grace" means? Have you got "great freeness of speech" as a result of your relationship with God?

Test out that last one, if you like. Tell your local BOE that you post here regularly. Let them know that you have been posting since December 30, 2005 and already you are almost a Senior Member. Then you will find out whether you have freeness of speech.

the way i see this.is jehovah has all ways had a people.

I can assure you, you don't see it that way because of your own personal study of the issue. I know that because that isn't true. It is what Jehovah's Witnesses say to prop up their bid for divine authority. But the Catholic Church uses the same argument. So does the Lutheran Church. So does the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints.

Are all of them right? But, I know for sure God has NOT always had a people. You keep ignoring my questions and asking more for me to respond to. Why do you suppose that is?

Prove your point, though. Who were God's people in the year 666 AD? What about 333 AD? How about 999 AD? 1212 AD or 1515 AD? You don't know, therefore you are asserting something the Bible NEVER ONCE states. You are asserting it as though it is true, and you have no proof of your claim.

It isn't your fault, though. You were misled. By the men you placed your confidence in. Most people are, so don't feel too badly.

AuldSoul

• PMJ
    PMJ

AuldSoul u shown me 1 article that doesnt mention the bible how about you show me the tone of article where the governingbody tell us to read the bible daily.ok i understnad you were saying that after the apostles recived holy spirt they didnthave any misunderstandings.i agree.but are you telling me that people today who have holy spirt dont get things wrong?if thats the case every person on the face of this earth can never of recived holy spirt since i dont no any one who gets every thing right?AuldSoul as seen as yopur knowledge is far greater than mine could you answer this for me?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ahem... PMJ, you still have not disproven the invisible pink unicorn.

It is logically impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof falls on the one making the claim.

If you still insist the burden of Disproof falls on the disbeliever, then prove that god is not an invisible pink unicorn on Pluto. (Peace Be Unto Her) (May Her Holy Hooves Never Be Shod)

The Invisible Pink Unicorn is a being of great spiritual power. We know this because she is capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that she is pink; we logically know that she is invisible because we can't see her.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ,

I am answering your questions. At what point should I stop bothering since you consistently refuse to answer mine?

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit