IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED ELDERS ARE PISSED!

by mkr32208 112 Replies latest members private

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Sorry I havn't read every thread, but don't they have your date of baptism officially noted somewhere, like on your publisher card? And if you've ever served in some official capacity, eg, pioneer, then that would be taken as proof enough, surely? It seems strange they gave up so easy. But good on you for giving them the run around hehe. Nice to see them squirm for a change.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hot Damned and Amen!

• bebu
    bebu

LOL, what a hysterically funny picture that is! Even if they dig up written proof somewhere, you get a point across about the idiocy of baptism being a contract allowing for extortion. They're so mad they can't extort you!

bebu

• blondie
    blondie

For those who remember signing something, there is a page in the back of the Lamp book where you and the PO signed attesting that you were now a baptized minister. If someone has a copy of the Lamp book (and that page is not filled out) a scan might be interesting. The man who signed mine died years ago.

Does the new OD book have such a page?

Blondie

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

This is amazing. I thought there was only 2 ways out of the JW's; fading or df'/da'ing. You have now come up with option #3. I hope it works for other people. This thread was so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Ha! I'd lie and say I was baptized just so the Witnesses would HAVE to shun me. Hahahaha!!!
    I WANT to be shunned. If they stop shunning me I'll sue em. Hahahaha!!!
    I want what they want to give me. What a deal! I win!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    For those who remember signing something, there is a page in the back of the Lamp book where you and the PO signed attesting that you were now a baptized minister.

Blondie, what I signed was just on a sheet of paper, not in a book, and I didn't receive a copy. I'd really love to know what it was, though, and if it's on file somewhere.

GGG

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

LOL... I am very impressed and amused. I am glad it worked out for you... How hilarious... I can just picture my own mum raging if I did that same thing. HAHAHAHA...

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Sorry I havn't read every thread, but don't they have your date of baptism officially noted somewhere, like on your publisher card? And if you've ever served in some official capacity, eg, pioneer, then that would be taken as proof enough, surely? It seems strange they gave up so easy.

There is a place for it on your publisher card, but willyloman mentioned that it often isn't filled in. And even if it was, you can say, "Yes, I was going to get baptized at that assembly, but I chickened out and never went under the water." Same would go for any "official" positions you held. They don't ask if you're baptized, it is just assumed. If you claim later not to be, what grounds do they have to say you were? Sadly, it would've worked for me. If I was as smart as mkr, I'd've done it! If you grew up in the same congregation you're exiting from, it might not be as easy. Dave

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

These elders gave up because it was just too much hassle in the end. From a legal perspective it would be an easy thing for them to get affidavits from some in the congregation who distinctly remembered you getting baptized. It wouldn't be necessary for the witnesses to literally recall seeing you going under the water, but out of a whole congregation it wouldn't be hard for them to find at least one person that did. It's a real stretch to say "I didn't go under the water". The brothers doing the baptising will not hesitate to re-submerge anyone whose entire body does not go under. I personally recall seeing a sister whose foot came up twice so she had to get dunked a third time. It is a technicality, but even if your entire body did not go under that wouldn't be enough to years later say you weren't baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit