Real 'BIG' news WTS sued biggie worker compensation

by DannyHaszard 210 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sf
    sf

Nice to see you Bryan.

Yes Ben, please provide clear scripture to back your statement up here.

Thanks, in advance.

sKally

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

JW Ben,

Your perception of what constitutes "rude" appears include someone asking you questions, from what I have seen. However, I will be happy to test the merit of your word in this matter.

JW Ben: Judicial Committees

I can't promise that the entire discussion will be without tension, as that is part and parcel of adult debate. But I can promise you I will not be rude to you unless you become disrespectful in your demeanor toward me.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

JW Ben,

I've never been a Jehovah's Witness but am married to one that became df'd just before we were married. I studied the Watchtower and its views for about a year before she and I married and have studied it since.

Not trying to be rude at all here but am simply curious. You say the Witnesses only need the bible, but my understanding is the bible is only to be studied along with the various WT guidebooks, guiding the way in which verses are read and how they are to be interpreted. I also recall there has been at least a few times when the WT publications have stated something only to come back and later change a statement -- and every Witness had to obey what it said or risk being df'd from my understanding, by the way. This means that some people were df'd during the time a particular policy was inacted but would not have been after the policy was changed. Were any of these now former Witnesses contacted and told they were allowed for reinstatement, or were they still just left out in the cold to be shunned by the organization and by their own families~?

Also, when you say Witnesses only need the bible to go by, you are aware there are many verses that can be viewed in different ways and that the WT only allows its people to share the single view those in the corporate office dictate, right? And it has been proven and even admitted before in a WT publication that the board is not infallible. So why are the Witnesses required to only view scriptures in the exact same light the WT leaders decide is correct -- at risk of being df'd and not allowed to talk to their own families anymore such as my wife endures as well as many others on this forum?

I haven't posted here in a long time and apologize for not listing any specific scriptures, etc., but assume you are aware of what I am referring to. If not, I will spend more time later to come up with specific examples. Thanks for any reply.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

This could be good...

In the UK it is more questionable whether bethelites are actually employees within the meaning of our domestic legislation; if a US judge can see through the sham then surely an Employment Tribunal (UK Labour Court) Chairman will be able to do so as well.

The case law authorities demand that the UK courts take a purposive approach to our legislation and interpret our laws so as to protect employees.

This has prompted me to do some more further research.

DB74

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Also, we must not only publish books about or in explanation of the Bible; we must also help the Bible readers to understand these Bible-explaining books, …" (The Watchtower Nov. 15, 1961 p.694)

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    "Also, we must not only publish books about or in explanation of the Bible; we must also help the Bible readers to understand these Bible-explaining books, …" (The Watchtower Nov. 15, 1961 p.694)

Thanks Garybuss~!

I was telling my wife what I typed today and she was definitely agreeing the WT publications are to be used in conjunction with studying the bible and that the bible is really not to be studied alone. It appears most of the attention is focused on the publications rather than the bible, IMO.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

JW Ben,

Thanks for responding to my post. It seems that you had some posts after the fact that will require that you answer their questions......some very good questions that we would all enjoy having your thoughts on.

Rather than overwhelming you with even more questions, I will wait until you address what has been brought out to you before I reply again. I will cover things point by point when I see your answers to what has just been asked of you.

Annie

• Bryan
    Bryan

Anyone seen JW Ben?

I didn't think so.

I hope you stop and think Ben... Why are you avoiding this question? If you can't answer it, perhaps you should realize the Tower is not really God's "mouth piece".

I would like to hear your answer though.

Thanks,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• M.J.
    M.J.

It is truely amazing as to how much rubbish people here write. We do not follow orders in the way you make it sound. you make it sound as if we have no free choice. What rubbish. I would not change for the slavery of the world. I am free.

Here's a description of how people are coerced into conformance in an "educational" seminar-based corporation that many accuse of being a cult (quoting from notes sent to me by a high-level former member):

...Joining together with the rest of the group through this set of shared experiences into a new, "right" way of viewing the world has a strong emotional effect and produces a strong sense of bonding between the participants. This includes feelings of love, elation, sense of community, and a sense that the group's purpose is higher than yourself. .. You are constantly reminded by the leaders that this is the only place where this kind of "transformation" and "experience" can take place. ..

Typically, after you are recruited by someone, attend the "introduction" seminar, and spend a large amount of money to participate...you have a very high expectation to be "transformed" or "enlightened", which is an expectation that is impossible to fulfill. As a result, you never feel satisfied or like you've truly grasped it well enough and this causes you to increase your reliance on the leaders, the seminars, and the ideology to guide you. You are directed to sign up for more seminars and courses and continue on your quest to master it... Participants are told that if they don't share their transformation by recruiting others to join, they will lose their transformation. The ultimate goal is to transform yourself, your family, your business, society, and the world. Your commitment to wanting to grow and maintain your "transformation" has the effect of forcing you to conform to the group's standards—and therefore without knowing it, you submit yourself to the group's authority. If a person is only concerned with ordinary life and career and is not committed to "doing the work", he is not considered "alive" and committed to his transformation. The group’s purpose becomes higher than your own.

The group's ideology gains control of your thoughts by turning you against your old way of thinking. Y ou are trained to question your everyday thoughts and actions to evaluate whether they are in agreement with your transformation. You must rid your mind of anything not consistent with your "transformation" in order to remain committed. You end up always trying to interpret everyday events in your life in such a way to confirm to yourself that the new outlook is right. Training yourself to follow this way of thinking actually prevents you from allowing yourself to critically analyze or question it...

• silenced1212
    silenced1212

JW BEN, CT Russell stated that a student would be better off to study the WT publications than the Bible because if they studied Studies in the Scriptures alone the would have the "Truth" however if they studied the Bible alone after just 2 years the would be back in spiritual darkness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit