What did you do with your literature when you left?

by ontarget 28 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Gary,

I am not sure what I still have, some has gone, but I will search through the boxes and see if I still have the 2003 and 2004 wts, and send them to you. I doubt I'll be getting the 2005 one though.

I will be in touch

love

Linda

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

For me, the process started about two years ago, way before I was ready to leave.

After I re-appeared in JW-land in the early nineties, I managed to acquire a rather complete new library. I took some pride in it as well. I got most of the bound volumes, yearbooks, booklets and so on from about the early fifties onward - the whole works, nearly half a bookcase wall filled with a candy-colored WTS cornucopia of spiritual food.

When they had started looking sinister to me, I first packed the whole lot in about eight large banana boxes and parked them under my bed. About a year later, I took some deep breaths and carted the whole lot into the waste-paper recycling container around the corner. I was still a bit unsure, as there was some really old stuff from the early forties as well - things that had been treasured and revered for many years. It took me about an hour. To me it was just as much a symbolic and clandestine ACT of resistance as it was a mental clearing out, as a lot of the luxury re-bound volumes were given to me by a - by now - ex-friend elder who had turned out to be a two-faced teflon-coated mendacious politician.

Theo

• KimKat
    KimKat

I know someone who took all of thier old literature and tore thier names out -
    then she wrote "lies, all lies" "Hypocrites" and things like this on and in the books and
    magazines. She took all of it, put it in a black trash bag and dumped it on a Kingdom Hall
    front door area. I can just imagine the look on the faces of those who found it!!
    She stated it was the best therapy she could have done for herself.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Some of it is worth money (the old ones)

They changed some stuff when they were making the bound volumes!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a few books, havent decided what I'm going to do with them so theyre in my garage safely away from my children. But awakes and watchtowers are fairgame for ripping

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I have the 2003 CD somewhere that I got from an xjw friend. Any other jw related material I left at my moms when I moved out at 18.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Get rid of it?

NO WAY.

It is 'food at the proper time' and 'meat in due season' from the Faithful Discreet Slave represented on earth by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I appreciate it so much that I share it with everyone who is interested in or has ever been connected with Jehovah's visible organisation.

One of my favorites is the June 15, 1957 WATCHTOWER.

May I draw your attention to two direct quotes from that WTBT$ publication:

Page 370 Paragraph 7 - "God has set the members in the body, each one of them, just as he pleased," is the way it is pictured in 1 Corinthians 12:18 (NW). It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

Page 375 Paragraph 21 - We should respond with the same readiness as we would to the voice of God. It is His means of dealing with us now.

I am so thrilled that the WTBT$ published this almost half a century ago because even then they were fulfilling 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 which reads:

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him: we ask you, brothers, not to be easily upset in mind or troubled, either by a spirit or by a message or by a letter as if from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way. For [that day] will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.

He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God’s sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I sent my KMs to AlanF; I didn't have anything rare or valuable.

My wife dumped all hers when we moved in together. I boxed mine up and stuck it in a closet; I wasn't sure if it might prove useful for anti-WTS research at some point. I hadn't touched the boxes in two years, however, so when we moved a couple of months ago, I finally dumped it all, except for my Illuminators book, since it's a personal keepsake (I do have fond memories of Pioneer School), and my NWT, since I have a collection of bibles from my brief post-Watchtower Christian phase.

I've kept the WT CD since it's useful for occasional discussion of JW topics here on JWD; but I haven't downloaded any of the latest releases.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Dipsty dumpster!!!

Sherry

• xjwms
    xjwms

I have paper sticking out of all the good Stuff

With yellow highlights

All the double talk, changes, ... reference. I like making copies, and passing it on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit