What did you do with your literature when you left?

by ontarget 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ontarget
    ontarget

What did you do with your literature when you left? And why?

I burned my literature except for the WT CD which I sold on Ebay. I did not want to just throw the literature away as I did not want the trash man to read it and become a Witness. (you have read the experiences) I did not want to help the Witnesses in any way. It was also good therapy for working through some of the anger. If you burn yours make sure you have a safe outdoor place to do it, a wall full of old books and bound volumes take a long time to burn. As for the CD I figured that only a non-witness would buy it on Ebay.

• JH
    JH

I kept all the books for many years, but then I moved a few times, and found the books heavy and taking too much space, so i got rid of many books.

About 2 years ago, I made a big clean up and got rid of 90% of the books and magazines I had since years. Why keep them when you didn't even read them when they were new !!!

Now all I have is the bible, and maybe 5 or 6 books, not more. If ever I need more space here, I'll make another clean up.

• G Money
    G Money

I dumped them in the trash after people saw the collection on the shelf and would ask what are those. I still have some tracts from the 50's (or a long time ago, well before I was born) that maybe I could sell one day. I kept the bible in english and spanish, the interlinear and the reasoning book.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Thats funny because I have more WT publications now than I did when I was a Wtiness. It was a part of studying my way out. I can get rid of them now though because I have most of the older pubs on cd. I am holding on to a few in case I ever get to show a JW where they taught Christs 2nd presence happened in 1874, as late as 1928. And other shocking classic goodies.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I havn't gone to a meeting in over a year. But I have kept all the literature I have aquired since 1969. I research enough now to know how the WTS likes to hide and change their history. So this way I have the originals. My wife and 2 daughters still go to the meetings so I get a fresh copy of their mags, books etc. You guessed it, I keep a copy in my library for future reference. You never know.

• Gill
    Gill

My husband literally RUSHED the whole lot down to the local tip.

I managed to grab a bible and another book but that was it!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I left them with the ex, well, except for my bible. Kind of a shame too. I wish I'd taken some of them with me. We had some of the original magazines in the folders before 'bound volumes' came out.

Bummer...

Jeannie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am gradually clearing mine out. I haven't been left long, and in 25 years I did accumulate a lot. It's all in boxes now, and I've burned some, which is what I'm going to do with all of it eventually. I expect it will all be gone by the spring, and good riddance.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I kept everything and ADDED to it all. The only things hard for me to get are recent items like CD's and bound volumes. I'll pay USA postage for items I need like WT volumes 2003 & 2004 and now I'll need 2005 CD and 2005 bound volumes. I hate to hear items I need are going to the dump.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I have kept what I had and just threw out some awakes/watchtowers last week. The books are in various closets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit