Bethel Downsizing Again!

by zack 74 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wow this is dynamite information

• Roddy
    Roddy

I do not know if any of you have heard. No one in my congo. other than one other elder on the body has heard:

Bethel will be downsizing again. This not just a casual comment at Morning Worship but a lecture from two GB members

that they would begin sending people home right away.

Seems that human capital is a long term liability that they can no longer afford as they grow old.

Strange as this might sound -- I really feel sorry for them. I'm sure they will be broken hearted. But not as much as when they will be once the find themselves pushed out on the sidewalk and have to fend for themselves. Check it out ...

Years of service, perhaps decades of service and they get: no medial, no dental, no vision, no health benefits, no savings, no marketable skills, no job placement service, no education, no severance pay, not even transportation. But maybe a letter of recommendation to the congregation so they can serve immediately on roving mikes and carpet vacuuming responsibilities at the kingdom hall.

I think the flood of ex-bethelites in the congregations will start a stream of disclosures which we only heard rumors about. When you get kicked out to the curb like that, there will no more loyality. And the pay-back to the WTS will be half as interesting to watch as the WTS enters into a new level of damage control mode. The WTS may start to unravel from the inside out. Perhaps we may even witness a coup!

• Roddy
    Roddy

Why do they keep telling the "young ones" to reach out for Bethel service? I guess it looks good in the magazines. Just like printing in the Watchtower that people need to "Reach Out" for Gilead. What are the chances of ever getting to go to that? Totally lame.

This summer at the district convention I'm going to listen if they make any of the usual Bethel application announcements. If they don't, then we'll know.

Funny thing about the WTS. You have to listen to what she DOESN'T usually say in order to read between the lines of what is happening. LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But maybe a letter of recommendation to the congregation so they can serve immediately on roving mikes and carpet vacuuming responsibilities at the kingdom hall.

ROTFLOL -- BUT SO TRUE!!

• observador
  • observador
    observador
    Bro. Jaracz says now get a good nights rest nd be ready to work tomorrow. Everyone laughed because they know they will be all night crying or thinking about the new arrangement. The chariot is changing directions right?

Zack, yesidid, startingover, please keep us posted on this.

Here are the other links re. this topic:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/104639/1.ashx
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/104682/1.ashx

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The bethellites in my congo are always working Bethel Overtime and Saturdays. Things we are condemned to do in the worldly workplace.

they miss 1/3 the meetings

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Matthew 24:40-41:"Then two men will be in the field:one will be taken along and the other be abandoned;two women will be grinding at the hand mill:one will be taken along and the other be abandoned"

I don't think they'll run out of scriptures to cover their asses.But as I've said already,they are ...slowly imploding... .

Goldminer

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Bethelites have worked for the system that systematically destroyed my family. I sure wouldn't say I wish any of them bad experiences as a reward for their work. The Bethelites have worked hard to be sure they have nothing. I'm sure the local congregation Witnesses will be happy to fork over their 401k's to the unemployed Bethelites. :-)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I am conflicted. In a way I feel sorrow for the poor souls getting the boot.

On the other hand I feel like they deserve to receive for them selves, what they had a hand in doing to the rank and file jw's.

This will have to cause a lot of confusion in the minds of these now "ex bethelites". They may from now on be spoken of as "ex-bs" .

On the other hand there are sure to be many angry confused vindictive persons with inside knowledge of the wbts. They may become ex-bs apostates. If so, they would wield more importance in their family and friends than we and other victims receive.

If they start to tell the tales to be told and reveal their mistreatment from being booted out into this cruel old world.

Imagine a world in which the WBTS is suffering a large loss of respect from the many relatives and friends of these now ex-bs as they make their way home with tales to tell

Outoftheorg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit