Bethel Downsizing Again!

by zack 74 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It will be interesting to see who gets sent home. They can't just send all the grunts home - they do all the work. And they can't send all the heavies home because they are the ones running things. Brooklyn has appx. 3300 Bethelites, Wallkill 1400, and Patterson 1200. It seems they will send a lot of "middle-weights" (8+ years seniority) home because a lot of these are married with their wives wiling away their lives doing menial housekeeping tasks - surely disposable in their eyes. Housekeeping could reduce personell by 3/4's if they installed young males to clean the rooms - not because the sisters don't work hard, but because young brothers can be pressured to work harder and faster without fear of reprisal. Much time and energy is spent keeping these poor sisters happy and taken care of - they are not pressured to work harder like the brothers are. Also, a lot of "middlewieghts" occupy fake jobs. What do I mean by fake? Well, I have personally seen department overseers create jobs for these said middleweights if they have expressed dissatisfaction with their assignment and if they are "in" with the dept. overseer. A lot of these "created" jobs could easily be dispensed with. For example, semi-important white-collars have trained back-ups in case they go on vacation, sick leave, etc. These back-ups may have nothing else to do - just a back-up with no primary position.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Jehovah is gonna be giving out the pink slips.

Why do they keep telling the "young ones" to reach out for Bethel service? I guess it looks good in the magazines. Just like printing in the Watchtower that people need to "Reach Out" for Gilead. What are the chances of ever getting to go to that? Totally lame.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Supply and demand my friend. If the bethel jobs are few and highly sought after only the elite will be successful. Therefore the WBTS can publish any thing they want regarding what a blessing it is to be a member of the bethel society. It will only make the ones who are fortunate enough to serve that much more important in the eyes of the average rank and file Dub.

P.S. drew, I love the avatar!

• r51785
    r51785

I'm sure that no lawyers will be sent home.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I agree, r51875!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Just received this: Big changes at Bethel. Bros VanDeWall, Jaracz, Pierce and Weaver gave a talk to the Bethelites after the Watchtower Study. They wanted everyone to be there so made an announcement ahead of time. The emphasis is being put more on the field and they are going to start to drastically reducethe number of Bethelites. Some will be sent to Gilead, some as sub CO's
    some as CO's. They asked them to please accept the assignment because itis as if it's a Bethel assignment.
    Some will be sent out as Sp. pioneers some as foreign Bethelites but not as BIFS, permanent Bethel assignments.

The older ones too will be able to do telephone witnessing in Bethel and those who can will be going out in service one day a week. What a loving

arrangement. Sounds exciting. Bro. Jaracz says now get a good nights rest nd be ready to work tomorrow. Everyone laughed because they know

they will be all night crying or thinking about the new arrangement. The chariot is changing directions right?

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I'm sure that no lawyers will be sent home.

Sent home?!?!? Bethel IS their home!

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    They wanted everyone to be there so made an announcement ahead of time. The emphasis is being put more on the field and they are going to start to drastically reducethe number of Bethelites. Some will be sent to Gilead, some as sub CO's some as CO's. They asked them to please accept the assignment because itis as if it's a Bethel assignment.

This should be interesting. Axel

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I always like to start the New Year off with some encouraging GOOD NEWS!!!

LOL, we all do. Where is the champagne?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Metatron, can you give me some info on this 1.55 millon dollar settlement? I'm new here and would love to read this one. Thanks in advance. If anyone else has this info they can send it also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit