Bethel Downsizing Again!

by zack 74 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Actually, I think that cost could very well be the factor. Even though bethelites get paid next to nothing, there is significant cost in feeding and housing them. In fact, I would suspect that for the cost of taking care of a bethelite and providing a stipend, they could probably hire approximately 50% of a person, who would likely be much more efficient. Ultimately, I would bet that they could contract out the printing jobs for less than their internal cost.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Oh, and for the Watchtower study, the best scriptural analogy is here:

1 Samuel 13:2

"Saul chose three thousand men from Israel; two thousand were with him at Micmash and in the hill country of Bethel, and a thousand were with Jonathan at Gibeah in Benjamin. The rest of the men he sent back to their homes."

This scripture and the one about Gideon would be perfect for them. Remember, you heard it here first.

• wiegel
    wiegel

Will this be a prelude to telling the congregations that they can now cut down on their donations? Might as well spread the cost-cutting across the board, yeah?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I would like ot hear the parallel between Noah's day and this here, but probably not. I would assume that machinery is replacing people, you can do the same work with like 5 members instead of the usual 50. As for cutting down on the donations....HA, do you think the machinery fixes itself?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Let's add to the list of reasons why they are laying off Bethelites:

Liability issues

Remember the $1.55 million settlement? Everyone of these folks who drives a car is a huge liability waiting to happen.

Volunteers, my butt...

Another liability would be workman's compensation. Even if they are volunteers, companies are still required to pay workman's comp if a worker is injured on the job. When we hire unpaid interns our liability insurance goes up because of this. I could imagine the number of on the job injuries they have at Bethel working on machinery.

• FairMind
    FairMind

It will be interesting to see how the WTS continues on the new road they have chosen. The big question I have though is "what the hell is a 411K"?

Thats gotta suck, no 411k, no pension
  • Gerard
  • Gerard
    Gerard

It is all about money, and will clean up their lines in the process.

Man at doctor office, two sick men in background

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Society claims to be blessed by God because of it's growth. Other groups that had similar or higher growth are not blessed by God because they are not teaching the doctrine God loves. Then the Society changes the doctrine. The Society teaches that they are blessed and loved by God, but their necessary components and extensions are not blessed by God.

Examples of necessary components are the grocery suppliers and the makers of the printers ink and the makers of the soap used in the laundry. Examples of an extension are the paid lobbyists and non Witness contractors and suppliers like the German corporation that manufactures their printing presses.

The printer is blessed and "used by Jehovah" but the maker of the ink and the maker of the printing press is not used by Jehovah or appointed. The writer of the text is used by Jehovah but she must remain anonymous. They support this nonsense by quoting a poem from The Bible who's writers did not need to remain anonymous.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Here's a web page from a book-making company working for the WT:

http://www.mullermartini.com/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-155/294_read-1914/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit