Christmas Eve, what are you doing tonight?

by JH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

This morning I got up and made some Mocha Biscotti and some Pecan Butter Tart Squares. Santa™ really likes those.

I have 3 more gifts to wrap, and stockings to fill. Once it gets dark, we make some hot chocolate and tea, and we take a drive around the area to a nearby street that does elaborate Christmas decorations. We're having tourtière for supper, with some vegetables and potatoes.... the traditional French-Canadian Christmas Eve dinner.

Then I'm going to work on some knitting while we watch The Polar Express, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and It's A Wonderful Life. We'll have some Bailey's Irish Cream and test some of the biscotti (we have to make sure we don't give Santa™ a tummy-ache).

After that, it's off to bed.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Going to Unity Church with my sister then home to start cooking cookies and drinking eggnog and such.

Bryan

• blondie
    blondie

We have having a nice turkey dinner together cooked by my talented hubbie, Irreverent. We have our cards displayed and the lights around the mantel and the fire is lit. Hubbie is making brandy old-fashioneds and Nat King Cole is singing Christmas favorites. Winter snow surrounds the house and the neighbors lights will soon be coming on. Then we will open our gifts to each other. Wish you could be here for dinner, JH. Blondie and Irreverent

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Well I wont go on about the pre-Xmas lunch I had today, only to say that it included ham and turkey, two kinds of stuffing, and finished with sticky toffee pudding It was a beautiful day and I could barely get on my bike after all that food!

At 11:30pm I'm going to the local Town Hall to a Watchnight service, where I'm giving the short lecture. I've been given open dispensation to include anything I want to do with the JWs, though I won't belabour the point with it being Xmas n all. I'll probably just include some tear-jerking comment about never being able to celebrate it, and how Christmas shouldn't be about false Christs Apparently it's going out on local live radio!

Tomorrow I'll be having Lunch and Dinner with friends, and the same on Boxing Day (Monday). Gotta luv the holidays!!!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This time around it will be a quiet holiday for me tonight. My partner, her mom and her sis are going out to dinner and I'll be babysitting her sis's daughter, Maddie, age 9. We'll probably have some hot cocoa and play Final Fantasy IX, our mutually favorite game. We already watched Polar express. I could have gone to dinner as well, but Kim and her mom and sis used to get together every Christmas eve, the daughters and mom's (including until last year with her grandma who passed on). This is now going to be the second Christmas without her grandma and I just thought it would be nice for them to have it that way so that they can reminisce and so include her in that way.

Its funny, this year it just doesn't seem like Christmas, right now its almost 60 outside. I may put on some Christmas music and see if I can get in the mood!

Blessings to all of you on your various holidays tonight, tomorrow and this week!

Sherry

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Having dinner with my girlfriend.

Opening presents tonight.

Before I became a Witness my family opened all our gifts on Christmas Eve.

This will be my first Christmas celebration since 1972.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Counting down the time to opening my presents!

Ian

• Bryan
    Bryan

This is my first Christmas with one of my own children!

I'm a happy daddy!

Bryan

• Ellie
    Ellie

Ive just finished wrapping the last of the presents and started a trifle for pudding tomorrow, then I tried mulled wine which is so disgusting, so I'm sitting at my pc with a glass of Baileys and some snacks.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Just staying home with the cat. I have a turkey roast which someone gave me, and it's in the oven as we speak. I'm also going to bake some bread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit