Christmas Eve, what are you doing tonight?

by JH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Merry X-mas everyone!

Today was an unseasonably warm day here in NE Ohio. This morning I printed out a bunch of pictures of the kids that we inserted into picture frame for gifts to family members. Then I went to the grocery store and bought some walnuts for my wife to make kolachi with (she makes the best, it's to die for). That will be our X-mas morning breakfast.

It was so warm today that I fired up the motorcycle and went for a short ride around the neighborhood. I didn't want to quit riding because I was having such a good time but I had already decided that I wanted to wash the vehicles. I washed my wife's van and my Mustang before the sun went down. Had to get the salt off the cars.

Now Im starting to unwind. My wife and I just finished bathing our twins. Im sipping on a Jack and Coke and taking in the forum. Soon the kids will be in bed. My wife and I will then eat our dinner (left over burritos from last night's dinner), wrap the kid's presents and call it a night. I'm looking forward to watching the kids tear open ther presents in the morning. I'm also looking forward to digging into that kolachi.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I spent Christmas Eve day working and then evening playing poker with my bf's parents. I'm full of cold so I didn't drink anything but tea and beechams while they all had champagne and port. First Christmas Eve I haven't been totally wrecked in years - it was cool. Tomorrow morning we will have champagne and scottish salmon and eggs benedict for breakfast before going to collect the granddaughter. May open some presents, because the inlaws are like children and can't wait. I just am not even curious about my presents. Then we'll have roast lamb and a huge ham with trimmings for dinner about 5pm. None of us are big fans of turkey. I'll probably get very drunk.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Drinking egg nog adn watching a John Wayne movie. How sad.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Being with some company drinking, eating and singing/dancing. Letting out steam.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Same as I do every year spend it with me, myself & I...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just back from the Watchnight service, and it went well

As I finished the midnight bells started, so perfect timing - I probably need to work on gestures next

• Mary
    Mary

Hmmmm..........I just got back from a Christmas/housewarming party at some ex-Dubs house. The food/h'orderves were awesome! Bacon wrapped waterchestnuts baked in a homemade bbq sauce, swedish meatballs, cheese and cracker plates, pickle/relish trays, veggie trays and dips, sweets galore and of course, pu-lenty of alcohol ......I couldn't stay too long because I have to bake for tomorrow.......everyone's having a Christmas feast family gathering tomorrow at my JW parents home, like we do every year and the 26th, I'm going over to another ex-Dubs place for a nice dinner.........

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Well, the family Christmas party needs to be on Monday or else my JW refused to come. Go figure.

So tonight, I am sitting at the computer, listening to the christmas party going on in the appartement next door, with tomato paste in my hair in a last desperate attempt to make the greenish tint go away.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Well we just had the kids over and had supper and a few drinks, called the rest of the family to wish everyone merry xmas and watched a couple of xmas movies and hubby just drove them home!

AHHHHHHHHH...It was a good evening!

MERRY XMAS everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm baking Chocolate Pecan Pies and a Walnut Crunch Caramel Bourbon Cheesecake for tomorrow. Gifts are wrapped and swamping the tree.

Daughter is "doing" the rest of the dinner and we're going to relatives tomorrow to eat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit