Journal of Church and State: WT NO-BLOOD EXPOSE'

by AndersonsInfo 328 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover
    It is funny that he posts something and people take it for Gospel.

Playing Devil's advocate ( which I love doing ): The opinion in question was written by one person and a lot of people are taking it for Gospel as well.

Two way street.

• sf
    sf

Ha! Ritchie!! If that picture doesn't get you dfed, I'm not sure what would.

sKally

• richard
    richard
    Some other articles that have been published in earlier editions if the Journal of Church & State:
    "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Empire of the Sun: A Clash of Faith and Religion During World War II" (# 1, 2002)
    "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Responsibility of Religious Freedom: The European Experience" (#3, 2001)
    "Restrictions on Religious Training and Exposure in Child Custody and Visitation Orders: Do they protect of harm the Child?" (#4, 2003)
    All have been authored by Carolyn Wah, associate general counsel for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society
    I'm glad to hear about this; any peer-reviewed literature that helps show the true nature of the Witnesses is a very good thing

mmm ...

• Es
    Es

wow this is great stuff... thanks Barbara

es

• Stealth
    Stealth
    It is the lying that will cause the Watchtower to go out of business. What if there will be no lawsuits? Most likely there will be many. However, it is the LYING of the Watchtower that will cause it to lose credibility and without credibility no one will listen to "new light" or read new WT books.

The Watchtower has been lying for well over a hundred years now.

Good people have been exposing those lies for well over a hundred years now.

This is nothing new.

There are still millions that listen to "new light" and read WT books.

Buisness is good for the WT.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

I haven't had time to read the comments on this thread or elsewhere. I have been too busy today working. I just wanted to pop in and state that my earlier posts were not a "legal analysis" or critque of the paper as i have not had a chance to read it in full yet.

My previous comments were meant to address only the issue of whether the tort of Misrepresentation can really serve as basis for a lawsuit, which is what i have assumed to be the gist of the essay in question.

My comments were written by me late last night and were probably a little scattered and unfocused. I have been thinkng about this through the day and will have a bit more to add later this evening when I have a chance to sit down and get my thoughts together.

The point I wanted to make at this moment in addition to the above is that as I said in another post/thread, I think that the article, any article written by an academic or professional is useful and good because it adds to the body of literature regarding Jehovah's Witnesses and hopefully to our understanding of the group.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Cool. Please don't hate me when you read my comments about your posts yesterday.

AuldSoul

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't have anything to add here really, just a thank you to the people who aren't big lazy-asses like myself and therefore are actually taking action to make the religious racket known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society accountable for the lives that have been tragically cut short as a result of their sleazy, deceptive recruiting and indoctrination practices.

Barbara and Kerry, you both are heroes.

• cheezy
    cheezy
    the religious racket known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society accountable for the lives that have been tragically cut short as a result of their sleazy, deceptive recruiting and indoctrination practices.

Dan,

I sense that you're holding back.............tell us how you really feel.................

• beksbks
    beksbks

You said it!! Dan you are indeed the Man!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit