1 Timothy 2:6

by defd 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

AuldSoul:Was he actually given a command? Or was he rather not informed that there would be a consequence to one of his choices?

Coincidentally, I was discussing similar points to those that you raise, just last night (incl Rom.3:20).

Yaddayadda:

I've already been over this. Perfect doesn't equate to sinless. That's a JW-ism. Perfection is a standard. Sin is a "falling short of the standard". It's possible to exceed the standard.

Therefore the term "sinless" would be equivalent to "falling-short-less", which is a bit of a mouthful. What's wrong with just using the word for it, rather than attempting synonyms? That word would be "perfect".

Some examples of perfection:

• Loud Lamborghini Countach
    • Flawed 1ct diamond ring
    • Pint of Guinness
    • Shabby childhood teddy bear
  • cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Interestingly, God states that: 22 "And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken." So does this suggest that at this time man was unable to live forever? Certainly up to this point he was without sin, as the only law in place whereby he can fall short was to eat of the fruit of the tree he was comanded not to.

What's being implied is that if man hadn't have sinned he would have lived forever if that is the case would he have also not known good and evil too? In fact if he didnt know this knowledge as its called how could he be perfect in that he didnt know moral's and therefore couldnt decide to live a good or evil way?

• defd
    defd

I have to draw a picture to explain one of my peeves with the JW doctrine. We assume that perfect people would not sin Sometimes I think JW's confuse perfect bodies and a perfect life and perfect health with a sinless life.&

We do not believe perfect people cannot sin as you ASSUME we think. I certainly NEVER said that. Or sticking with our discussion. Adam and Eve were created WITHOUT sin. With out the EFFECTS of sin ( Getting sick and dying). They were perfect. No DEFECT until they SINNED! People Assume too much about us then BASE their opinion on us and spread it to others according to THIER OPINION and not actually what we believe.

D.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    People Assume too much about us then BASE their opinion on us and spread it to others according to THIER OPINION and not actually what we believe.

LOL!

Oh Defd! Can't you see that's EXACTLY what the WTS does! It does it with their view of churches especially.

But Derrick, it gets my vote as the priceless comment of the day!

Good one!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Your petticoat is showing - "we" and "us" is hive mentality. What do YOU think?

• defd
    defd

LT I am not independent of the brotherhood.

D.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Defd...are you excited about the Big News that is about to break?

• defd
    defd

Excited not really. Curious and interested , Yes! When will it happen?

D.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I believe she said this week, it sounds like it is waiting on something to be finished being published or something!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If you were of the "anointed" I'd agree that you might have a point, in a spiritual sense (body of Christ, etc.). As it happens. according to WTS doctrine you're not actually a sheep until the last day...

You might have labelled yourself with the name of a religion, complete with group-think, but I suspect you're better than that.

So, you never explained how you are interpreting Deut.32, and came up with Adam being perfect...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit