THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sf
    sf

Ted and his minions were never on the case.

sKally

• Kaput
    Kaput

BETSAN POWYS (BBC REPORTER): It was a long conversation and we asked if he'd be prepared to answer the same questions on camera. He refused. So it was back to America and back to a Jehovah's Witness convention in Tulsa. We'd been told we'd find a member of the Governing Body here. Ted JARACZ is one of the men responsible for the church's child protection policy. For more than two months we've been asking them for an interview. We want answers to some simple questions. Why do they keep their database of suspected pedophiles secret? Why don't they report all allegations of abuse to the police? Why do they send children back to the arms of their abusers? They refused to talk to us. But here at last we had our chance. Mister JARACZ, tell me about the database. How do you justify keeping a list of people, men in some cases who have confessed to pedophilia, but you have not reported them to the authorities. What justification is there for you to keep that list?

TED JARACZ (MEMBER OF THE SUPREME GOVERNING BODY OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES): You know, you're from Britain. You have a privacy law. You have a directive from the European Union. You observe that, don't you?

BETSAN POWYS (BBC REPORTER): So when allegations of abuse are made, is it alright to keep them private?

TED JARACZ (LEADING MEMBER OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES): I think you were answered. That question was answered strictly to your satisfaction.

BETSAN POWYS (BBC REPORTER): Can you answer it now?

TED JARACZ (LEADING MEMBER OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES): I'm not going to repeat. I'll just tell you exactly and you will see it in writing. It is all in print. You know the Bible says "Do not go beyond the things that are written."? We don't go beyond the things that are written.

BETSAN POWYS (BBC REPORTER): And that was that. No doubt, no second thoughts. Just a simple belief that Jehovah will sort it out, a belief for which others, younger and more vulnerable, may continue to pay a price.

BILL BOWEN (JEHOVAH'S WITNESS ELDER 1984-2000): They're living in denial, denial of what's happening to their children, and it's not a matter.. you see, if they accept that, then they accept that there is a problem. So rather than admit that there's a problem, they will just let children go on and continue to be molested and not do anything about it.

The above is an excerpt from the transcript of BBC/Panorama-Suffer The Little Children (2002). Ted "RULES"!

• Ticker
    Ticker

Well I guess we'll wait and see how big this news will become but again I do not see a mass exodus in this and unless some judge decides to change the tides and allow a relgion to be tried for its teachings this won't go as far as ones have stated. This will not have any effect on the indoctrinated witness! Im sorry but it will not jar their minds and will not draw them out in mass exodus, never. They will merely dismiss it as another of Satan's attacks on their Organization.

Ticker

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Ticker is right. Anyway, there`s not a JW in the world that has ever read a 40-page legal document, expecially not one printed in something called "Journal of church and state": However, that`s not the point. The point is that this essay might prove to be an important tool in suing the WTS for damages for loss of loved ones, due to the blood doctrine. And if that happens, the WTS is in big trouble. Here in Europe, the impression we have of the U.S. legal system, is pretty strange. We kind of have the impression, that in the U.S., if you burn your tongue on a too hot coffee at mcDonals, you can sue them for millions of dollars, LoL.. This might be an exagerated prejudice on our part, but on the other hand, it`s not that far from the truth. Look at the tobacco companies, they`ve had to pay out hundreds of millions in damages. And compared to the tobacco companies, even the mighty WTS is just a little kid. IF there is presedence set, in a court of law, then there is no limits to how far this go! In 10 years, the WTS could have to file for bankruptsy. And then, where`s the congos over the world gonna get their magazines from, ha ha! They`re gonna drop out of the sky like manna from heaven? I don`t think so! The fact is: Without the WTS, the JW-religion is nothing, and would soon fall apart. How many times could you read last years Awakes? It`s hard enough to have to read thru that crap just once. Take down the WTS - and the rest will follow!

• IW
    IW

I think Barbara should be applauded for her courage and her strength. She has proven her worth and her integrity many times over.

If some feel she gravely erred on the side of optimism then friends go out and find your own piece of revelation about the Org. and publish it! Better to err as she did than to have never publicly and forcefully presented ourselves in the forefront. It's easy to criticize when we mostly do our bit in our own little world where no one sees our blunders but us.

Barbara put herself out there! Let it go already!

IW

• gumby
    gumby
    The point is that this essay might prove to be an important tool in suing the WTS for damages for loss of loved ones, due to the blood doctrine. And if that happens, the WTS is in big trouble.

It's funny many just can't get this.

*wonders if many aren't still window washer minded*

Gumby

• IW
    IW

Greetings Gumby,

*wonders if many aren't still window washer minded*

Would you please expound on the window washer analogy?

Thanks so much.

IW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Old Grumbatious likes clean windows!

• IW
    IW

Thanks Ozzie,

I thought maybe he was speaking from experience. Oh well....wrong again.

IW

• sf
    sf

kaput,

That doesn't mean he is on any case.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit