THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeDa
    JeDa

hoi ozzie

Hoe komt het dat jij daar downunder nederlands praat???wat leuk.

How do you know netherlands downunder?how nice!

Bedankt voor je leuke antwoord!

Thanks for your nice reply!

Greetings JeDa

• moshe
    moshe

I did a Google "news alert" for the word Watchtower at the beginning of the week. So far, no news sources have had any stories about the WTB&TS- nothing, nada, zip- good or bad. At present this BIG NEWS is only important to Ex-JW's. If lawyers get involved, then I am sure this will change.

peace,

Moshe

• Ticker
    Ticker

Welcome to the board JeDa.

Ticker

• Emma
    Emma

I wonder if this will set the gb scurrying to say the blood stance is purly Biblical; it doesn't matter what secular/medical authorities say because it is bible-based. It may force them to back off on misusing outside information to "prove" refusing blood is so much healthier.

Hopefully, in the meantime, some may see that the wts say and use anything to attempt to back up what they say. Since they've been deceitful with the blood information, maybe some will ask, "what else have they twisted and spun" to prove their point. I hope so. I hope this will cause a crack in the foundation.

Emma

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome JeDa.

It's very nice to have you here. I am so sorry about your Mom and the heartache you have gone through. We are certainly seeing a good amount of Newbies here though, since this all began to emerge!

Do you think the WTBS "is crapping itself" right now as you wrote previously?

I think that a lesson in recognizing "tenses" is needed now......

The WTBS "will crap itself" (future tense)

The WTBS "craps itself" (present tense)

The WTBS "has crapped itself" (past tense)

Too late to change "the crap" now.........

Annie

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

How 'bout, "has done crapped itself"?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    So Jourles,

Are you going to retract your earlier statements about "how big this news" was since you posted a number of times how big it was yourself? Do you think the WTBS "is crapping itself" right now as you wrote previously? You don't think some of your own statements may have created too high of an expectation?

Would it make you feel better if I retracted my previous statements? Am I causing you to lose sleep over my statements? From what I recall, I did not attack anyone personally or misrepresent myself or my stance - items that would merit an apology or retraction. If you read all of my previous posts on this thread, the very first one stated:

I would just prefer to keep my hopes low because I know how well JR Brown works the crowd. If the news is phenomenal and the WTS gets seriously hurt by it, well, I'll be much happier because I won't be expecting it.

But due to my own personal nature, I was very curious as to what the news would have been about and offered several theories, as everyone else did, as to what it could be. Before I was even in the loop, I attempted to dissect Barb's comments to figure out what this "news" could possibly affect. As you know, my guess regarding blood was correct. It was then a matter of figuring out how the blood doctrine was going to be represented in this "big news." To me, when "big news" breaks, it should be something that I have never heard of before. As I mentioned previously, I was a little disappointed with the content of this "big news." The majority of the content isn't new. Most of us here already know the arguments both for and against the blood doctrine. Mrs. Wood simply added a legal aspect to it that may help pave the way for future lawsuits. This too isn't necessarily a brand new idea. In the past, there have been lawsuits brought against the WTS over the loss of loved ones regarding the blood doctrine. What Mrs. Wood did was bring a theory to the table that hasn't been used before against the WTS - misrepresenting secular facts which lead to the deaths of an unknown amount of JWs. As far as if an attorney decides to bring a suit against the WTS, we will have to wait and see. I would expect Mrs. Wood herself to do it first since it was her idea. And something else EO, I just went back and read through my posts to see how I might have set expectations high for other people. For one, I have no control how other people will take my comments into consideration. All of my posts have a similar theme - I figured it was going to be about blood, and I merely offered my own opinions/guesses as to how it could be "big." Big to me means that the news would have needed to hit one of my guesses. The GB "crapping" themselves would also mean that one of my guesses would have to be cemented. For JR Brown to offer "no comment" would mean that the news would have to be scandalous in nature - which ties into my guesses again. If some people took my guesses and felt that they were going to be correct, that was premature. You need to know that I also follow The Apprentice. Both my wife and I watch the episode and then dissect the pros and cons of the various contestants just prior to their "firing." What I do with The Apprentice is the same as what I did here over the last few days. I try and figure out from the contestant's performance if they will be fired or not. I go back and forth with my wife trying to guess what reasons Trump will use to fire or keep someone. I merely did the same here. Most people who know me on this board, either personally or just from my posts over the years, know that the blood doctrine is the primary issue I have with the WTS. No other doctrine can literally kill. So when I first heard that this news was going to be about the blood doctrine, I thought we would have a fierce new weapon to use. Unfortunately, this weapon is not ideal for use with your r&f JW. This is what I was hoping for. Coupled with the idea that it would offer something new that we had not known previously, such as a GB member accepting a transfusion and keeping it hidden from the r&f, something of that nature would really have opened the eyes of a JW. But since it only offered a legal route to possibly bring lawsuits against the WTS, it is not of great use to present to friends and relatives, at least in my opinion. I have already presented the same arguments to friends and relatives that Mrs. Wood brought up regarding the medical issues. Sending the same information again, from an attorney, will not open their eyes any further. I do hope that someday this information will be useful to an attorney somewhere out there. The WTS has shielded itself quite well in the past couple of decades, thanks in part to their team of lawyers. All it takes is ONE successful lawsuit to hit the WTS over the blood doctrine and that should be the beginning of the end for them. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see them tack yet again and allow even more blood components down the road(would make them look better in court). I honestly feel that they have a roadmap/timeframe of eventually making the decision a matter of conscience. How fast they reach the end of that timeframe, only a few people know.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Jeda!

Nice to hear the bOrg is losing it's grip!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Enigma

Please take this as a benign comment from one irascible bastard to another... one who has thus far quite liked the posts of yours that I recall and who utterly endorses your right to do what you're doing.

My question is this; who peed in your Cheerios? You're grinding that axe so well all you have is a handle!

1. I don't know if this idea will work.
    2. You don't know if the idea will work.
    3. Eduardo doesn't know if the idea will work.
    4. Jourles doesn't know if the idea will work.
    5. Auld Soul doesn't know if this idea will work.
    6. The author doesn't know if the idea will work.

However, the peer reviewers didn't think their credibility would be undermined by allowing it to be published, so obviously some serious legal heads think it has a chance.

ALL OF THIS (not just you, and I do include me) is pissing in the wind unless we get the idea tested in court. It is not of interest to Joe Public at this time, it has to get "juicey", and that won't happen to any great extent until it gets to court - or more likely until and IF the first case is succesful.

Now, if the 'cabal' who have put this together have no plan, then I'll join you in criticising; I have kinda wondered;

• why the release doesn't have a phone number manned by the cabal so press can contact someone outside of the University's publication order fufilment team (as nice as they are),
    • why the media people I speak to are unaware of it,
    • why the import of the essays stance being vindicated by a court case was not presented within the release in context,
    • why the deaths due to the blood policy were not presented as background information.

It's certainly not how I would prepare a press release. But I'm not in PR, I've just received press releases occasionally.

I admit my assumption is that there is a phase 2, and that 'wait and see' is the best option (other than a couple of small things I've done pout of curiosity to see what reaction they get/got). Obviously the 'cabal' aren't going to fill us in on their plan in a forum like this - it would be like mailing your Team's playbook to the oppostion.

At this stage what is happening in this thread and others is that presumption is fighting assumption, with suppositon and here-say calling encouragement from the sides. I know I can get over-excited about politics and science debates and carry on arguing over where a comma was in a sentence or who said what when and how stooooopid that makes them look. But none of that really matters as the conclusion of such debates rarely if ever causes major change in anyone.

On this subject, we seem to be losing track of who the bad guys are. And with this subject, the outcome could have a VERY big impact. I think we should respect each other's right to have a differing opinion on this, but try to stay on the same team.

We will know in a few days (the rumoured special talk) if they are reacting quickly or if that's blind chance. I have some fun opinions about them reacting quickly but I'll reserve those for now.

And the correct form of that sentence is;

At this time the WTBS have POTENTIALLY crapped themselves. The only way we will know if they ARE/HAVE/WILL crapping/crapped/crap themselves is by opening the box, whereupon the quantum state of the feces will be apparent.

Shrodingers Shit I think it's called, but I'm not very up to date on Quantum Physhits...

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    We will know in a few days (the rumoured special talk) if they are reacting quickly or if that's blind chance. I have some fun opinions about them reacting quickly but I'll reserve those for now.

And the correct form of that sentence is;

At this time the WTBS have POTENTIALLY crapped themselves. The only way we will know if they ARE/HAVE/WILL crapping/crapped/crap themselves is by opening the box, whereupon the quantum state of the feces will be apparent.

Shrodingers Shit I think it's called, but I'm not very up to date on Quantum Physhits...

Abaddon...

All I can say after reading this is..........I love you!

hugs,

Annie.........who enjoyed a huge laugh from your comment!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit