THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

At the beginning of How Can Blood Save Your Life? it reads...

"As you will see, the medical and moral aspects of using blood bear directly on how you can save your most valued possession: LIFE."

Then right before the medical information section it reads......

"Still, for years claims have been made that blood saves lives. Doctors can relate cases in which someone had acute blood loss but was transfused and then improved rapidly. So you may wonder, 'How wise or unwise is this medically?' Medical evidence is offered to support blood therapy. Thus, you owe it to yourself to get the facts in order to make an informed choice about blood. Still, for years claims have been made that blood saves lives. Doctors can relate cases in which someone had acute blood loss but was transfused and then improved rapidly. So you may wonder, 'How wise or unwise is this medically?' Medical evidence is offered to support blood therapy. Thus, you owe it to yourself to get the facts in order to make an informed choice about blood"

PEOPLE RELY ON THIS INFORMATION....IT SHOULD BE RIGHT

• gumby
    gumby

Hi IW....and a warm welcome since we haven't met.

Winow washers are those that will not jump out of their box...or accept their job as good enough since their comfort zone feels so nice.

Ozbastard, I ain't no window washer! I mighta did janitorial for a bit, but I only was a helper and helped out so's I could pioneer during the day like a dadgum zombie Every janitor dub I knew looked like they were half awake

Gumby

• IW
    IW

Gumby,

Winow washers are those that will not jump out of their box...or accept their job as good enough since their comfort zone feels so nice.

Alrighty then! Here I thought you were poking fun at JWs who do menial work....my bad.

I used to have a thing about that but it's been so long I've forgotten why. lol

Carry on!

IW

• Kaput
    Kaput

sKally;

Ted's nose is everywhere, as always. He is aware of, and involved with, anything of importance at HQ.

Kaput

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

While I await my hardcopy of the JCS, I thought I'd review How Can Blood Save Your Life. What does it say/imply about its medical veracity?

At the very start it states, "As you will see, the medical and moral aspects of using blood bear directly on how you can save your most valued possession: LIFE". A few pages later it says, "Still, for years claims have been made that blood saves lives. Doctors can relate cases in which someone had acute blood loss but was transfused and then improved rapidly. So you may wonder, 'How wise or unwise is this medically?' Medical evidence is offered to support blood therapy. Thus, you owe it to yourself to get the facts in order to make an informed choice about blood"

This brochure implies that it gives the facts! After all, isn't this "the Truth" religion. Then, the Society starts to give its medical advice. I can't wait to get this paper as it will show us how much the Society misrepresents the facts.

This brochure was written in the early 1990's. Fractions were around then, and were "accepted" by JWs. But, the medical alternative section does not mention them. The German man doesn't accept them in his blood card...and it shows his medical card But, right near the end of the brochure...the Society admits that JWs accept fractions. Shouldn't this be disclosed in the medical alternative section? Why bury it at the end, folks? Why be contradictory - accepted on one page and excepted on the other?

Auldsoul is right in that misrepresentation does not need to come only from economic transactions. Read Molko v. Unification Church out of the California Supreme Court. It's basic holding is that churches can not make misrepresentations (ESPECIALLY BIG ONES) when it's recruiting folks into a belief set without being held liable. I wonder if this is part of what this journal article hinges on....

I remember when I was indoctrinated, the blood issue was "saved for last...until the [recruit] had developed an appreciation for the Truth." Why was this the case? So, I'd accept what was "presented" to me without question. Once that hurdle was over, it was off to the doorbells...

So, how many more days until I get my copy?

Skeeter1

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Every janitor dub I knew looked like they were half awake

When i looked they were half asleep.

• sf
    sf

Kaput,

Respectfully, I am being cryptic when I say 'the case'.

Trust me, I'm well aware of how far his tenacles {and testicles} reach.

Take good care.

sKally

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yeah, Barbara - you got a thousand posts on your thread!!!

Woohoo!

• Ticker
    Ticker

No matter what the opinion, its too early to tell whether this has any real effect or not. I think it's best to see if the courts will first accept this before announcing total Watchtower meltdown, but by all means lets all suport this issue and do what we can. I hope all goes well with this and that it truly will be as huge as stated. This can be great but ones here are understandably a bit cautious at getting their hopes up. None the less we all cary on, and aplaud Barbara for her efforts. I would love to see the Watchtower answer for it's wrongs and hopefully this will be the route to making that a reality. I think all here support it totally, but are scared to get their hopes up yet.

I still maintain though that the average Witness will not be phased at all by this brochure, in fact after the Governing body finished demonizing the article as they did date line half the witnesses will run in fear from hearing its mention. Hope not but just remember the mindset, and it will be tought to crack.

Ticker

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I don't think they are going to mention this article to the masses, Ticker. I will be surprised if they do.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit