THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

One week to wait is nothing for ex-JWs who waited years for something that still hasn't come.

Think of ways you could spread the news when it comes.

Blondie

• seven006
    seven006

Barbra,

You are so bad! Flirting with the curiosity of neurotics. You should be a game show host. I’m almost tempted to call A.F. to find out what it is but there is a good movie coming on HBO pretty soon so I have to turn the TV on and go vedge on the couch. Iv waited twenty-one years to hear really good incriminating news about the watchtower mafia so one more week is nothing.

You are such a tease.

Take care,

Dave

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Think of ways you could spread the news when it comes.

Blondie"

It really depends on what the news is. Since this post was started in scandals/coverups, its going to be hard for me to bring it up with my friends and family. If it was a doctrinal change, we could all talk about it freely. But JW's are taught to be suspicious of any negative news directed toward the WTS, in fact, to not listen to it at all. So how do I bring it up (whatever it may be) to my ultra-zealot family without looking like an apostate whereupon I would lose credibility and also experience a shit-storm of trouble?

• Golf
    Golf

>
    Barbara, this reminds me of the ploys I used when giving talks, make it suspenseful!!!!! I just love it. Like a good movie, I'm anticipating the curtain to open. I'll have my popcorn and pepsi beside me. Thanks for the coming attractions.

'Gone with the Wind' is one of my favorites. I always wanted to see a follow up and now we have it, 'Gone With WTB&TS!'

Golf

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    I'm was having a bit of fun with my teasers although the subject of the Big News is not funny. That's the one and only hint I'm giving. But I might be misleading you. You'll know next week! Oh, and don't worry about WT figuring out what is going on because I want them to worry about what is going on!

Even more reason to celebrate on New Years?

• glitter
    glitter

For it to reach JWs it has to be something that doesn't rely on the Internet for verification. Dream scenario would have to be something they can't avoid seeing or reading independantly - something newsworthy in the non-JW world.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Big News....

Armageddon is coming and the Tower will be destroyed!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

To hoodwink and lie to the members--that would be headline news,

To hoodwink and lie to the government officials--That would be HUGE Headline news.

We are waiting patiently!

YC

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    if I was still a JW and found out about this, I really believe I would immediately walk away from the WT and never look back.

I'm looking forward to this...consider me teased!

I am reminded though:

“All forms of dedication, devotion loyalty and self-surrender are in essence a desperate clinging to something which might give worth and meaning to our futile, spoiled lives. Hence the embracing of a substitute will necessarily be passionate and extreme. We can have qualified confidence in ourselves, but the faith in our nation, religion, race or holy cause has to be extravagant and uncompromising. A substitute embraced in moderation cannot supplant and efface the self we want to forget. We cannot be sure that we have something worth living for unless we are ready to die for it. This readiness to die is evidence to ourselves and others that what we had to take as a substitute for an irrevocably missed or spoiled first choice is indeed the best there ever was.” - True Believer, Eric Hoffer

Yeah...Although I believe the WT is already imploding slowing, I still tragically remain a cynic as I lament over the more gullible aspects of human nature...but I hope whatever it is gets some of my family seeing (or admitting to) the light. I am eagerly awaiting the news though!

Axelspeed

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Can't wait. Do I *have* to??

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit