THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember studying that Watchtower! I totally believed it. Remember mentioning a couple of the points to my doctor. He laughed at me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Saoirse. Welcome to the forum!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Daniel-P

sorry, you have to regularly attend meetings to find out about the upcoming Special talks.!!

Pope

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

sorry, you have to regularly attend meetings to find out about the upcoming Special talks.!!

Yea, well, I was sick Tuesday night, er um.. I had stomach problems.. er actually I was just really depressed.

Hehe, ANYWAY. SO they announced the pre-announcment last Service Meeting?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The press generally does not give a rats ass about doctrinal issues within minor religions like the WTS, so I doubt it has anything to do with anything like that.

I strongly suspect it has something to do with the misappropriation of funds... funds donated by JWs for the "World Wide Work". This is something that the average JW will be pissed about and is something the press can get its teeth into.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I can't wait! Been trying to compose a letter to my sis all week. Since her 3rd son has just left the Org I feel I must say something. She is losing her own children due to the WT idiotic doctrine and I fear she will lose her daughter next--this would be too much for her I fear. So far she seems unmoved and still loyal to the Org. I am trying to be so very careful about what I say as she has already cut off communications with me just knowing that I havn't been going to meetings. I have heard that she feels I have left because I have let my emotions get the best of me even though she knows some of what I went through. She was an honor student in school and is very talented and smart in so many ways. I think she got caught up in it because of her insecurity. She is one of those who say "I think I would be dead if it wasn't for the WT".... I am trying to be gentle with her. It is heartbreaking to know that she is being taken advantage of and that her children have been pawns in the game too. I so much want the WT to get busted for something BIG. There are a lot of those who will be hurt though, such as my sis, but if it continues on it will only get worse and more damage will be done. Do hope it is something big enough that will cause a few more to snap out of their WT trance.

cybs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

MOney Money Money

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hi Saoirse. Welcome to the forum - there seems to be quite a few newbies on this thread

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The Katrina donations funds plead was: Give to the World wide work, and let us decide where we need the needs fit most!

They want us to be dumb, and give everything blindly

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If the risk factors promoted by JWs as legal basis for refusing transfusions have been hyped, at the least courts may be able to more freely act in the interests of the child of JW parents, no matter how much the child pleads to die instead. It could even relate to directed HIPAA violations on the part of the bOrg.

If that is the kind of issue we're talking, the experts would be medical professionals. The interested outlets would include Time, Discover, JAMA, etc. Other outlets that would need to be notified personally are hospital administrators, and local doctors/EMT's etc.

If it turns out to be a money/property thing, likely the experts are either financial watchgroups, FBI Fraud Task Force, or the IRS. Depending on the nature of the crime, it could make Time.

If it is a lack of neutrality that makes Association to the UN/DPI look like small potatoes, the experts would be whatever officials know of the involvement. Can't see this last one making Time.

My money is still riding on the blood issue, just because I can't think of another issue that would arouse media attention more than us writing in about children who have died over this retarded proscription against a medical practice. Plus, the synchronicity of the December KM article is just too much to hope for. We could fax it along with whatever pieces we come up with as current stand. Hard to recant something that recently released.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit