THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bebu
    bebu

Not having been a JW, I could not really 'get' Barb's great gleefulness that it was a woman who ferreted this out. Thanks to the comments above, my memory clicked in and it just sank into me what she meant! Headcovering (napkins, even!), being compared to cows, shut up and be submissive, second-class citizens... but those who are last will be first.

The irony here is delicious.

bebu

• Jandles
    Jandles

Hi, it would be great if the New Zealand media could be informed too - we didn't get any of the child abuse scandle at the time or the ngo thing.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"Rubble Without a Cause" - that was too funny!

Thanks,

S4

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Welcome Jandles!

We call 'em thongs here in Aus....yeah, I know

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome to the board Jandles

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Barbara,
    Good job, and miss you. I'm glad to see such a good response.

• sf
    sf

alt !!!!!

sKally

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Here is a picture of the Woman (ferret) bringing us an early holiday gift:

• ringo5
    ringo5

If this is about misinformation about blood, this has been around a long time. So I'm curious, but still doubt this will make much of a dent in the indoctrination of my family if it has anything to do with blood.

*** Watchtower 1961 September 15 pp.563-564 ***

PERSONALITY INFLUENCED

15 Those who are more inclined to rest their confidence in the learning of men than in the wisdom of God may feel that the care exercised in the selection of blood donors makes it possible to avoid all these dangers. But consider the facts. It will probably shock you to learn that the blood of dead people is being transfused into the bodies of hospital patients, but reports from Russia and Spain show that it is exactly what is done there; and even in the United States of America experiments have been conducted with transfusion of cadaver blood! Of course, that probably is not the practice in your community. But the magazine Time as of May 26, 1961, reports the case of a 49-year-old woman in the Pontiac General Hospital who was given two pints of blood from the cadaver of a 12-year-old boy who had drowned in a nearby lake and who had been dead from two and a half to three hours. Also, that as long ago as 1935 a doctor in a Chicago suburb had used a technique like that of the Russians, and that this American doctor accounted for about thirty-five cadaver-blood transfusions in two years. Perhaps the donor is one's own living relative, a reputable, clean-living individual. Does that assure safety? No; it will not remove the danger of a reaction due to incompatibility; nor does it guarantee that the individual may not be the carrier of some disease, perhaps even unknown to himself. In most cases, however, one who receives blood has no idea who the donor is. Some of it may come from healthy persons; some from alcoholics and degenerates. Criminals in jail are given the opportunity to donate their blood. For example, the New York Times of April 6, 1961, reported: "Inmates of Sing Sing Prison at Ossining will give blood to the Red Cross today." A commendable act? Perhaps not as beneficial to their fellow men as the community is led to believe.

16 When the Israelites were preparing to enter the Promised Land, Jehovah moved Moses to repeat to them his law forbidding the consumption of blood. As recorded at Deuteronomy 12:25, he said: "You must not eat it, in order that it may go well with you and your sons after you, because you will do what is right in Jehovah's eyes." An edition of the Pentateuch edited by J. H. Hertz has a footnote on that expression "that it may go well with you," which says: "Ibn Ezra suggests that the use of blood would have a demoralising effect upon the moral and physical nature, and pass on a hereditary taint to future generations." The point is an interesting one, and that it may apply in the matter of blood transfusions is testified to by medical doctors. For example, in his book Who Is Your Doctor and Why? Doctor Alonzo Jay Shadman says: "The blood in any person is in reality the person himself. It contains all the peculiarities of the individual from whence it comes. This includes hereditary taints, disease susceptibilities, poisons due to personal living, eating and drinking habits. . . . The poisons that produce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in the blood." And Dr. Américo Valério, Brazilian doctor and surgeon for over forty years, agrees. "Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes—these often follow in the wake of blood transfusion," he says. Yet it is acknowledged in the public press that organizations whose blood supply is considered reliable obtain blood for transfusion from criminals who are known to have such characteristics. Certainly no one who is trying to depart from the works of the flesh and use his life in the way that God directs through his Word is going to lay himself open to such a ruinous future.—Rom. 12:2; Eph. 4:22-24.

[Emphasis Added]

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

ringo,

Those were great "awful" quotes from the WTS. Maybe they are going to come back and haunt them. Let's hope. 'Bout time.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit