THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• defd
    defd

What a very insightful reasoning. You know more about God from this one statement that MIILIONS today have learned in a life time of teaching!

D.

• wombat
    wombat

WOW.........over 40,000 views and Dfd has finally found it.

• gumby
    gumby
    If this "big news" is released in book form, it doesn't matter if a JW, former JW, non-JW or a 2nd cousin twice removed from a JW wrote it, it will not make an impact upon most current JWs.

Dateline was a good example of this. Here was the most trusted name with the news.....and the society tells the publishers the media is spreading lies as a result of apostates. Many wouldn't watch the program.

I think were this a book....Seeker, Danny, and any others who know about this wouldn't be exited as they are and would feel as many do here about another anti-dub book. Hopefully this isn't the case, or credibility of future big news will have a black mark on it.

Gumby

• wombat
    wombat

Have you read much of the thread Defd?? It would be polite to do so before you begin commenting.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I have to agree with many others here, it will not do any good to publish a book or another dateline. This is going to have to go network news in order to do any real good, otherwise as said previously it will just be considered apostate literature.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

hi city fan! yeah i've seen pics of the cyber man and to be honest i'm not sure I like them yet - the old ones had a more emotion less look to them making them sinister - or is that just a childhood memory? I'll have to see what my kids make of it - they have been quite scared at the new series, which seeing it through their eyes is quite exciting to observe!

Arnie

Added the following: this must seem out of place in this thread, it was in fact a reply to city fan, and in no way intended to ignore the exciting prospect of the big news, I too have family that I wish could break free from the lies.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

just taking my morning view of the post

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hello Mr. Anderson! Welcome aboard.

You mentioned leaving it in the hands of "Jehovah" to take vengeance on the WT. Have you thought that perhaps Jehovah is working through the humans who are exposing the lies?

Old people in the JW faith will be hit hardest . Some will probably die of shock if the big news has the "desired" affect .

That wouldn't be the fault of the "Big News". That would be the fault of the lie that these people were told. Would you rather die believing a lie all your life than knowing the truth? I suppose it wouldn't make a difference in the long run. However, this "Big News" would have the potential to prevent others from dying, such as children who need blood transfusions.

There are always positives to negatives.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Seattleniceguy wrote: "No matter what the news is, people who are mentally unprepared to stop belief in the organization will not do so."
    Exactly what I've been trying to caution people. For some Witnesses, there is no announcemnt that will ever cause them to leave the Org, including this announcement.
    There has been a lot of nonsense and silliness on this thread, which is fine. It's part of the fun of expectation, as several have mentioned.
    This is much more than a new anti-JW book.
    Right now I'd suggest people relax until the announcement, don't get your hopes all out of the realm of reason, and wait for this to develop. Worries about getting this out to the press in an organized way are being taken care of..
    The WTS has faced huge scandals in the past, and survived. I have little doubt that it will survive in some way once again, though this could certainly make that much more difficult. What will eventually topple the Org is the weight of all the information that is available about the WTS, its teachings, etc. Like I said earlier, we've already brought the growth to a standstill in dozens of countries. That will continue.

S4

• gumby
    gumby
    Would you rather die believing a lie all your life than knowing the truth?

Frankly Nos, I believe many would.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit