THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wombat
    wombat

Bonnie.........You said "I love the internet". My Mum is in her late eighties (there family, you know who I am now), and hates the WTBTS with a vengence. Last night when this story first broke she got out of bed at 2.00am and got me to read her the latest posts. She reckons that if she could see a computer screen I wouldn't have a chance to use it. She is determined to live until this bad org collapses. (So I guess that I hope that it doesn't collapse for a long time. Besides, I'd miss this board). Yeah Bonnie, the internet is the biggest thing that's happened in my 60 years. It'll be the end of the WTBTS.

• wombat
    wombat

Bonnie.........You said "I love the internet". My Mum is in her late eighties (there family, you know who I am now), and hates the WTBTS with a vengence. Last night when this story first broke she got out of bed at 2.00am and got me to read her the latest posts. She reckons that if she could see a computer screen I wouldn't have a chance to use it. She is determined to live until this bad org collapses. (So I guess that I hope that it doesn't collapse for a long time. Besides, I'd miss this board). Yeah Bonnie, the internet is the biggest thing that's happened in my 60 years. It'll be the end of the WTBTS.

• Jourles
  • Jourles
    Jourles

I know what it is. I called a rather famous exjw last night and got the scoop from them. Let's just say that it has something to do with XXXXXX XXXXXX, XXXXXXX, and a XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX. But I'll let Barb fill in the specifics. I do not know who the "lady" is though...

Oh, and a big Congrats goes out to my buddy!

p.s. misappropriation of funds isn't it...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Damn Jourles, taking away Barbara's thunder like that! Ha!

hee hee

• Jourles
    Jourles

That's what the X's were for.

• wednesday
    wednesday

oh man, I was so sure it had to do with Katrina. For it to be big news, news that would cause "the world" to take note, I can't see it being a doctrine change. No one but JWS would care about that. it could be the blood issue and lawsuits, the public would care about children dying or children being abused. However, there is an abuse scandal in the news fairly often, people are getting somewhat jaded by now.

well I took my best shot.

weds

• wednesday
    wednesday

well I guess the PM's are flying now.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I also can't imagine it has anything to do with their own doctrines. The average JW will spin that to their own use, and the rest of the world could care less, if they've even heard of JW's.

I've had occasion to talk to people recently about things, where JW's come up in conversation...........Thanksgiving, Christmas, and mainly why we don't include my mother. When I mention JW's, they ask about them because they have never even heard of them.

I had lunch with my ex JW niece on Thursday and she said something that really struck a chord.............."when we were growing up as JW's, it was our whole world, and we thought EVERYBODY knew who we were and what we were all about. We were so proud to be carrying Jehovah's name and vindicating it to the world. Now I realize that most people really don't care IF they even have ever heard of them".

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Hmmmmm, It won't be about money...at least not directly. An embezzlement wouldn't mean anything to the r&f. It won't be about blood. It won't be a doctrinal change...new light. It is not necessarily illegal...it is a cover-up, a scandal. key words, "bamboozled, lied, hoodwinked..." We have "hordes of experts".... A woman "ferreted" it out. What types of "hordes" of experts could it be....money, naa....irs or embezzlement, naa.... But....abuse experts, psychology experts, cult experts,..."Woman" was emphasized. What if......the society paid hush money to some accusers of...Michael Jackson maybe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit