THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Understand how information is emplaced on the net. http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=jehovah%27s+witness&btnG=Search+News news ranking appears first (you can sign up for email alerts as they happen) http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=jehovah%27s+witnesses&sa=N&tab=nw next stop web index & stays forever

• qwerty
    qwerty

Ian................. Just been reading your account of your departure from the Borg.

I am hopeful, ever hopeful, that the love we instilled in our daughters will come to the fore; that they will be desperate to want to see us and speak with us again; that some "change in thought" on the part of the society will bring them to their senses as they might question why yet another thought should hold sway over a previously deeply entrenched one. Unfortunately, "the light is getting brighter" is a statement that all JWs are familar with and one which has profound effect on the membership, either resulting in staying or leaving.

Hope this is the answer mate! Dave

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Ian - I read your post and have an inkling of how you must feel. Clyde and I lost one daughter, not two, but our two sons and one daughter-in-law are now closer to us than ever. For that I am grateful. I'd like to think that this new scandal could make a difference with our daughter, but she is very staunch--so was I at one time. A lot of her stubbornness was ingrained by my own teaching and example, so who do I have to blame? I have dozens of other witness relatives who have little or nothing to do with me. (We have six generations of witnesses in our family). I don't miss them much, but I do miss our daughter. I'm not disfellowshipped--yet. They will speak to me, but all are VERY cool.

• FairMind
    FairMind

The WTS lying about money or misappropriating funds would shock most normal people. I wonder though how much effect this would have on the average JW? My guess is more along the lines of a major doctrinal change that cuts an average JW to the heart. Whatever the revelation is for it impact a JW such as my wife it will have to be absolutely irrefutable and horrifying.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Barbara -

I could not believe this thread was already 12 pages when I first saw it - could not wade thru all 12 pages - but has the announcement been revealed here? I guess not by the last few posts - so I, will wait patiently.

BTW - thanks for all the wonderful work you do in this regard.

Jeff

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Hope this is the answer mate!

Thanks, Dave!

This is why I don't want to build my hopes up too much about Barbara's BIG news! My heart pleads that the news is just what is required to make my daughters and many others see the truth about the cult - but my head tells me not to build my hopes up because Watchtower is such a slimy customer that has wiggled its way out of so many other damning situations.

I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Ian

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

IMO, whether the new scandal would affect the witnesses more than "worldly" people, or the other way around, would not make so much difference as how much the press decides to push the matter. Most witnesses hate bad publicity, at least I did. I can remember after the 1975 fiasco that I hoped that the press would not get ahold of our wrong prediction.

About 1986 I saw an article in our local newspaper about a couple who read the book "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz. I remembered Raymond had been deleted from the Governing Body, but didn't realize till then that he had written a book. Remember, back in the 80's we did not have the Internet. When they took the information to the elders and to their children, they were immediately disfellowshipped, and the article told how their children had nothing more to do with them. That article made me cringe, however I continued on. It stuck in my mind, however, and finally in 1998 I had the nerve to go on the Internet and type in the search words, "1975, Franz, Jehovah". I knew when I went on that I was going to a place of no return. The Internet has opened my eyes in a way I didn't even believe possible.

I love the Internet!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Here's my guess:

The WT Society is going to admit that its chronology leading up to 1914 is in error. They won't be able to hide this any longer because experts are going to expose this fact in a big way somehow. Further, the Society will acknowledge that doubts about 1914 have existed among the leadership since the time Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap and others raised the issue.

The Society will further admit that their explanation of Matthew 24 and 25 is a forced explanation. Sooner or later they will be forced to acknowledge that they are no different than the false prophets who preached wrong dates in every generation since the days of early Christianity.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm not going to get my expectations too high. That way, I can hope that this "revelation" will exceed anything I might wish. Please let it shock me.

• wombat
    wombat

Bonnie.........I feel that Clyde picked it right. A multi-million $$ class suit. I reckon that Barbara gave us a good clue that the lawyers had gone right over it and given it the nod. But what over??

I don't reckon it's embezzelment for reasons earlier stated by me and others.

(Sorry Ian - just can't help myself)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit